The Kyler Murray revolution has arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one has had a finer 12 passing yards—ever. Extremely strong.

Preseason doesn’t matter unless my guy does well, then it’s dispositive.

I hope this stops the HOF train rolling a little bit. I certainly hope Murray's gonna be a star and the first couple games of pre-season aren't really gonna say squat for me, but those who saw evidence of GREATNESS last week... in one drive, where he put up 44 yards and didn't even score... were pretty ridiculous.

edit: man... that's a poorly worded sentence up there. my own sentence. that's another. it's late.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LOL at threads like this after preseason games. Amazing. How did the Arizona Cardinals do in the 2018 preseason? Might want to look that up.

Kyler wasn't great tonight. The refs weren't either nor was the line, but I will wait to be pissed when the games matter.

Oh and shame on all you guys that were excited last week. That's such a weird thing I guess to be excited watching your team play. So even when Kyler does good things, stay silent because, well for whatever reason. :rockon:

Last edited:

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
LOL at threads like this after preseason games. Amazing. How did the Arizona Cardinals do in the 2018 preseason? Might want to look that up.

Kyler wasn't great tonight. The refs weren't either not was the line, but I will wait to be pissed when the games matter.

Oh and shame on all you guys that were excited last week. That's such a weird thing I guess to be excited watching your team play. So even when Kyler does good things, stay silent because, well for whatever reason. :rockon:

No one even responded to his amazing thread, so after about an hour, he responded to himself to bump the thread up.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No one has had a finer 12 passing yards—ever. Extremely strong.

Preseason doesn’t matter unless my guy does well, then it’s dispositive.
It was a horrible performance, no denying that. Murray said during an in game interview that the offense they ran was nothing like the one they run in practice & will run when the games count, not his exact words but in the ball park. Said everything was just base stuff. Basic plays with bad OL play, penalties & miscommunication will look like that, especially with blitzers coming off the edge. If those 2 longer pass attempts were completions, instead of penalties, the drives would've looked a little better. I'm not going to lose my optimism after one bad preseason game. When the real season starts, that's when I'll know whether to continue the optimism or become pessimistic.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gotta admire you bumping this thread an hour later since everyone looked past it the first time.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It was a horrible performance, no denying that. Murray said during an in game interview that the offense they ran was nothing like the one they run in practice & will run when the games count, not his exact words but in the ball park. Said everything was just base stuff. Basic plays with bad OL play, penalties & miscommunication will look like that, especially with blitzers coming off the edge. If those 2 longer pass attempts were completions, instead of penalties, the drives would've looked a little better. I'm not going to lose my optimism after one bad preseason game. When the real season starts, that's when I'll know whether to continue the optimism or become pessimistic.

So he couldn’t execute the basics, but when things get real complicated he’ll definitely be good?

Got it.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It was a reality check and proof that Murray does not, in fact, walk on water. The performance does raise a few thoughts:

1. He says this was the base offense and it probably is. If this is how they execute the very base parts of their offense, what will happen when they get to the more complicated stuff?

2. Base or not, the OL was bad. We can talk about vanilla preseason football but the OL looked like one giant QB killing turnstile.

3. In typical coaching paranoia, Klifford the Big Red Koach is missing a valuable opportunity in live action against a professional defense to work his true offense. I am not saying roll out the entire thing but this is wasted opportunity.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Mike Glennon and Nate Peterman looked like pro bowl QB's against our defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose