Tips for Cardinals Home Games

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I tried finding a thread similar but nothing newer came up. A few questions if you guys could help me out. I am coming from Edmonton to the Thursday night game on October 31st.

I see ticketing rules etc have changed. Any one have any advice on best way to get decent tickets that aren't going to cost an arm and a leg? Just watch the Ticketmaster resale site?

Also we would be coming from Scottsdale.. Is there any type of transit or bus you would recommend? Or just Uber there? Ideally wanted to be there about 2.5 hours early or so to take it all in!

Any other advice anyone recommends?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
uber would be very expensive from scottsdale, its on the other side of the entire valley. Not much of a transit system though. Maybe rent a car? There is an app called Turo where you can rent cars from other people like airbnb does for peoples houses.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uber to the stadium is going to cost you $40 - $50 each way. It's really far from the stadium and it will take you probably an hour and a half to get there for a weekday game.

Your best bet is to plan on leaving Scottsdale at about 2 PM to give you time for the game.

With the digital tickets ticketmaster is your only option. I expect the tickets to be super cheap though because it's Halloween and a Thursday game. Stadium is going to be empty.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uber to the stadium is going to cost you $40 - $50 each way. It's really far from the stadium and it will take you probably an hour and a half to get there for a weekday game.

Your best bet is to plan on leaving Scottsdale at about 2 PM to give you time for the game.

With the digital tickets ticketmaster is your only option. I expect the tickets to be super cheap though because it's Halloween and a Thursday game. Stadium is going to be empty.

First real Halloween game in years. We usually go to our friends' house in Gilbert and help them pass out candy. Nice little tradition. Going to miss that this year. We'll be at the game (after we leave work and fight the traffic on a weekday to get there...Meh) ;)

I think that's our fourth Thursday game this season. Three in the preseason and Halloween. :|

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I tried finding a thread similar but nothing newer came up. A few questions if you guys could help me out. I am coming from Edmonton to the Thursday night game on October 31st.

I see ticketing rules etc have changed. Any one have any advice on best way to get decent tickets that aren't going to cost an arm and a leg? Just watch the Ticketmaster resale site?

Also we would be coming from Scottsdale.. Is there any type of transit or bus you would recommend? Or just Uber there? Ideally wanted to be there about 2.5 hours early or so to take it all in!

Unfortunately, getting a safe, sober ride out there is almost an impossibility. In the past, to be a little safer, I've taken the light rail to be picked up by an Uber. Or, I've gotten a ride from a friend or ASFNer. But you might just have to eat the money to be safe. Driving out is a bad idea, assuming you're really going to take in the atmosphere and party it up a little.

They really should have a shuttle or bus that goes out there.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hey guys,

How many tickets do you need?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First real Halloween game in years. We usually go to our friends' house in Gilbert and help them pass out candy. Nice little tradition. Going to miss that this year. We'll be at the game (after we leave work and fight the traffic on a weekday to get there...Meh) ;)

I think that's our fourth Thursday game this season. Three in the preseason and Halloween. :|

I am really irritated by it. I will have to watch the game after the kids stop coming on tape delay

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am really irritated by it. I will have to watch the game after the kids stop coming on tape delay
Me too. Love giving out candy & scaring the kids a little but I'd rather be watching the Cardinals. I will DVR it. Same thing happened a few yrs with my Kentucky football team, played on halloween & had to DVR the game.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I would but my buddy who had the van no longer has it. I'd like to help & it's possible we will have 2 vehicles going. Where in Scottsdale are you staying ?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’ll be an empty game. Stadium will only be 1/2 full being its Halloween and Thursday
Renting a car would be cheaper than uber
See if you can share a ride with someone on this board
Mass transit in Phoenix sucks....for a major city they have no systems in place that they should have.
I remember 22 years ago I was in college and the city voted no on a top
Rail system that would run all of the freeways and I could not believe the dummies of the town voted no...you could take a bus and get there, but you should hop on now to get there in time
Moving from AZ to CA was one of the smartest things I ever did...‘right to work’ state is just a way of saying YOU will NEVER get ahead

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
I would but my buddy who had the van no longer has it. I'd like to help & it's possible we will have 2 vehicles going. Where in Scottsdale are you staying ?

Haven't booked a hotel yet. So no pubs offer buses or anything then? Just surprising to me! Even in Edmonton to a CFL game you can catch a ride from about a million different places.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I leave for the games from Mesa insanely early to get there before the gates open so that may be too early for you. I can give you a ride back if need be & you are welcome to join our tailgate on the lawn, we have Canadians (Tar Sanders I call them) stop by all the time. As far as tickets go I'd say there is no rush the NFL ticket exchange will have plenty and usually get cheaper closer to game day.

Last edited: