Cardinals are releasing CB Chris Jones

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Let me get this straight... We release one of our decent young CBs to claim a guy who’s been injured two years running and hasn’t played a snap in 2019 to keep the likes of DJ Foster and Darrell Daniels who sit on the bench. Meanwhile Tremaine Brock is hurt.

WTF is Miller Keim doing??

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didn't Kevin Peterson take his snaps this last game?
Yes, he played no D snaps vs CIN and only 7 the week before, per rotoworld. I was thinking he was playing well because you never heard his name or saw him getting beat, now I know the real reason.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3 straight games. 3 straight cuts.

Who gets cut after the Falcons game?

If we beat the Falcons, then the Falcons HC will be cut! I don't like our matchups vs the Falcons. Our D will be embarrassed & Falcons are in desperation mode & will be hungry. I just don't see us scoring enough points to beat the Falcons. I rewatched the Falcons/Texans game & the final score was very deceiving.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
IF this happens, it stinks of desperation.

Shows there is little faith in this organization's ability to develop players.

And looks as if our organization cannot evaluate players.

With P.Peterson, Alford and Brock hurt we are left with.

Murphy
K.Peterson
T.Williams

Makes zero sense to release Chris Jones.

Keep 5 cornerbacks, and release one when P.Peterson comes back.

Its like this team forgets all the issues they have had with depth.

P.Peterson
R.Alford
B.Murphy
K.Peterson
C.Jones

Wouldn't mind seeing that going into 2020.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stinks of desperation.

Murphy
K.Peterson
T.Williams

Of course it stinks of desperation. What else can it stink of? Any team in the NFL would be desperate when they lose their top 3 corners. Until Peterson & Alford get back, they are having to put together a secondary with band aids & bubble gum.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we beat the Falcons, then the Falcons HC will be cut! I don't like our matchups vs the Falcons. Our D will be embarrassed & Falcons are in desperation mode & will be hungry. I just don't see us scoring enough points to beat the Falcons. I rewatched the Falcons/Texans game & the final score was very deceiving.
They're only -3 favorites so Vegas likes our chances somewhat. The Bengals were a -3 favorite also & we see how that turned out. You just never know.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Of course it stinks of desperation. What else can it stink of? Any team in the NFL would be desperate when they lose their top 3 corners. Until Peterson & Alford get back, they are having to put together a secondary with band aids & bubble gum.

But now they're switching to scotch tape and melted crayons. This move made absolutely no sense. Swearinger was one thing, but I saw nothing to have Jones get let go. The dude actually played pretty damn well for a young buck.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not certain about desperation, who knows how many mistakes C Jones made during games that we are unaware of.

K Peterson took his spot and they bring in another that has more experience, this is literally CB4 we are talking about, and we have safeties we use in nickel and dime more than CB4.

I liked what I saw from Jones, but I'm just a fan, doesn't mean I know how he is really doing.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yea..When I made that thread I was just looking at the box score.

Need Kyler/Kliff to be amazing..

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What I'm guessing is that coaches are seeing things on film that we aren't. Basically, he IS out of position but he's getting lucky that he isn't getting targeted.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But now they're switching to scotch tape and melted crayons. This move made absolutely no sense. Swearinger was one thing, but I saw nothing to have Jones get let go. The dude actually played pretty damn well for a young buck.
We'll see if he gets claimed and if he plays mroe this year. That is the tell.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
IF this happens, it stinks of desperation.

Murphy
K.Peterson
T.Williams

Makes zero sense to release Chris Jones.

Keep 5 cornerbacks, and release one when P.Peterson comes back.

Its like this team forgets all the issues they have had with depth.

P.Peterson
R.Alford
B.Murphy
K.Peterson
C.Jones

Wouldn't mind seeing that going into 2020.

Williams is a PFF all star when healthy. I get we want to draft and develop, but you also have to take some chances on talent.