OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Darren Urban (@Cardschatter)
10/9/19, 11:15 AM
Kingsbury said the Cardinals will continue to work WR Andy Isabella into passing game. Expressed optimism. With Isabella’s small role so far, “it has nothing to do with us being disappointed” in Isabella.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A update on David Johnson:
10/9/19, 11:21 AM
Kingsbury said they are still working with David Johnson and his back. Will have to see how the week goes -- he will try to do some things today. Kingsbury added the type of player Johnson is, it would likely come down to a game-day decision for his status.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard (@Kyle_Odegard)
10/9/19, 12:01 PM
On Christian Kirk (ankle): "He's come a long way in a short time. The injury did not look good when it happened, but he's really made some big strides. We're going to try to work him back in there some today and see where it goes."

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I need him to play so bad. My team is decimated at the WR position.
Arizona Cardinals starting receiver Christian Kirk warmed up with his teammates on Wednesday during the open portion of practice just more than a week after suffering a serious-looking ankle injury against the Seattle Seahawks.

That could give him a good shot at playing Sunday for a Week 6 home game against the Atlanta Falcons.
https://arizonasports.com/story/211...k-progresses-david-johnson-gametime-decision/

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
10/9/19, 11:15 AM
Kingsbury said the Cardinals will continue to work WR Andy Isabella into passing game. Expressed optimism. With Isabella’s small role so far, “it has nothing to do with us being disappointed” in Isabella.

Riiiiight.

I guess the proof will be on Sunday. If Kirk and Byrd are healthy do we have 7 wrs active?

Not sure I deactivate Cooper after what he did Sunday so..

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Kyle Odegard
@Kyle_Odegard

·
2m

I asked Kliff Kingsbury, pass play maestro, if he draws up run designs, too: "I’ll have ideas. Usually (the run game coaches) are like, ‘Yeah, that’s not going to work.'"
Ugh.

What else does he not know how to do?

Anyways, standing by my statements that this is going to be a rough game for us. With DJ & Kirk hurt, and the Falcons with their backs against the wall, I see us getting beat hard.

21-41 or thereabouts. But not really close. Go down early, constantly playing catch-up, Kyler ends it with solid fantasy numbers.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh.

Anyways, standing by my statements that this is going to be a rough game for us. With DJ & Kirk hurt, and the Falcons with their backs against the wall, I see us getting beat hard.

21-41 or thereabouts. But not really close. Go down early, constantly playing catch-up, Kyler ends it with solid fantasy numbers.
I think ANYTHING is possible with Kyler Murray at QB! ;)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh.

Just don’t be shocked if we win, even though I expect you to do that.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh.

I imagine his comment is more tongue in cheek.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why does that concern me just a touch..? Lol
Ugh.

After the 49ers game a lot of talking heads were saying how Kyle Shanahan has always been a genius with his run game packages.

As I've said before...Manziel was the only guy to rush for big yards in a Kliff Kingsbury offense. Primarily because he broke out of the pocket so much (Kliff only called a handful of QB runs).

Patrick Mahomes led his team in TD runs one year..
Edit: DeAndre Washington did have a couple of nice years at Tech as well.

I'm sure he'll learn though..hopefully..

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Ugh.

I find it funny that you are sold on the idea that the Cards are going to get pummeled, but Falcon's fans for the most part seem to think it's ridiculous that they are even favored to win.

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2019/...ls-odds-falcons-favored-on-the-road-in-week-6

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After the 49ers game a lot of talking heads were saying how Kyle Shanahan has always been a genius with his run game packages.

As I've said before...Manziel was the only guy to rush for big yards in a Kliff Kingsbury offense. Primarily because he broke out of the pocket so much (Kliff only called a handful of QB runs).

Patrick Mahomes led his team in TD runs one year..
Edit: DeAndre Washington did have a couple of nice years at Tech as well.

I'm sure he'll learn though..hopefully..
The flip side of that coin is that we finally have a head coach who can understand his weaknesses and has the ability and humility to delegate and allow others to do what they do best.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose