ATL @ ARI: Heroes and Goats

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I would also point out that he is another guy who is not being used like he was in college where he has success.

i'm not saying he isn't a bust as a first rounder, but he could be a steal FA signing if he only costs you like 5 or 6 mil which is the going rate for Kareem Martin and Tahir Whitehead.

That's a far point, he might be better in a pure 3-4 instead of that Seattle/San Fran where the ends are kind of like ends, but also kind of like OLB (Leo).

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warner threw for a 2 point conversion in one of the playoff games to a tight end... Ben Patrick, Leonard Pope???... maybe against Atlanta. I just remember the play, not the game or who to.. lol

May have been a FB I don't remember now just remember it was a gutsy call and one we'd been setting up literally all year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Warner threw for a 2 point conversion in one of the playoff games to a tight end... Ben Patrick, Leonard Pope???... maybe against Atlanta. I just remember the play, not the game or who to.. lol

Heh Ben Patrick works at Marcos De Niza HS as a security guard. True story.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

That 2 point conversion to Patrick was against the Eagles in the NFC Championship game. It gave us a 7 point lead, which we held on to.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Averaging a little under 300 passing and almost 63 yards rushing in our wins.

Bad teams, but still.

He also had +300 against good teams too.

He is playing with far more confidence than earlier in the season.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It feels AMAZING to be on a two-game not-losing streak, but let's keep a few things in perspective:
  1. Atlanta scored 11 more points than their per-game average
  2. We scored just slightly more point (33) than Atlanta averages (31)
  3. The game was sealed on a missed extra point
The best news is that no one is complaining about our draft position being mangled or whatever. Having a competitive team is fun, and so is regression toward the mean.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chase Edmonds – David Johnson may or may not be wildly overpaid, but there's no question Edmonds has continued to earn more work and is a playmaking spark that this offense needs. The challenge is how well he and the offense can adapt once opponents begin to adjust.

Byron Murphy – Absolutely standout game from the rookie cornerback. It wasn't perfect, but Murphy was a perfect tone-setter, beginning with his jaw-rattling hit on Julio Jones. It'll be compelling to see how he'll play when Patrick Peterson returns this week.

Kliff Kingsbury – Many people are going to credit the little Sooner under Center, but Kingsbury continues to improve week after week in calling and managing games. Surprisingly, the announcers said yesterday that Kingsbury lets an analytics assistant dictate 4th down decisions.

You must be registered for see images attach

Terrell Suggs – It's never a good idea to makes seven figure free agent signings for PR purposes, but it's looking more and more like Suggs is on some kind of retirement tour. He's effectively eating snaps, but his guessing on the snap count put the Cards in bad positions.

Budda Baker – The Cards are going to get an interception this season. In fact, I anticipate that the pass defense and turnovers will regress toward the mean and it'll feel like we've "figured it out." But you just have to expect more from a leader of the defense than what we've seen.

Andy Isabella – Isabella had 12 snaps and no touches or targets. It's probably not his fault that the hype machine rolled over Eye-Andy, but you know who's also rolling over him on the depth chart? Pharoh Cooper, who couldn't get snaps with literally 31 other teams, and Maxx Williams.

Did the future of football arrive?

Great googly-moogly, those dimes to Trent Sherfield and Damiere Byrd were exciting. If Murray can make those kinds of throws consistently — long passes that drop from a high angle into the receiver's hands — it truly could be something profoundly different. The sit-down on the aborted scramble was not attractive, though.

I know you guys probably love T-sizzle, but I thought I saw that his current year salary was 7 or 8 million. I'm not sure, because I just glanced at the article, and I don't want to actually research it, because if that's really true... man.... that would be upsetting. The Gresham contract was bad... The Bradford contract was really bad...

But seven million for year for this version of Terrell Suggs? lol.. Come on Steve! WTH man!? Do you want to get fired?

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
Based on the original post maybe Chase Edmonds should have been NFC player of the week over Kyler? Hah

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
May have been a FB I don't remember now just remember it was a gutsy call and one we'd been setting up literally all year.
it was NFC title game against Eagles. we did that To go up 7. and it was to Pope I think.