NFL Game Pass

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the game this morning. Sorta sucks when you know the result but I am tired of the Direct TV package. 7 day free trial with NFL G P. $106.00 for entire year if I keep it. Cheaper than going to a live single Dolphin game.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Redzone is $36 through the NFL app, but I haven't decided to do that either. I'd have to buy it for my wife's phone too, $70. Cheap, but, it used to be $2 a month with Verizon but I couldn't find it anywhere.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the condensed version of the games feels a bit weird , but it is like watching Red Zone expanded version. No commercials, time outs, etc. Less than 60 minutes to watch the entire replay.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Living out of state sucks. I end up listening to the radio broadcast online and watching the replay on Gamepass afterwards

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Living out of state sucks. I end up listening to the radio broadcast online and watching the replay on Gamepass afterwards
This is why I am willing to fight with DTV for free Sunday ticket Max every year. I can't do RedZone if I know we are playing. And gamepass just doesn't cut it for me. I need the drama.

Maybe sooner or later I will start going to a bar or something.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got lucky yesterday because the Crowboy game finished early and they switched over to our game so I was able to watch the last 8 min or so live. I had made a pact with myself not to get overly wound up over the games because I wasn't going to be able to watch them this year but that went out the window on the first game... lol

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use Game Pass with Google Chromecast? I can't get mine to work.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why I am willing to fight with DTV for free Sunday ticket Max every year. I can't do RedZone if I know we are playing. And gamepass just doesn't cut it for me. I need the drama.

I assume you have regular Directv too and that's how they give you max for free?

I have Xfinity again not Dtv so I only managed to get 25% off and only because they had such a hard time activating my Sunday Ticket to go package because my email is already in their system that they gave me the first of 4 months free as an apology.

First week worked pretty well, had some freezes here and there but nothing too bad, WAY better than a feed of reddit.

The only bad part I can't record games since it's via my Amazon fire stick.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Go to a bar

order a beer and chill

Direct TV sucks! If they ever lose the NFL package they'll lose 75% or more of their customers.

How can you watch a game when you already know the results.....man that's the worst.
You know when the scoring is over and it's just back and forth....there's no drama in knowing the result. We've all done it and it's okay to watch but it's 10% as fun as live

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I assume you have regular Directv too and that's how they give you max for free?

I have Xfinity again not Dtv so I only managed to get 25% off and only because they had such a hard time activating my Sunday Ticket to go package because my email is already in their system that they gave me the first of 4 months free as an apology.

First week worked pretty well, had some freezes here and there but nothing too bad, WAY better than a feed of reddit.

The only bad part I can't record games since it's via my Amazon fire stick.
Yep. Have been since 1999. that's why I think i get so many discounts. My acct # is 5 digits. They always try to give me regular ST but I fight for Max to get redzone.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Go to a bar

order a beer and chill

Direct TV sucks! If they ever lose the NFL package they'll lose 75% or more of their customers.

How can you watch a game when you already know the results.....man that's the worst.
You know when the scoring is over and it's just back and forth....there's no drama in knowing the result. We've all done it and it's okay to watch but it's 10% as fun as live
In Central PA this poses two issues.

1. We never get sound.
2. Ridicule for actually watching the Cards.

A distant 3rd is the 2nd screen experience I get with Redzone. I have it running on my laptop while I flip between other qames on the TV.

You are right though..... I'm gone the moment I can get a stable..... HIGH Def online version of ST or if Fios gets it. Gone in a FLASH

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1. We never get sound.

A distant 3rd is the 2nd screen experience I get with Redzone. I have it running on my laptop while I flip between other qames on the TV.

You are right though..... I'm gone the moment I can get a stable..... HIGH Def online version of ST or if Fios gets it. Gone in a FLASH

Lots of talk Amazon Prime, Netflix, or both might get it next. Apparently NFL is strongly considering cancelling Directv to get more coverage, and more money.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I hadn't watched a complete game in a few years on Sunday morn/aftnoon with redzone. Cut the cord and now pay 20 dollars per month to Spectrum to stream 10 favorite channels of my choosing plus free local stations. Cheapest way I have found and still get my favorite 'cable' channels. But no Redzone option now.

So giving Gameplan a try. Like it after 1 week. Flipped between both Chargers and Cowgirls games in afternoon, while listening live to Cards game via Gameplan on my Amazon tablet. Then watched end of Cards game that evening via Gameplan.

I can live with that. Lots of opportunities to watch best parts of other games by skimming through the condensed versions. So far it feels right and promising.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the game this morning. Sorta sucks when you know the result but I am tired of the Direct TV package. 7 day free trial with NFL G P. $106.00 for entire year if I keep it. Cheaper than going to a live single Dolphin game.

Give up on live streaming?

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Avoid media for 3 hours watch on game pass

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1. We never get sound.
There's a cool free app called Tunity. You point your mobile phone's camera at the game you're watching, it identifies the broadcast, assumes you have the right to watch it therefore you must have the right to listen to it, and pulls up the audio on your phone. Bring some ear buds & now you're listening to the game as well as watching. It even has controls to slightly advance or delay the audio in case your TV is a little out of sync. Enjoy!

... dave

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
There's a cool free app called Tunity. You point your mobile phone's camera at the game you're watching, it identifies the broadcast, assumes you have the right to watch it therefore you must have the right to listen to it, and pulls up the audio on your phone. Bring some ear buds & now you're listening to the game as well as watching. It even has controls to slightly advance or delay the audio in case your TV is a little out of sync. Enjoy!

... dave
That is a great idea! Thanks!

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Avoid media for 3 hours watch on game pass

Yeah, I never watch live so a cut to game pass wouldn't be a huge issue as long as they are available that night, which I've been told they are

Not that hard to avoid a score, especially when you train friends/family

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe things have changed. I remember being in florida, unable to watch the cardinals game, signed up for gamepass and the game was not available until midnight but this was in 2010. Now, according to the website, it is available immediately after the game somehow.

You must be registered for see images attach

I like to work on sundays, they are highly profitable and I could just turn off my phone and not come to ASFN while working and then just go home and watch the game

hmmm

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
GameSim offers mock replays of each game beginning 1 hour after the kickoff of each game for only $4.99 per season. They dress up athletic people that look closest to the actual real players in the uniforms and actual numbers/names of each. They then simulate each play by having their off & def players run the play just as it looked and happened in the real game an hour or so earlier. With a little imagination you'd think you are watching the game live it is so realistic. Even the fake coaches and bench players look authentic, as does listening to the mock crowd noise and commentary of each play. My wife can't tell the difference from the real game, but then again she is blind.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
maybe things have changed. I remember being in florida, unable to watch the cardinals game, signed up for gamepass and the game was not available until midnight but this was in 2010. Now, according to the website, it is available immediately after the game somehow.

I like to work on sundays, they are highly profitable and I could just turn off my phone and not come to ASFN while working and then just go home and watch the game

hmmm
I've been able to watch Cards games Sunday nights after the end of the last game. Not sure if that is when it is first available but that is the earliest I've tried.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hmmm
It was always possible you just had to start watching before Sunday night game started.

They removed that restriction this year. Game available after final whistle

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I watch on ESPN gamecast with Redzone on. You can see what is going on and if they get in scoring territory they switch. Also good for fantasy football. If we were elite ...Id go to a bar. But until then. its a good way

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I beat up DirecTV this year and actually netted out $74 ahead when trying to get ST Max for free. But it was a brutal, hour-plus phone call.

If you're out of market and main desire for ST is to watch the Cards (or whoever "your" team is), unless you want to go through the pain of beating a deal out of DirecTV, I would just find one of the many streaming bootleg sites out there and either watch it on a mobile device, or AirPlay or Chromecast it to your TV.

What I'd like to see DirecTV offer is a RedZone channel ONLY option for a reasonable cost. That's all we watch other than the Cards broadcast, which is on local Tucson TV always, and the other major network games - so no real need for the full ST package nowadays anyways.