Hey Kliff, might want to grow a pair if you want to try and Win a game

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kliff on the radio right now "The red zone struggles come down to playcalling. I can't keep giving away downs and putting us in third and long"
He will figure it out, smart dude. I do hope he learns to put KM under center & run some power football inside the 5? That will open up the QB runs on fake handoff/bootlegs.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Even as a huge critic, you need to take the points when the game is within reach. It was proven out against the Lions, and we were enabled for the comeback.

I don't think the playcalling has been strong in the red zone though. We really need to be able to line up the ball every once in a while and fire off with a strong back. I really hated the fades to Fitz. I feel like they frequently fail to succeed.

But like's been mentioned, we can't expect all that much. A tie game and being within a score in the 4th quarter are improvements over last year. Maybe it's how low I set my expectations all year, but knowing we have an outside shot to win games against decent opponents should be seen as a success.

I'm worried that the team won't sustain through "moral victories," but who knows?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He will figure it out, smart dude. I do hope he learns to put KM under center & run some power football inside the 5? That will open up the QB runs on fake handoff/bootlegs.

I will give you endless chances if you just say "working on it". He knows it is an issue and I am sure he will get it worked out.

In the meantime this idiot coach has us from dead last in every offensive category to 12th in total offense with a roster that even the biggest homer wouldn't call good.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yup that’s what I was thinking. He essentially eliminates the bootleg by not playing kyler under center at least a little. He needs to incorporate that into his repertoire.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Until they prove otherwise, they are proving Rex Ryan to be correct, it's a fantasy football offense with lots of fantasy points without the wins.

In another vein, I don't buy the learning curve for running your offense inside the 5 yard line. I don't see it as being all that different what you look to do whether it's college or the NFL. You know the defense is going to bring in their jumbo defense and play man to man most of the time. You half to know only certain plays will work against goal line defenses no matter what level you are playing at. If KK hasn't figured that out by now he never will.
Depends. Do you actully believe that their lack of scoring is a problem with the offense as a whole or just not having good playcalls and execution in the redzone? I think it is more about the latter and if a team can pretty routinely move the ball into the scoring zone they can certainly put up a lot of point, but simply need to execute once they are there.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Depends. Do you actully believe that their lack of scoring is a problem with the offense as a whole or just not having good playcalls and execution in the redzone? I think it is more about the latter and if a team can pretty routinely move the ball into the scoring zone they can certainly put up a lot of point, but simply need to execute once they are there.

I never said that, re-read my post, it talks about inside the 5 yd line.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I never said that, re-read my post, it talks about inside the 5 yd line.
Inside the 5 is much different because it really shortens your own playbook and you have much less room to operate. While obviously some plays will be more effective in that area than others it really comes down to execution more than anything IMO. Receivers need to find the small openings and the QB needs to deliver an accurate pass as well. For instance both fade passes to Fitz in the last game could have potentially been completions if he simply throws it somewhere that Fitz has a chance to make a play on it. Instead he threw both passes way out of his reach and now we find ourselves blaming KK for calling those plays instead of maybe just accepting that maybe our players just haven't executed as well as they should have.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Two games into Kliff's Cardinals tenure and ASFN has it all figured out. LMAO. The overreactions on here are hilarious.

az, I don't think it's overreactions. I myself, and from what I can see from others, are not calling for his head, but his pairing with Kyler was certainly advertised to be more productive then what we've had so far. (Scoring I mean) When you had a chance to be 2-0 instead of 0-1-1, we have a right to be a little irritated about it. I'll be frank. I don't like the head coach. but I have to have some semblance of faith that he'll work it out, and I do. I just don't want to be the mild mannered "oh it'll be okay next week" type of fan that won't yell for accountability when it's called for. That kind of patience will have us all sitting in front of the TV by Thanksgiving, season effin over. I'm not bout that life man.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az, I don't think it's overreactions. I myself, and from what I can see from others, are not calling for his head, but his pairing with Kyler was certainly advertised to be more productive then what we've had so far. (Scoring I mean) When you had a chance to be 2-0 instead of 0-1-1, we have a right to be a little irritated about it. I'll be frank. I don't like the head coach. but I have to have some semblance of faith that he'll work it out, and I do. I just don't want to be the mild mannered "oh it'll be okay next week" type of fan that won't yell for accountability when it's called for. That kind of patience will have us all sitting in front of the TV by Thanksgiving, season effin over. I'm not bout that life man.

You must be registered for see images attach

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

LOL

To put it in perspective here's Philly's reaction after a child spills milk:

:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::madarms::madarms::madarms::madarms::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::madarms::madarms::madarms::madarms::computer::bang::bang:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why dont you like the head coach?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The 'High flying' 'super powered' offense has shown 'potential'

The defenses are always ahead of the offense the first 2 games....the 3rd is normally the breakout

I'm noticing Murray getting more frustrated with guys. I.E. yelling a Shipley for the snap count and yelling at Crabtree for running the wrong route....which I LOVE IT!!! Keep getting on em Murray!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I would say that I'm feeling a little bait and switched here. I would of hoped for more creativity in the Red Zone and if we were talking about a defensive minded coach then it wouldn't be nearly as puzzling.

We didn't hire the guy because he was Mr. iceman the stat God of conservatism we supposedly hired a gunslinger mad scientist and instead we got Grandpa driving in traffic.

I only saw one really creative play and you'd think the 5 yard line would be a great place to crack the can on anything you had, but I guess not.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
There is a reason that it hasn't happened in a game since the goalposts were moved over 40 years ago. It's a super conservative approach to playcalling on the doorstep of 7 points.

Again...... There is a reason it hasn't happened before till the Ravens game. That combined with the Detroit red zone issues, combined with him saying that he has good analysis from his analytics department make me think that they need to dial up their risk tolerance a bit.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I would say that I'm feeling a little bait and switched here. I would of hoped for more creativity in the Red Zone and if we were talking about a defensive minded coach then it wouldn't be nearly as puzzling.

We didn't hire the guy because he was Mr. iceman the stat God of conservatism we supposedly hired a gunslinger mad scientist and instead we got Grandpa driving in traffic.

I only saw one really creative play and you'd think the 5 yard line would be a great place to crack the can on anything you had, but I guess not.

I'm feeling this.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why dont you like the head coach?

BR, I'm just very skeptical. All this "coach du jour" with everybody trying to snag the next McVay, is unsettling to me. Poor record in college and a thin resume just leaves me lukewarm. I'm willing to give him a chance though. I have to.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

You obviously haven't been seeing Fitzgerald getting wide open down the field every game. That takes creativity. Same goes for our two-point conversions. If Kingsbury can be creative in those areas, the red zone offense will surely come around.