Draft WR Lamb in 1st round

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Wirfs is off the board by our selection, gonna be tough for me to disagree.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He’d be a great replacement for Fitz but they’ll need to fix the lines first.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He should be the first receiver off the board.

My preference is to build the trenches.

I am not sure what "Big Ugly" I want though.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm not entirely against it, but I really want to solve some things in the trenches or at LB.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think we dropped the ball not trading up for Hollywood Brown this past year.

Lamb is a beast.
However, I can't quite figure out if Lamb is more DeAndre Hopkins or Jarvis Landry.

I know he'll be good, but I'm not 100% he'll be great yet (which is important if we're picking top 5 or 10). Need to see a bit more.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
OL, DL, LB...

Ignore these for Lamb and we're looking at another year like Jake Plummer throwing to David Boston for nearly 1,600 yards without playoffs to show for it.

I can’t argue with your take on this. My point is that it’ll still be very difficult to pass on a major difference maker like Lamb.

Last edited:

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Defense and oline...

A great d with an average offense gets to the playoffs. A bad D doesn't get you anywhere. The opposite holds true a lot less often.

That said if the value for the positions we need aren't there and we can't stack picks with trade downs I have no problem taking him.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I can’t argue with your take on this. My point is that it’ll still be very difficult to pass on a major difference make like Lamb.
I do love Lamb. I just don't know that the value of getting a Lamb after using so many assets on WR is going to make us a better team than picking a slightly lesser but still strong talent at OL or DL.

A WR pick in the first round is practically admitting that Keim has wasted a ton of picks and hasn't gotten anything out of it.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
Lamb is a beast. Depends on where we are drafting and who else is available. If a similarly rated ILB, DT or OL is there i might take them. But would be happy if we get Lamb!

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I do love Lamb. I just don't know that the value of getting a Lamb after using so many assets on WR is going to make us a better team than picking a slightly lesser but still strong talent at OL or DL.

A WR pick in the first round is practically admitting that Keim has wasted a ton of picks and hasn't gotten anything out of it.

Not necessarily. The WR picks we took in the last draft were depth to build up a completely depleted WR room. Taking Lamb would be the #1 that we so desperately need. Unfortunately, we are really bad on the OL & also with our LB'er corp. We do need a bad a$$ linebacker that can put people on the IR with an otherwise clean hit.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not necessarily. The WR picks we took in the last draft were depth to build up a completely depleted WR room. Taking Lamb would be the #1 that we so desperately need. Unfortunately, we are really bad on the OL & also with our LB'er corp. We do need a bad a$$ linebacker that can put people on the IR with an otherwise clean hit.
A lot of positions I’m drafting before ILB.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's not just the last draft... we also took Kirk.

Two receivers taken in the second round in two years shouldn't warrant needing a #1. This isn't a discussion we would be having if we took Terry McLaurin or DK Metcalf, guys with the frame to be an X receiver, instead of a guy who plays the exact same role as the guy we drafted the year prior.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's not just the last draft... we also took Kirk.

Two receivers taken in the second round in two years shouldn't warrant needing a #1. This isn't a discussion we would be having if we took Terry McLaurin or DK Metcalf, guys with the frame to be an X receiver, instead of a guy who plays the exact same role as the guy we drafted the year prior.

None of the guys you mentioned (Kirk, McLaurin, Metcalf, etc) are authentic or legit #1's. I don't care how many 2nd round WR picks you take, they will never amount to a legit #1. We need a #1 & it'll take a 1st round pick to get one. It's quite ok to have 3 one thousand yard receivers (Fitz, Boldin, Breaston). Only one of them was a 1st round pick.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It's weird how tacklers bounce off of him this year. it reminds me a little of Anquan.

In one of the earlier games, one of the TV broadcasters said that Lamb had gotten his body fat down to 3% during this past off-season.

Sick good hands too.

It'll be really interesting to see what is his 40 time at the combine.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
None of the guys you mentioned (Kirk, McLaurin, Metcalf, etc) are authentic or legit #1's. I don't care how many 2nd round WR picks you take, they will never amount to a legit #1. We need a #1 & it'll take a 1st round pick to get one. It's quite ok to have 3 one thousand yard receivers (Fitz, Boldin, Breaston). Only one of them was a 1st round pick.

- Davante Adams - Rd. 2
- Juju Smith-Schuster - Rd. 2
- Michael Thomas - Rd. 2
- Robert Woods - Rd. 2

- Kenny Golladay - Rd. 3
- Keenan Allen - Rd. 3

These #1, dominant WRs with size say hello, and that's without mentioning guys who aren't essentially in the top ten of fantasy production.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
- Davante Adams - Rd. 2
- Juju Smith-Schuster - Rd. 2
- Michael Thomas - Rd. 2
- Robert Woods - Rd. 2

- Kenny Golladay - Rd. 3
- Keenan Allen - Rd. 3

These #1, dominant WRs with size say hello, and that's without mentioning guys who aren't essentially in the top ten of fantasy production.

There will always be exceptions to the rule, but you cannot count on that happening, especially if you’re the AZ Cardinals. Sad, but true. If you want a legit stud, go get him in the 1st round.