Draft WR Lamb in 1st round

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
what i really want the team to do in this draft:

trade down multiple times with a goal of stockpiling picks in the 25-55 range
I agree here.. only if we have a new gm. We have seen this movie before and fixing the lines will never be a keim strong suit, imo. Even with a plethora of picks

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Let's start rebuilding now before the trade deadline. For me that would be PP for Jet's Leonard Williams.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not really. Let’s look at the past 20 years.

Fitzgerald
AJ Green
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Julio Jones
Megatron
Antonio Brown
Odel Beckham
Dez Bryant
Marvin Harrison

how many championship do all those hall of famers have combined?

Yup. You don’t need a big time WR to win in the NFL.
That’s faulty logic. There are HOF players at every position that don’t win a championship. Doesn’t mean they didn’t increase their teams ability to do so. The cards don’t come close to reaching a super bowl without Fitz putting them in their back and carrying them.

better argument would be to take all super bowl teams (I’d argue that any team that makes the super bowl is a good indicator because in any given Sunday . . . ) and look to see if they had a dominant wr.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You have to draft for need and we need offensive line help

I don't want to take Adrian Peterson when we already have Edgerrin James. What a waste of our big free agent signing. I think a guy like Levi Brown will address a need and be the smartest pick.

This is how many of you sound to me and how your discussion is framed historically.
I get what you’re saying, but we have to address the issue at some point in our franchise. There will always be shiny new objects and sexy skill position picks, but we simply aren’t getting it done.

It’s like having a severe engine issue but telling the mechanic to slap some Flex Tape on it so we can buy new rims each year.

The problem with Keim is we are continuously trying to draft replacements for guys he drafted just a year prior.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what i really want the team to do in this draft:

trade down multiple times with a goal of stockpiling picks in the 25-55 range

Agree. If the right trade downs are there it has to be a strong consideration.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s faulty logic. There are HOF players at every position that don’t win a championship. Doesn’t mean they didn’t increase their teams ability to do so. The cards don’t come close to reaching a super bowl without Fitz putting them in their back and carrying them.

better argument would be to take all super bowl teams (I’d argue that any team that makes the super bowl is a good indicator because in any given Sunday . . . ) and look to see if they had a dominant wr.

you need good WR but what I’m saying you don’t need that high dollar star. A great QB with time to throw and the threat of a running game will find open guys.

the better question is what if we had drafted Big Ben instead of Fitz in that draft and put him with a lot of those teams.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you need good WR but what I’m saying you don’t need that high dollar star. A great QB with time to throw and the threat of a running game will find open guys.

the better question is what if we had drafted Big Ben instead of Fitz in that draft and put him with a lot of those teams.
Yea, you don’t really need great WRs, but not dudes you just got off the street.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still prefer Jeudy but you can argue Lamb is a great fit because he's so good after the catch which in our offense is a big deal

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
None of the guys you mentioned (Kirk, McLaurin, Metcalf, etc) are authentic or legit #1's. I don't care how many 2nd round WR picks you take, they will never amount to a legit #1. We need a #1 & it'll take a 1st round pick to get one. It's quite ok to have 3 one thousand yard receivers (Fitz, Boldin, Breaston). Only one of them was a 1st round pick.
McLaurin is (or will be if you prefer).

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Let's start with evaluating some key positions after free agency is done. OT, WR, OLB, and DE. That is a good place to start. Now lets add the players who are going to help Kyler Murray be most successful.

My biggest pushback against Lamb is that I think you could end up with a better combo going OT then WR vs WR then OT. I am also not out on Derrick Brown and Epenesa as 3-4 DE. Plenty of time.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yea, you don’t really need great WRs, but not dudes you just got off the street.
We drafted 4 WRs in the past two years and have a hall of famer at the position. Just because they’re not good enough to beat out street FAs doesn’t mean we haven’t tried.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We drafted 4 WRs in the past two years and have a hall of famer at the position. Just because they’re not good enough to beat out street FAs doesn’t mean we haven’t tried.
I don’t know if you’re agreeing or arguing against me.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Need to build the defense. In the trenches, linebackers and safeties. All set at corner. Byron Murphy may be Keim’s best pick

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m slowly, but surely starting to think CeeDee will be the pick.

There’s so many bad teams this year to the point where I doubt we’ll be picking top 10. Andrew Thomas, Epenesa, & Wirfs(hell, he might head back to school) will be all off the board most likely.

OL hasn’t been the ultimate disaster I thought it would be where I’m actually fine going OL in round 2 now.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, the trenches are critical in football at every level. But, you're still underestimating the value of those fancy toys called WR's.

Not under valuing it but if you fix the OL, Kyler, in theory, has more time which will make the current WRs better than they are showing.

Lamb sure looks the part.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not under valuing it but if you fix the OL, Kyler, in theory, has more time which will make the current WRs better than they are showing.

Lamb sure looks the part.

Agree. Yesterday, our RB’s gained 8 yards on 8 carries. Wow! Not sure those numbers improve much this Thursday against the Niners. K1 will no doubt be running for his life most of the night. As bad as the OL is, our front 7 on D may be worse.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. Yesterday, our RB’s gained 8 yards on 8 carries. Wow! Not sure those numbers improve much this Thursday against the Niners. K1 will no doubt be running for his life most of the night. As bad as the OL is, our front 7 on D may be worse.

Some of that is OL but IMO some of it simply is defenses are not afraid of us going over teh top we have no gamebreaker so they bring the defense up. We had success against the Giants because we spread them out and had holes, against NO they were too fast and we couldn't do that.

I prefer Jeudy to Lamb but we won't pick early enough. Lamb is a great run after catch guy which we could sure use now. He has speed and he and Murray are former teammates which should help.

Didn't we pick a speedy Wr in the 2nd round this year?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Some of that is OL but IMO some of it simply is defenses are not afraid of us going over teh top we have no gamebreaker so they bring the defense up. We had success against the Giants because we spread them out and had holes, against NO they were too fast and we couldn't do that.

I prefer Jeudy to Lamb but we won't pick early enough. Lamb is a great run after catch guy which we could sure use now. He has speed and he and Murray are former teammates which should help.

Didn't we pick a speedy Wr in the 2nd round this year?
I still say Michael Pittman Jr is just as good & productive. Maybe not quite as twitchy or elusive but he’s big, fast & makes big plays after the catch

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This. All day (pun not intended) this.

you don’t pass up talent bc you suck somewhere else. Particularly not when you could use that talent too. All things equal you draft need. But even I say “equal” I mean equal! Say no to Levi brown!!!

Honestly...... these are the EXACT reasons why Kenyan Drake for a 5th or 6th rounder is worth it. But only if we can re-sign him, which I am guessing that they want to do.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still say Michael Pittman Jr is just as good & productive. Maybe not quite as twitchy or elusive but he’s big, fast & makes big plays after the catch

Guessing by his age he is not the son who was in the vehicle when his dad (Michael Pittman, former Cards RB) slammed his Hummer into it. Must have been Mycah Pittman (Oregon WR).

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cee dee lamb it's a kind of player we need, a faster DeAndre Hopkins

It's good for this franchise still giving Fitz 11mil a year?

When I have watched him rarely separate from the defender, just if there is a blown assignement

I like him a lot, but in this moment should be a third fourth receiver in the depth chart

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA