OT: ESPN’s Obsession With the Cleveland Browns

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Normally ESPN obsesses about East Coast teams, the Cowboys and the Packers but they seem to have strategically set the Browns up to fail by talking about them 12 hours a day. Give it a break ESPN. I don’t need to hear Colin Cowherd and Stephen A Smith talk about Baker Mayfied for 12 hours a day. Finally, some New York Giants broke into the ESPN news sphere by starting Daniel Jones. Never thought I would actually be happy to see ESPN cover the Giants. The act is getting old. ESPN is now a reality TV channel

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It reminds me a lot of a few years ago when Cards were hyped to be a SB favorite coming off the 13-3 season and tanked.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
It reminds me a lot of a few years ago when Cards were hyped to be a SB favorite coming off the 13-3 season and tanked.

We never received coverage at any level near this. ESPN talks about the Browns more than all other teams combined

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Uh, Cowherd hasn't been on ESPN in YEARS.

Who watches ESPN anyways nowadays? It's been a trainwreck ever since it decided to concentrate on being an SJW rather than actually being about sports.

I just got YouTube TV and it keeps popping up. And you are right: It wasn’t Cowherd, it was Skip Bayless. Good call: I actually couldn’t tell the difference. I haven’t watched ESPN in years

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just got YouTube TV and it keeps popping up. And you are right: It wasn’t Cowherd, it was Skip Bayless. Good call: I actually couldn’t tell the difference. I haven’t watched ESPN in years
Bayless is all over the Cowboys....he compared this years team to 92 team. Not even close

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Yup...Fox Sports is an ESPN retirement home.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
A lot of blowhard 'talent' has been plucked from ESPN to Fox.

ESPN will never be awesome again, bit they have a few young guys/gals that are decent. Unfortunately, though, there's an obvious agenda to have some sort of schtick, emphasizing on the E (Entertainment)...and less on the S (Sports).

It was awesome when they announced Berman and Jackson back with their SNF show....but it's also (to me) a slap in the face, to only have it available on ESPN+. Those guys deserve better and I'm sure, given a chance, they would find a new audience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

But at least the Cardinals accomplished more to warrant that hype, while the Browns have been more of the true definition of hype... building a story on unproven potential so far

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave