Arizona Cardinals sign OT Jordan Mills

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim is failing (or failed) this team in many ways. This signing, in week 2, given where this team is with respect to tackles is not one of them.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Awesome.

I have been a fan of Mills since college.

He is NOT a game changer, but I think he will fit Sean Kugler's philosophy in wanting a physical lineman.

Him and Sweeney on the tight side will not be wanting in effort and nastiness.....just skill might be lacking, lol.

Good signing.

I would suspect the guard, Vinunich will be let go, or Gilbert goes to IR.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Thank you for that assessment, Rugby! Obviously I am all for upgrading the offensive line, but I do feel like Justin Murray played well, and though it is probably primarily because I am in love with his story, I have high hopes for Brett Toth.

If Mills outplays them both then great!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
You keep Murray at RT till he shows he is unable to do the job, and even keep him in there if his slip ups are minor and he keeps progressing. Of course, if he starts making the other Murray a tackling dummy, you then go to the vet but this dang OL for once needs to establish themselves as a working whole to have success

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You keep Murray at RT till he shows he is unable to do the job, and even keep him in there if his slip ups are minor and he keeps progressing. Of course, if he starts making the other Murray a tackling dummy, you then go to the vet but this dang OL for once needs to establish themselves as a working whole to have success

Agree with this and now we have some depth with Gilbert in IR.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How did the Gilbert injury happen or did the team docs totally fail when checking him out when he signed?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Talked to my Bills buddy this morning. His remark:
“He is bad, but you can do worse.”

This is another example of Keim throwing spaghetti against the wall and hoping it sticks.

He wasnt very good with Chicago either.

Mills is likely better than Murray though.

Keim keeps putting himself in the position to dig through the waiver wire dumpster for key starters.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To be honest he has started all 16 games the last 3 years, so there really isn't a history. Just thought it was funny how he came available for us to sign. Couldn't have been any other way
I listened to the Doug & Wolf show podcast while ago, they said he played all 16 games the last 2-3 yrs. Wolf said "remember folks, he was still released". Doug said "it's a good signing, the Dolphins are releasing players & tanking" in so many words. We shall see who starts at RT Sunday. Mills will have the same amount of time as Murray to get ready, may be a day longer? Murray had 3 days.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He wasnt very good with Chicago either.

Mills is likely better than Murray though.

Keim keeps putting himself in the position to dig through the waiver wire dumpster for key starters
In Week 2, no less.

There's no excuse for already needing to give key playing time to the Justin Murrays and Joe Walkers of the league. #keimtime

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree. Kid played his heart out in limited time to prepare. One sidenote: the holding call on Sweezy was total bull$&*+ can on OL'man not pancake block a man to the ground anymore? He got good leverage & took him down, refs just assumed he must've been holding. That call negated the longest run of the day (13 yds) for DJ.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Should Humphries go down ARZ would be looking at Matt Kalil or Sam Young as only FA options. This OL needs to stay healthy.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good deal.... Based on what i saw last week we have one hell of an oline coach.... So adding in veteran talent can't hurt.

Anyone know if he is an upgrade over murray? Sweazy had to jump out and cover for murray a few times.....
I like sweazy
Sean Kugler is one of the best OL coaches in the NFL. He will get the most out of who's available to play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose