Cardinals trade S Rudy Ford for DT Bruce Hector from Eagles

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.azcardinals.com/news/cardinals-trade-for-eagles-dl-bruce-hector-swapping-s-rudy-ford

The Cardinals got some defensive line depth Thursday, agreeing to a trade with the Eagles to land Bruce Hector.

In exchange, the Cards traded safety Rudy Ford. The deal hinges on both players passing physicals.

Hector, 6-foot-2 and 296 pounds, came into the league undrafted in 2018. He played eight games as a rookie last season for the Eagles, notching a half-sack. He joins a unit that subtracted Darius Philon, Robert Nkemdiche and Vincent Valentine (all released) during training camp. The Cards currently have Corey Peters, Zach Allen and Rodney Gunter starting on the line, with potential reserves including Terrell McClain, Miles Brown, Michael Dogbe, Sterling Bailey and Pasoni Tasini. Hector joins that mix in fighting for a spot.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
good trade....anybody really know anything about hector??Is he good enough to stick for the rotation?

any type of line help is good and ford was gonna get cut anyway

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw him play a few games in college when they played UCF. He played with good effort and was a very good tackler from what I remember.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cards DT are laughable by every other teams standards

There won’t be a single O line losing any sleep the night before a game vs these guys

If I have a RB 4 facing the Cards they’re gonna start

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What is the football mean-ness of Hector on Hannibal Lector's scale?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like the Eagle's talent evaluation a lot better than the Cardinals, so I'm not sure what to think of this trade.

On one hand, they chose Hector to make their 53 man roster last season, on the other, they traded him for Rudy Ford..

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
good trade....anybody really know anything about hector??Is he good enough to stick for the rotation?

So it's a good trade when you know nothing about the player coming to the Cardinals? Steve...is this you?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

Being based in Orlando I see quite a bit of USF over in Tampa. Those of you that have read my posts will be aware I’m not a Ford fan. It’s funny that Ronin mentioned belated tackles as my impression of Ford is that he’s fast in running down guys after he lets them catch the ball.

Turning to Hector most saw him as USF’s 3rd best prospect but likely the best athlete of the group. He’s a good all around type athlete and was even recruited for basketball by some college teams. His quickness and agility are his best traits. I think he needs to get stronger. He’ll be best in the rotation for passing downs. I like him better in a 4-3 but beggars can’t be choosers. He does bring a good attitude, is a hard worker and stayed out of trouble in college. For a last minute grab he’s a decent catch. I wouldn't be surprised to see stunts with Allen & him.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Two moves that improved the team today. Can't argue with that.
Fitz, Crabtree, Kirk, Keeshawn, Isabella, Sherfield, Cooper?

I see we also parted ways with Kevin White. Surprising after not even getting within two weeks of the season opener, but who knows. I think Maxx Williams, RSJ, and Caleb give us a decent TE squad, especially given the lack of predicted usage of TE's in the Kingsbury offense. The RB's function well when they have holes. Our skill position players seem to be in reasonable shape.
It's all on the line. Hopefully we see some gelling this weekend from the starters.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
So it's a good trade when you know nothing about the player coming to the Cardinals? Steve...is this you?
Good trade yes. We need dline help and as stated.... Ford wasnt going to make the team.
Getting a possible something for a known nothing makes it a good trade.
Does that fall within your level of comprehension? Because everyone else seemed to get it

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Two moves that improved the team today. Can't argue with that.
Fitz, Crabtree, Kirk, Keeshawn, Isabella, Sherfield, Cooper?

I see we also parted ways with Kevin White. Surprising after not even getting within two weeks of the season opener, but who knows. I think Maxx Williams, RSJ, and Caleb give us a decent TE squad, especially given the lack of predicted usage of TE's in the Kingsbury offense. The RB's function well when they have holes. Our skill position players seem to be in reasonable shape.
It's all on the line. Hopefully we see some gelling this weekend from the starters.

They need a blocking TE. There are plenty of them available as FAs right now.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Eagle's talent evaluation a lot better than the Cardinals, so I'm not sure what to think of this trade.

On one hand, they chose Hector to make their 53 man roster last season, on the other, they traded him for Rudy Ford..

The Eagles have a very strong DL and I think it was the strength of the team the last few years. So for Hector to make the Eagles 53 man roster as a UDFA is a good sign IMO. Like I said above it appears that the kid has a motor and wants to compete. Which after having to deal with Nkemdiche is a breath of fresh air.