P2 wants to be a cardinal for life.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Correction, he has yet to shown he is on his downside yet, you are simply using a generic measuring stick for approaching thirty. Some guys do not start digressing till their mid thirties. Granted that is a few but then again there are only a few which are talented like Peterson :)

Odds are on my side.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some of you may recall the day A. Williams took off...and the immediate drop off at the CB position.
Teams simply picked a WR or the weak corner and they marched down the field at will....ala Justin Bethal.
For the past years PP has locked down the other teams #1 WR game in and game out...and to see some people (not smart) thinking the Cards can walk away from PP and replace him like they're replacing Logan Thomas shows the ignorance of some.
PP is an amazing CB...and the second the Cardinals say his's available 31 other teams will be on the phone.
Anyone and I mean anyone on this board knocking PP's ability and what he's done at the CB position and his next 4 year potential is clueless about football.
If the Cards can get a discount by extending him now for 2-3 years....you do it.
Re: PP upset and wanting to be traded....how in the world could you blame him? He is/was an all pro All NFL 1st team CB on the worst team in the NFL year after year....he wants to play in playoff games....be in competitive games and the Cardinals simply were not even competitive no matter what he did.
Shoot last year Wilks had PP locked in on one side having to take down RB's play after play...AND HE GOT DOWN AND DIRTY....he tackled hard and his jerseys were jacked up at half time....and he never stopped.....go rewatch the Rams game in LA....he played every play like it was playoff football even when the Cards were down by 2,000 points....he fought to get a INT in the 4th...even after being on the field for 85% of the game due to the offense being unable to get 1 first down in the game.
Dude has been incredible
Anyone talking junk about PP isn't football smart...simply an over emotional fan who doesn't know X's and O's.

Thank you for educating us.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
So has just about every single elite CB to ever play in the NFL
True, but after being spoiled by guys over the years like Aeneas Williams, Fitz, A-Dub, etc. I guess I expect a bit more from guys that are given leadership roles. He's come across as a spoiled brat who doesn't handle adversity well. He's been one of my favorites for years, I even have his jersey, but the "snakes in the grass" BS was the last straw that turned me off from him completely. I can't defend this crap anymore

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Some of you may recall the day A. Williams took off...and the immediate drop off at the CB position.
Teams simply picked a WR or the weak corner and they marched down the field at will....ala Justin Bethal.
For the past years PP has locked down the other teams #1 WR game in and game out...and to see some people (not smart) thinking the Cards can walk away from PP and replace him like they're replacing Logan Thomas shows the ignorance of some.
PP is an amazing CB...and the second the Cardinals say his's available 31 other teams will be on the phone.
Anyone and I mean anyone on this board knocking PP's ability and what he's done at the CB position and his next 4 year potential is clueless about football.
If the Cards can get a discount by extending him now for 2-3 years....you do it.
Re: PP upset and wanting to be traded....how in the world could you blame him? He is/was an all pro All NFL 1st team CB on the worst team in the NFL year after year....he wants to play in playoff games....be in competitive games and the Cardinals simply were not even competitive no matter what he did.
Shoot last year Wilks had PP locked in on one side having to take down RB's play after play...AND HE GOT DOWN AND DIRTY....he tackled hard and his jerseys were jacked up at half time....and he never stopped.....go rewatch the Rams game in LA....he played every play like it was playoff football even when the Cards were down by 2,000 points....he fought to get a INT in the 4th...even after being on the field for 85% of the game due to the offense being unable to get 1 first down in the game.
Dude has been incredible
Anyone talking junk about PP isn't football smart...simply an over emotional fan who doesn't know X's and O's.

I rarely see eye to eye with you, but I have to give credit where credit is due. This guy is one of the most talented Cardinals to ever play in Arizona. Character-wise, there's a misstep or two, but really minimally. He's also a leader on the team.

Considering we haven't had a successful draft pick outside of Budda Baker since 2015, let's pay one of the few we have left.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dude has been incredible
Bird in hand my friend.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Again with the “let’s trade (insert one of our best players here)” narrative. It can take years to find these sort of players.

Our defence can really be our strongest point until the O catches up which could be a few years. Let’s not get rid of key pieces to possible success

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
he wants to be a Card for life........until he doesnt

appreciate the sentiment P2

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I look at him as an elite talent in the mode of Aeneas Williams, Deon Sanders and Darrell Green... so the odds are in my favor lol
Strongly reinforces the position that the major issue concerning any player is "How will he perform for us from this day forward?"

Stuff like past performance, injuries, stats, public statements etc. - while contributing to a player's future play - should not override the bigger issue of "Can the dude help us tomorrow and the next day more than some other dude can?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Strongly reinforces the position that the major issue concerning any player is "How will he perform for us from this day forward?"

Stuff like past performance, injuries, stats, public statements etc. - while contributing to a player's future play - should not override the bigger issue of "Can the dude help us tomorrow and the next day more than some other dude can?
How does the old saying go? "Winning solves everything". If ARZ goes from worst to first, Keim & Kingsbury will be gods around here.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wants to be traded, wants to be a Card for life, wants to be a responsible leader, gets suspended.....words are cheap.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One year removed can make a big difference.

I'm confused though, wasn't he pumping up Wilks to return again!?
he was talking about how amazing wilks was at this time last year and then tried to be traded mid season, called managements snakes in the grass after the season and more. Now we are back to this time of year and he wants to be here forever and hes talking up the coaches again.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone that believes one word coming out of his mouth is a sucker...
I think what PP21 really means is that if the Cardinals are on the same level as the 2015 Cards or better when his current contract is over, then he is willing to sign a massive contract to stay here in AZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
he was talking about how amazing wilks was at this time last year and then tried to be traded mid season, called managements snakes in the grass after the season and more. Now we are back to this time of year and he wants to be here forever and hes talking up the coaches again.
He was supporting Wilkes AFTER last season ended even. Made 0 sense.

Snakes was from former teammates who the FO moved on from, telling him to be wary of the org.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was supporting Wilkes AFTER last season ended even. Made 0 sense.

Snakes was from former teammates who the FO moved on from, telling him to be wary of the org.
They replied to his message. His messages was about snakes in the grass.

Either way. it doesnt matter. He wants to be here for life if things are great always. Its who he is.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I listened to that entire interview. Only a small portion of it dealt with his trade request from last year. Defensively, he threw the previous staff under the bus, saying they were playing a 4-3 with 3-4 talent. Gushed about Vance Joseph & said "the defense is back". They also asked about KM & Peterson said he was "special" & drafting him was an absolute must. He didn't go into details, & never mentioned Rosen by name, but said our QB last year wasn't able to run the system that our OC wanted. They asked him if KM being short would matter. PP21 said he had yet to see a pass get batted down in the OTA's. You could tell that Patrick was excited about KM.
Sounds good to me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA