ASU Football 2019

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And more....
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...llege-football-true-freshman-all-america-team

Here's hoping Daniels can live up to the hype. We have had some excellent quarterbacks at ASU over the years, Danny White, Dennis Sproul, Mark Malone, Jake the Snake to name a few. https://www.ranker.com/list/best-arizona-state-sun-devils-quarterbacks/ranker-college-football

Have we had one before that has had this much hype before taking a snap as a freshman?

While the hype may be overblown, I would prefer hype vs nothing.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While the hype may be overblown, I would prefer hype vs nothing.

Agreed, I am just wondering, is this level of hype unprecedented for an incoming freshman ASU QB? I think it may be.
If he ends up being better than the QB's I have listed, that would be pretty awesome.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
And more....
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...llege-football-true-freshman-all-america-team

Here's hoping Daniels can live up to the hype. We have had some excellent quarterbacks at ASU over the years, Danny White, Dennis Sproul, Mark Malone, Jake the Snake to name a few. https://www.ranker.com/list/best-arizona-state-sun-devils-quarterbacks/ranker-college-football

Have we had one before that has had this much hype before taking a snap as a freshman?

To keep the expectation level real.. the Devils only received 3 votes to be placed inside the pre-season Top 25. Now, they could very well shock the world, Daniels might go onto produce a stellar freshman campaign... But, again, just keeping it real - I would guess that the top-end for this team would be at best 8 wins.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To keep the expectation level real.. the Devils only received 3 votes to be placed inside the pre-season Top 25. Now, they could very well shock the world, Daniels might go onto produce a stellar freshman campaign... But, again, just keeping it real - I would guess that the top-end for this team would be at best 8 wins.

Sounds about right. I expect Daniels will have a lot of bumps in the road and learning to do his freshman year. The following years will be the ones to look out for.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

With a freshman QB, I would agree. 8 wins may be the top of the mountain. I have seen some 5 win predictions. I never expected to start this season in the top 25.

Reaction score
Agreed, I am just wondering, is this level of hype unprecedented for an incoming freshman ASU QB? I think it may be.
If he ends up being better than the QB's I have listed, that would be pretty awesome.
The question answers itself, don't you think?

Daniels is the first true freshman to begin the season as the starting QB for ASU. As I recall, only one other QB at ASU ever started a game as a true freshman, Rudy Carpenter, and that occurred late in the season.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One will until football is back can't wait.

I think 8 wind is doable, with Eno carrying the lion's share of the offense while Harden learns. Excited to see Herm bring TEs back into the picture, that should help the freshman's learning curve some

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It was different back then so Mark Malone didn't start right away but, pre-college, I would say he was easily the most touted incoming QB prospect ASU has ever had.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The question answers itself, don't you think?

Daniels is the first true freshman to begin the season as the starting QB for ASU. As I recall, only one other QB at ASU ever started a game as a true freshman, Rudy Carpenter, and that occurred late in the season.

Didn’t Koetter butcher that situation too? I forgot the specifics of it but apparently Rudy’s dad was being a huge ass to him.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Herm getting some midseason recognition:

Best coach: Arizona State’s Herm Edwards

Edwards continues to make critics of his hiring (the Hotline included) look silly with his steady hand and smart style of play. The Sun Devils are 5-1 and in the South race with flawed lines and a rookie quarterback.

Whatever Edwards and the staff are teaching in practice, it works: The Sun Devils have just 13 turnovers in the 19 games under Edwards. They do a better job of not beating themselves than any team in the Pac-12.

Also considered: Nobody.

Oregon and Utah are performing as expected, Cal got derailed by a quarterback injury, Stanford had too many bad early losses, Oregon State isn’t quite at recovery level, Colorado and Washington State have faded, Washington hasn’t played above its talent level, USC has three losses, Arizona just got run off the field and UCLA should be shipped off to the Mountain West.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/10...nes-and-not-one-but-two-all-conference-teams/

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Anybody see SNL last night?
Feel free to contribute.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk