OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Back With Cardinals, D.J. Swearinger Has Something To Say
Technically, D.J. Swearinger returned to the Cardinals last season, but it wasn’t until Christmas Day, and the veteran safety wasn’t dressed for the team’s season finale.

So for Patrick Peterson, it was the preseason opener this year in which it really felt like Swearinger – loud and brash – was back. Specifically, it was Swearinger’s raucous pep talk before the game.

“It was out of control, and we had to pray right after (it was over),” Peterson said with a smile. “I was like, ‘Whoa, how do we pray after this one?’ ”

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/back-with-cardinals-d-j-swearinger-has-something-to-say

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With the O line in front of him he's gonna need to be faster than that.
I don't care what offense KK runs. As a football coach (youth) I KNOW 100% that if you have no O line or a real bad O line you can't do ANYTHING on offense a decent D coordinator can't figure out.
I'm telling you if the line is as bad as it appears I'd sit K1 after game 2 for the season....I'm not going to get him killed because our GM failed to get any O lineman.
It won't be a popular decision to toss the season and your GM under the bus, but it's better than having your #1 get injured and/or develop bad habits.

The Rams, Seattle and 9ers have solid to elite D lines....While I'm hoping for + play, I am NOT expecting anything other than a top 3 pick again.
Remember when RG3 got his knee tore up....he was NEVER the same player....K1 is not worth risking behind that O line.
It'd be like mailing a $100,000 guitar with no case in a cardboard box and hoping it won't get damaged on the way....if you actually think it's gonna get there unharmed you're as foolish as Keim is putting that O line in front of K1.
Same could have been said for Rosen last year as well.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss (@joshweinfuss)
8/21/19, 12:31 PM
Quite a few Cardinals not on the field during the open portion of practice today: CBs Tramaine Brock, Brandon WIlliams and Deatrick Nichols; DB Josh Shaw; S Jalen Thompson and Rudy Ford; CB Nate Brooks; DL Sterling Bailey; OLs Max Garcia and D.J. Humphries; LB Cameron Malveaux.
Note the high percentage of DB's in this group.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wonder when butler’s hand injury occurred.
Probably while landing making a one handed catch, the one not with the ball lol. Way I understand it, he makes the one handed catches & drops more of the catches using both hands. Maybe he should run routes with one hand tied behind his back lol?

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Now? Was it not then? lol
I'm excited about the speed Isabella brings to the team & looking forward to him making plays. That being said, he's got big shoes to fill there. JB gave us everything he had until he was diagnosed with the illness, put up big numbers. We can only hope Isabella does the same?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm excited about the speed Isabella brings to the team & looking forward to him making plays. That being said, he's got big shoes to fill there. JB gave us everything he had until he was diagnosed with the illness, put up big numbers. We can only hope Isabella does the same?
What we need to know is the unique skill-set each new WR brings to the offense.

What I see in Isabella is a unique combination of mobility, hands and pure speed which makes him especially dangerous when he catches short passes in space and turns them into long TD's.

JB relied less on mobility and more on pure speed coupled with Arians' play-calling/design.

Big remaining issue - who do we have to replace Butler in 50-50 toss-up situations competing for the ball?

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
scott bordow (@sbordow)
8/22/19, 11:52 AM
Cardinals have traded DB Rudy Ford to Philadelphia for DL Bruce Hector. Hector played in eight games with the Eagles last season and had three tackles and a half sack. 2018 undrafted free agent.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki (@mikejurecki)
8/22/19, 11:52 AM
Hector (6-2, 296) played in eight games with the Eagles last season and had three tackles and a half sack. The 24-year old Hector originally entered the league with the Eagles in 2018 as an undrafted rookie free agent from South Florida.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What we need to know is the unique skill-set each new WR brings to the offense.

What I see in Isabella is a unique combination of mobility, hands and pure speed which makes him especially dangerous when he catches short passes in space and turns them into long TD's.

JB relied less on mobility and more on pure speed coupled with Arians' play-calling/design.

Big remaining issue - who do we have to replace Butler in 50-50 toss-up situations competing for the ball?
Probably KJ? I was gonna say RSJ could be a possibility, for corner of the end zone jump balls, but after he missed that catch in the corner of the end zone against the Raiders..............? Geez, cracked me up that the announcers said the defender made a good play, ball hit him right in the chest & he missed it lol. Had he caught that, we would've won the game on the late TD pass to Wilson. I know it's only preseason but I'm greedy & wanna win them all. Even if Butler comes back this season, he hasn't done anything good in games yet, he is way behind. Guess he could just run to the corner & jump for it if we need that? I agree with everything you said about Isabella, I'm excited about his potential.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let the dude with pencil in his beard game plan for everything under the sky for week 1. Kliff should have a change of heart like Frank Reich and sit most of his starters for 3rd preseason game.