Sacramento State @ ASU Friday at 7 PM

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bring on the mighty Hornets!

They put up 77 points on Southern Oregon University last week. :confused:

Another one of these "air raid" offenses. Should be a good work out for our secondary, which I like to think is a one of our strengths. Hopefully the O line shows some real progress from last week.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is hoping Daniels takes the next step forward. His growth this week is critical given the game in East Lansing the following week

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Game Day is here! :sparky:

I am going to miss the whole thing unfortunately, but will check in afterwards.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope the offensive line opens some bigger holes for the running backs and provides better pass protection for Daniels.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Yep, that was not impressive in any way.

Take that back. Kicking game was impressive. That is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Devil's offensive line definitely needs to improve to get their running and passing game going. I will still take being 2-0.

Michigan State will be a tough game on the road.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they dont fix the offensive line, yes.

Daniel's looks like a keeper. But that offensive line has looked bad against two WEAK teams.

They haven't simply looked bad. They have looked downright awful. Must be something in the AZ water that makes OL look like *****.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I understand they are young, but they are still a pac team who should be able to draw pac talent. This is embarrassing right now. And re-raises concerns about the herm experiment.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand they are young, but they are still a pac team who should be able to draw pac talent. This is embarrassing right now. And re-raises concerns about the herm experiment.

They have PAC talent the OL has not been right since camp started. Heading into camp the OL was thought to be good but lacked depth. Due to injuries and personal reasons that depth is now playing.

Still a bit soon to declare the Herm experiment a failure but the cupcakes are gone off the schedule...here comes the thunder.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These past two have have been brutal to watch.

Our offensive line is offensive.

Defense can't penetrate or tackle.

We can't cover a running back wheel route. We are lucky that the quarterbacks these last two games couldn't connect on those router or else we possibly would have had a struggle to win either game. Kent State basically blew two touchdowns when their running backs weren't able to catch the passes on those routes.

It's going to be a long year.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Didn't get to watch the game, but when I saw the box score in the 3rd quarter I was shocked. Asu needs a miracle in order to have at least a .500 record. These next few weeks are going to be very telling...hopefully Herm can pull some magic to get this team on track.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Herm may be taking it slow with Daniels as he is a freshman but some quick slants over the middle would slow down that pass rush and probably help the running game.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Herm may be taking it slow with Daniels as he is a freshman but some quick slants over the middle would slow down that pass rush and probably help the running game.

I hope you are right but that doesn't explain the abomination that is the OL.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you are right but that doesn't explain the abomination that is the OL.

The offensive line is no doubt a large problem even more so if a couple of injured players on the line do not play against Michigan State.

RG Jarrett Bell left the game with an injury and RT Steven Miller departed as well. Their status looms large because ASU has no depth there right now.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...er-sacramento-state-arizona-state/2246654001/

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did I see that they are now ranked top 20? Not sure if I saw that right.

Not sure what I saw, but that is not correct. Big mistake on my part. Sorry, guys.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I share a lot of the disappointment already expressed, but am not ready to throw in the towel on the HE program.

The OL was supposed to be stellar this year, but had 2 big losses before the season. They are still trying to adjust to that, and had 2 more injuries Friday night, hopefully not serious. That's why Eno is not getting loose, Daniels is getting pressure, and we had some bad snaps, one of which screwed up a scoring opp. They need to make OL depth a key priority in recruiting going forward.

Unfortunate to have one TD called back due to stupid penalty, another on a fumble call where it looked like our guy was already across the goal line.

Anyway, the D looks strong and they better be this year.

Onward and upward.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I share a lot of the disappointment already expressed, but am not ready to throw in the towel on the HE program.

The OL was supposed to be stellar this year, but had 2 big losses before the season. They are still trying to adjust to that, and had 2 more injuries Friday night, hopefully not serious. That's why Eno is not getting loose, Daniels is getting pressure, and we had some bad snaps, one of which screwed up a scoring opp. They need to make OL depth a key priority in recruiting going forward.

Unfortunate to have one TD called back due to stupid penalty, another on a fumble call where it looked like our guy was already across the goal line.

Anyway, the D looks strong and they better be this year.

Onward and upward.

Agree with all that... Mich St isn’t great by any means... but they are immensely more talented across both sides of the ball. Their QB, a Phoenix Pinnacle High grad and 5th year senior, isn’t great but is smart.
The game has the potential to get outta hand given our oline issues. Our only chance is our defense...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose