Our receivers though...

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
I thought our receiver corp was going to be thin and not particularly talented. Kirk is turning in to quite an adept WR and Fitzgerald is getting targeted often and making the most of his opportunities (as usual). Fitzgerald, in particular, isn't just being targeted for short possession balls but deeper shots and for a guy that didn't seem to have the speed to separate anymore is being schemed into wide open holes in the secondary. Byrd is emerging as a completely legitimate #3

KK's scheme and Murray may keep Fitzgerald in Cardinals red for several more years.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah extremely sure handed guys. Murray threw a lot of balls to covered guys that nobody would have blamed them for dropping. Receievers have been phanomenal.

OP
OP
Fiasco

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Would have expected Isabella to be a contributing as a 2nd round draft pick though. Had really high hopes on him especially with DK still on the board.
don't really see Murray having time behind that line to exploit Isabella over the top

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm so loving CK right now. He reminds me of OBJ the way he runs. Fluid with not a lot of wasted movement. Maybe it's the 13, but him and Kyler have a potential to be a problem in this league for many years.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If you put four guys on the field over and over, you're going to get some matchups, especially in this offense. We have two guys in Byrd and KeeShawn who are overqualified to be #4s and two guys who are probably below average #2s in Kirk and Fitzgerald.

Crabtree only played 19 snaps yesterday. When he's all the way back, we'll have three #2s, which might be enough for this year.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you put four guys on the field over and over, you're going to get some matchups, especially in this offense. We have two guys in Byrd and KeeShawn who are overqualified to be #4s and two guys who are probably below average #2s in Kirk and Fitzgerald.

Crabtree only played 19 snaps yesterday. When he's all the way back, we'll have three #2s, which might be enough for this year.

Below Average #2's? What do you consider an average #2?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert Woods (LARM)
Tyler Boyd (CIN)
Calvin Ridley (ATL)
Marvin Jones (DET)
Tyrell Williams (LAC)

Tyrell is with the Raiders now I believe, and with AB gone he is now a #1. I guess I'm not sure I follow what you consider a #1 and #2 (No pun intended).

I don't see how those guys are any better than Fitz (Fitz is currently top 10 in the league for receptions and receiving yards)? I'd put Kirk right in there as an average #2 WR.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Unfortunately id have to agree to an extent. I dont know if Cardinals have a great #1 but behind that theyre great. I think fitz and kirk are very good #2s and crabtree a solid 2 as well. They have another 2-3 very good #3s.

Low on top flight talent but plenty of talent to get the job done.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So those guys are all better than Fitz?

Tyrell is with the Raiders now I believe, and with AB gone he is now a #1. I guess I'm not sure I follow what you consider a #1 and #2 (No pun intended).

I don't see how those guys are any better than Fitz (Fitz is currently top 10 in the league for receptions and receiving yards)? I'd put Kirk right in there as an average #2 WR.

Those guys are all better than Fitz right now, I think. Yes, Fitz is getting a ton of targets in a wide open system. Imagine what a good wideout would do in this offense?

Here's another way to think about it: through Week 1, Fitz was 44th in DYAR according to Football Outsiders. Odell Beckham was 43rd, so there's obviously (maybe) some noise in those numbers.

Fitz has 3 1st downs in 13 receptions so far this season.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So those guys are all better than Fitz?

At this stage, I would take Fitz's over almost all those guys except one. Ridley is the exceptions, based on age and production so far. Over the first two games, Fitz's has out-produced the rest on that list. Marvin Jones and Woods have been garbage so far.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately id have to agree to an extent. I dont know if Cardinals have a great #1 but behind that theyre great. I think fitz and kirk are very good #2s and crabtree a solid 2 as well. They have another 2-3 very good #3s.

Low on top flight talent but plenty of talent to get the job done.

You said Crabtree is a solid #2

:biglaugh:

Based on what?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this stage, I would take Fitz's over almost all those guys except one. Ridley is the exceptions, based on age and production so far. Over the first two games, Fitz's has out-produced the rest on that list. Marvin Jones and Woods have been garbage so far.

I have Woods on my fantasy team his biggest issue is he's had 2 TD's and a long catch all called back by penalties. He's a very good player.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have Woods on my fantasy team his biggest issue is he's had 2 TD's and a long catch all called back by penalties. He's a very good player.

As it relates to this conversation, Fitz was called a "below average #2" behind the likes of Woods, Jones, etc... So, would you rather have Woods over Fitz? Regardless of what's been called back by penalty, I think I would rather have Fitz any day.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As it relates to this conversation, Fitz was called a "below average #2" behind the likes of Woods, Jones, etc... So, would you rather have Woods over Fitz? Regardless of what's been called back by penalty, I think I would rather have Fitz any day.

It depends, if you mean one game I'll take Fitz. If you mean right now on my team I'd take Woods because he's 9 years younger and seems to have come into his own the last 3 seasons( 2 previous plus this one) with the Rams.

Don't get me wrong Fitz makes incredible catches and is off to a great start but he is also heavily targeted, ESPN says 24 times in 2 games, and has 13 catches. Woods has 15 targets 10 catches. Fitz has twice as many yards but again Woods has had 2 TD's and another long catch called back, or his stats would look very similar to Fitz, with more TD's, and far less targets.

Fitz is one of the best to ever play and I can't think of a Wr I'd prefer to throw to if I need one catch or even 1 game, but he's 36 years old, my guess is his numbers this year will start to come down in terms of YPC closer to where they've been in recent years.

Fitz has less competition on the roster which means more attention from the defense, but also more chances to make plays. Woods has to share the ball with other Wr's and has a run game which means less attention on him, but also less chances to make plays.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose