Do you think Arians was more at fault for the last few drafts than Keim?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Age and criminal neglect of the most important position in football. And criminal neglect of the offensive line.

For whatever reason, the Cardinals have been one of the worst teams in the NFL at IDing OL talent over the past three plus decades.

You would think a blind squirrel would find a nut, but this blind squirrel must also be lame as well.

The Cardinals havent found QBs because they havent tried enough. Look at how few QBs they have drafted in the 1st round.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
For whatever reason, the Cardinals have been one of the worst teams in the NFL at IDing OL talent over the past three plus decades.

You would think a blind squirrel would find a nut, but this blind squirrel must also be lame as well.

The Cardinals havent found QBs because they havent tried enough. Look at how few QBs they have drafted in the 1st round.

You must be registered for see images attach

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Agreed. My special needs son could pick O-Linemen names out of a hat & had more success than what the Cardinals have seen in the last 30 years.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's a hot take that I'm not sure it's TRUE, but it just might be:

Rod Graves wasnt bad drafting, but was horrible picking coaches. He was/is better than Keim, who lucked into IDing a really good coach.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Rod Graves wasnt bad drafting, but was horrible picking coaches. He was/is better than Keim, who lucked into IDing a really good coach.
How successful a draft is a function of more than "good draft"/"bad draft." Draft success may live or die on a whole array of different approaches - some good/some bad/others in between. Add to this certain front office biases and you might find one GM de-emphazising the OL but killing it when they draft outside pass rushers. Or another FO lights-out at findiing DB talent but awful at drafting QB's. And all of this can change over a period of years.

I'll concede that one common denominator during Graves' tenure was lack of attention devoted to the OL and a Keim bias appeared to favor sleepers from E Pa area small schools. But I respecttfully disagree that, say, Coach Mac, Wiz and BA were brutal coaching hires

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
How successful a draft is a function of more than "good draft"/"bad draft." Draft success may live or die on a whole array of different approaches - some good/some bad/others in between. Add to this certain front office biases and you might find one GM de-emphazising the OL but killing it when they draft outside pass rushers. Or another FO lights-out at findiing DB talent but awful at drafting QB's. And all of this can change over a period of years.

I'll concede that one common denominator during Graves' tenure was lack of attention devoted to the OL and a Keim bias appeared to favor sleepers from E Pa area small schools. But I respecttfully disagree that, say, Coach Mac, Wiz and BA were brutal coaching hires

Coach Mac was a terrible coach.

Whisenhunt? That's tougher. Was good with a QB, was bad without elite QB play.

Arians was ok with bad QB play....which tells me hes a good coach.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Coach Mac was a terrible coach.

Whisenhunt? That's tougher. Was good with a QB, was bad without elite QB play.

Arians was ok with bad QB play....which tells me hes a good coach.[/

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gotta Disagree , 2014 season , we were at 9 and 1 when CP went down , finished at 2 and 4 with out CP , as for as I am concerned , not a validation of HC , but how good HC Arians was without CP should register with all of us . Back through the years , Anthony Munoz , reffered too by Dan Deirdorf as the Great One , at 6-6 --- 300 lb also played 3rd base for the the UCC BB team . Dion Sanders DB same report except he has a championship ring in BB - and - FB . Bo Jackson , I could go on with this , but why ? I believe that Kyler Murray has all the right stuff to make us a winner in 2019 ! I think that Coach Double K has found to execute his Lets Raid Them Lets Raid Them Offence Cain't Wait , bring on Detroit !!!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Go Cards, of course, but I feel like a jilted lover that is trying to be won back.

Since 2004 or so, it felt like we were really, really trying. Denny Green was a major change in the franchise, Whiz brought Super Bowl momentum, Arians was a sound hire... and then we go and get Wilks. I guess I get it, but that coaching search, along with the lack of QB, fell supremely flat on the hype level. I defended Wilks, but I wasn't extremely excited.

This offseason in following seems like a grand gesture from someone trying to get me back that fails to acknowledge why it failed in the first place. It's flashy, but lacks substance.

Here's hoping, but I'll need to be proven wrong.
Obviously after last seasons pain & misery, with the bad coaching hire, something had to be done lol. I don't wanna get into pissing matches with fellow Cardinals fans about what could & should be. I just wanna sit back on Sundays & watch our team win. I understand this board is for many things, pissing matches/debates included lol, but for right now, I just wanna see our team improve & give me hope. Last yr there was no hope, I want KM to light the league up, prove all the natl media that doubted him wrong & put us in games with a chance to win. I'm hoping for nothing less than 8-8 with a chance to win a few more? That may be a bit much to ask, but why not? The FO hired an attacking 3/4 DC, signed some much needed defensive players (still lack depth at ILB'er though) & signed some OL help, plus they drafted well on the offensive side of the ball. Can't wait for the season to start. I know there's injury concerns with some of the FA signings, but injuries can happen at any time to even healthy players. Let's also hope that we can stay remotely healthy? Go Cards.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He had a good draft but we won't really know for a few years. Until these guys prove themselves, this draft is not relevant to his failures on and off the field in previous years.
I understand, but the way he drafted this yr is better than screwing it up another yr. All he can do is try harder each & every yr without making the same mistakes as in the past. I think the WR's he drafted this yr are eventually gonna be special.

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
My predictions

Kyler- good
Byron- Great
Isabella-good
Allen-Alright
Butler- bust
Thompson- depth player
Keesean- depth player
Everyone else is a depth player