Suns 2019-20 Schedule

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The 2019-20 Suns schedule has leaked onto social media. Here is a look at it.

The opener will be against Sacramento at home on October 23rd. They have 1 national tv game on November 21st against New Orleans that will take place in Phoenix. The Suns will also play in Mexico City on December 14th vs San Antonio.

They'll play 7 playoff teams in their first 12 games but one of the non-playoff teams is the Lakers, and they aren't your typical lottery team since they have Lebron and added Anthony Davis. After the opener against the Kings they'll play in Denver, back home for the Clippers and Jazz. Away against the Warriors and then onto Memphis before coming back for a 6 game home-stand against Philadelphia, Miami, Brooklyn, the Lakers, Hawks, and Celtics.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here’s the tweet where I found this. The user is one of the hosts of The Timeline podcast and is pretty reliable, I don't believe he'd be tweeting it out unless he believed it was credible.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a story at the link below as well.

When the Suns open with the Kings, this will be the the ninth consecutive season the Suns have opened their season at home.

With Sacramento now heading to Talking Stick Resort Arena for their opener, did you know this will be the ninth consecutive season beginning at home? If you were curious about who, here it is in chronological order: New Orleans, Golden State, Portland, Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas, Sacramento, Portland, Dallas, and now Sacramento.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I saw the schedule last night I was so happy to see some Suns news that I could post here. August is rough for us NBA fans. At least now I can overanalyze the schedule for a couple of days. I really think we have a good chance at getting off to a good start with so many early home games. Hopefully fans show up and give them a real "home court" feel.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I saw the schedule last night I was so happy to see some Suns news that I could post here. August is rough for us NBA fans. At least now I can overanalyze the schedule for a couple of days. I really think we have a good chance at getting off to a good start with so many early home games. Hopefully fans show up and give them a real "home court" feel.

I'm with you. I'm desperate for Suns news.

The Suns have an early beneficial home schedule but the other side of the coin is if they don't gel early it's going to be tougher to come together when they play a lot of road games. Let's hope they come out of the chute early with some wins.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Are you guys NBA/Suns only fans like me? It's a tough stretch right now.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm a NFL fan but my team isn't local so I don't get into it quite as much as I'd like. The NBA makes up probably 85-90% of my fandom.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like collegiate sports, but the NBA is by far and away my favorite professional sport. Yup tough time of year until labor day when college football comes back.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Trying to get to Philly & MSG This year. Or just MSG and DC. Not sure yet.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Looks like I’m doing a road trip from L.A. to Florida in late November so I’m going to try to catch the game against Dallas the day after Thanksgiving.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Looks like I’m doing a road trip from L.A. to Florida in late November so I’m going to try to catch the game against Dallas the day after Thanksgiving.
The I-10 from L.A. to Jacksonville? The "Southern route". Have a great drive!

Be sure to grab a muffuletta or a crawfish dish in New Orleans.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

Baseball was my first love at age 11. You never forget your first love. :)

In fact, I have a long distance soulmate relationship now with the girl
who captured my heart when I was 18 and she was 16. But I was
away at college for four years and I couldn't ask her to wait.

D-backs - 40%
Suns - 30% (it might be higher if they earned it)
Mercury - 30%

And I hope that the other Valley teams do well for the sake of my community.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like the leak was correct. The schedule has been released officially now.

To head off any possible question about the game that is green, that is taking place in Mexico City. Orange is home and purple is away.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns and Thunder are tied for the toughest schedule per Las Vegas odds.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AZCentral's Duane Rankin wrote up a good piece breaking down the Suns schedule, highlighting matchups against former players like TJ, JJ, Holmes, and even bench guys like Troy Daniels and Bender. He also has good write ups on the toughest stretches, longest home stand, longest road trip, and more. Worth checking out.

I did notice one error he made when discussing our toughest stretch. He said that only the Kings missed the playoffs last year, of the teams we play in that stretch, but the Lakers are also included in that stretch but since they have Lebron and Anthony Davis, I can understand why they're included as a tough matchup and forgetting they missed the postseason last year is an easy mistake to make.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...regular-season-schedule-breakdown/1984228001/

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are lining up the pins for the Suns aren't they?!?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two reasons for this.

1. The Suns are in the Western Conference.
2. The Suns don't get to play the Suns.

Yeah. I would guess that for a while now the projected best East team has had the "easiest" schedule before the season and the bottom teams in the West have had the hardest.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I found this interesting. I don't know if anyone has seen any data from previous seasons as to where the Suns ranked but they're number 2 in miles traveled this next season. I think losing a home game to Mexico City plays some part in that but I don't see that moving them more than a spot or two.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I found this interesting. I don't know if anyone has seen any data from previous seasons as to where the Suns ranked but they're number 2 in miles traveled this next season. I think losing a home game to Mexico City plays some part in that but I don't see that moving them more than a spot or two.

Makes sense. It's geography, the less teams there are right next to you, the more you'll travel.

What confuses me is Boston's place. They must have gotten screwed with multiple short West Coast trips.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns only have one nationally televised game on TNT and it's against Zion and the Pelicans.