Scarlett Johansson says she should be allowed to play 'any person, or any tree, or any animal'

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found that too, lots of articles of her denying it though.

In response to the allegations, the actress - a Time's Up activist and outspoken feminist - told The Hollywood Reporter: "The very idea of any person auditioning to be in a relationship is so demeaning. I refuse for anyone to spread the idea that I lack the integrity to choose my own relationships. Only a man, aka Brendan Tighe, would come up with a crazy story like that."

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/ce...s-audition-girlfriend-tom-cruise-scientology/

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it’s going to devolve into that crap then forget it.

i was just trying to figure out why you were so vociferously against this thread. there wasn't any ill intent nor even slamming of Scientology.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're the only one that brought up Scientology for some weird reason.

just was trying to figure out why you were the only one who was so offended by this thread. again, there wasn't ill-intent. but it's not like I was alone as far as people thinking your reaction to the thread was a little... well... weird. i was just asking if there was something else behind it.

and just for the record... someone else PM'd me said they wondered the same thing when they saw your reaction to the thread.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Chaplin I apologize for bringing Scientology into the conversation. I should have just asked why this thread bugged you so much instead of assuming it might have had something to do with the former.

My bad dude.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
@Chaplin I apologize for bringing Scientology into the conversation. I should have just asked why this thread bugged you so much instead of assuming it might have had something to do with the former.

My bad dude.

Water under the bridge man. I'm not overly concerned by the content of the thread, I was more questioning the purpose of having a thread for it at all. It just doesn't seem to be that big of a deal to me.

Maybe it's because I was on the Politics board, which is pretty much nothing but threads about the bad things happening in our world... this just seemed... insignificant. :shrug:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Maybe it's because I was on the Politics board, which is pretty much nothing but threads about the bad things happening in our world... this just seemed... insignificant. :shrug:
I totally get this. I get easily frustrated with people complaining of everyday mundane things that most people complain of after reading the politics board and filling my global outrage bin.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am late to the party but other than playing a historical figure I would say she is right. Although, that is sort of out the door with Hamilton the play. One of the best Broadway plays I have ever seen. It was fantastic. In that case I think of it more as a re-imagining then a documentary take on those characters and I didn't have a problem with it for a micro-second.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you just create the title of the podcast?

The Cheese-Chap Magic Hour

Um, no. No you didn't.

DISCLAIMER: If the Cheese-Chap lasts more than an hour, go to your nearest accident and emergency department. If you don't get treatment right away, it could lead to scarring and permanent cheese-chapping.

Reaction score
The Chap & Cheese Show reminds me of this since you both would be discussing Hollywood. :)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose