"GM Mike Hazen ‘focused’ on D-backs as rumor mill links him to Boston"

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
“I am an Arizona Diamondback, I want to talk about the Arizona Diamondbacks,” he said. “That’s really where my focus is. It’s [where] 100% of my focus has been and will continue to be. So that’s all I’m really going to have to offer on that. Let’s talk about the team in New York [visiting the Mets] and our chase of the pennant.”

It was an answer that seemed to give no leaning one way or the other as to what Hazen would or would not consider this coming offseason, when personnel moves are more likely to happen around the league. For the time being, Hazen is the GM of a D-backs team trying to make the postseason, and he claims this rumor mill is not a distraction.

https://arizonasports.com/story/207...on-d-backs-as-rumor-mill-links-him-to-boston/

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well if he's under contract then there is nothing he can do. Hopefully Kendrick does not do BOS any favors by giving them permission to talk to him. Not sure why all the speculation is going around that he is on the short list, but to be safe lock him and his staff up.

Being reported that if asked the Dbacks will give permission per Gambo

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Being reported that if asked the Dbacks will give permission per Gambo
I understand they would do this so they don't get a bad reputation but its the same role he has now, its not like it would be a promotion. If he goes they will be hard pressed to find a GM of his caliber. I guess we'll see how committed to ARZ Hazen is after the season. Frankly, if I were Hazen I would have a chip on my shoulder with them hiring Dombrowski over him 2 years ago.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It may not be a promotion in title but make no mistake it is a promotion.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It was announced today that Hazen signed an extension with the D-backs.

Reports tonight indicate that Arizona Diamondbacks General Manager has been signed to a contract extension by the team. There’s no details of the extension in terms of length or cost, but Hazen was already under contract through at least next season [there’s some discrepancy among sources on whether or not it also covered 2021] Jack Sommers speculated in tonight’s Gameday Thread that the extension “is at least 3 years, if not more,” so that would keep Hazen under team control through 2023.

https://www.azsnakepit.com/2019/9/1...dbacks-gm-mike-hazen-signs-contract-extension

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose