Digital tickets in -Scalpers out

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Meh. Choose a team and support it 100%. Fake Cards' fan if you show up in red each week "except when your REAL team is there."
I have a hard time with that. I was born in San Diego, and for most of my life Arizona did not have a football team. So my house was a Charger house. I actually went to games since Yuma was halfway between Phoenix and San Diego. Then AZ finally got a team, but Bill Bidwill did his best to make football unwatchable in AZ. I had kids who grew up in a Chargers household, so to this day, they watch and follow the Chargers. I am probably the only one in my family that follows the Cards closely. Any time the Cards played the Chargers, that was the Yuma Super Bowl, again since both teams were equally close to Yuma at the time. We would actually have Yuma Super Bowls when the Chargers and Cards played.

It's funny because the Suns and Clippers are the opposite. AZ had a basketball team way before San Diego. So our household are big time Suns fans. We never did go to Clipper games. We were such big Suns fans we just came up to Phoenix when we wanted to see basketball games.

It's funny, if we do go to a Cards/Chargers game here in Phoenix, we just wear regular clothes. No football jerseys. We kind of feel AZ is the home team, so we should not diss them by wearing Charger gear. We go nuetral in those games.

Last edited:

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
It's funny because the Suns and Clippers are the opposite. AZ had a basketball team way before San Diego. So our household are big time Suns fans. We never did go to Clipper games. We were such big Suns fans we just came up to Phoenix when we wanted to see basketball games.

Minor correction: The San Diego Rockets came into the NBA for the 1967-1968 season, with the Suns coming in the next season - 1968-1969. Of course, the Rockets moved to Houston for 1971-1972.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Minor correction: The San Diego Rockets came into the NBA for the 1967-1968 season, with the Suns coming in the next season - 1968-1969. Of course, the Rockets moved to Houston for 1971-1972.
Wrong!

The franchise was founded in 1970 as the Buffalo Braves, and were one of three expansion teams to join the NBA for the upcoming season. The Braves saw some playoff success, led by league Most Valuable Player (MVP) Bob McAdoo, but conflicts with Canisius Golden Griffins over the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium led to the team relocating from Buffalo, New York, to San Diego, California, in 1978, becoming known as the San Diego Clippers. In 1984, The Clippers moved to Los Angeles.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Wrong!

The franchise was founded in 1970 as the Buffalo Braves, and were one of three expansion teams to join the NBA for the upcoming season. The Braves saw some playoff success, led by league Most Valuable Player (MVP) Bob McAdoo, but conflicts with Canisius Golden Griffins over the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium led to the team relocating from Buffalo, New York, to San Diego, California, in 1978, becoming known as the San Diego Clippers. In 1984, The Clippers moved to Los Angeles.

I don't understand this. San Diego had a team before Phoenix did (by only one season though).

You don't need to lecture me on franchise histories...I run a whole site dedicated to this kind of stuff. (I've got an extensive relational database of franchise histories.)

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrong!

The Rockets were in SD before moving to Houston. The Braves relocated to SD. Two totally different franchises.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ticket prices are pretty high online right now. Really wish I could just do my normal thing and go buy from a scalper outside of the stadium. Trying to pick me up some good deals on lions seats. Might pick up 4 ROH tickets for 80 a pop

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Looking forward to the game, but wouldn't go to any games in Sept if I got a ticket for free.
1st off there isn't a chance in hell (phoenix) that I'd want to tailgate...it's way way way too hot

2nd tailgating to me is 1/2 the fun...to drive in and see the game just to leave wouldn't be worth the time spent in the car

Good luck to those going....I'm gonna watch ticket prices and prob go to a game in late Oct or early Nov when tailgating is at it's best....so long as they're not already out of the playoffs.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
ill be there. couldnt care less if I tailgate or not.

Tailgating is for college football. I have gotten in near scrapes with multiple people over the years at NFL tailgating events. Never once have I had an issue at a college game

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Tailgating is for college football. I have gotten in near scrapes with multiple people over the years at NFL tailgating events. Never once have I had an issue at a college game

That’s funny I’ve had the exact opposite experience. But New England fans are aholes so that could be why too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have friends who tailgate the lawn and bake lots of good food but, it'll probably be stupid hot so I'll just head on in

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose