NFL just concluded a blacks only coaching summit in Atlanta Ga

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
https://theshadowleague.com/nfl-black-college-football-hof-hold-inaugural-qb-coaching-summit/

No other races allowed

What do you think?

Just find it strange in today’s day that no other races allowed to the summit.
It was a coaching clinic

Please note : I’m not racist nor posting anything racist. This is a story BY the NFL stating they did a coaching clinic that only allowed black coaches. You can research it and it is verifiable

Oh, okay then. If you say so.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
https://theshadowleague.com/nfl-black-college-football-hof-hold-inaugural-qb-coaching-summit/

No other races allowed

What do you think?

Just find it strange in today’s day that no other races allowed to the summit.
It was a coaching clinic

Please note : I’m not racist nor posting anything racist. This is a story BY the NFL stating they did a coaching clinic that only allowed black coaches. You can research it and it is verifiable

Tells me that something happened which prompted them to do so... waiting for the eventual reason to come out :grabs:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tells me that something happened which prompted them to do so... waiting for the eventual reason to come out :grabs:

It's likely a program to fixate on improving coaching ability, friendships and connections within minorities to give them a boost in the sector. Nothing to see here IMO. I dont care if there is an all white, all brown, all black or all purple summit.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im just waiting for the NFL to say Owners aren't allowed to refer to themselves as such anymore because its racist... LMAO
Adam Silver has been mentioned as an eventual replacement for Roger. :pullhair:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's likely a program to fixate on improving coaching ability, friendships and connections within minorities to give them a boost in the sector. Nothing to see here IMO. I dont care if there is an all white, all brown, all black or all purple summit.
Except if there was a white only coaching summit the meltdown over it would make Chernobyl look like a Sunday school picnic and everyone here knows it. Not that it would be allowed in a million years.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except if there was a white only coaching summit the meltdown over it would make Chernobyl look like a Sunday school picnic and everyone here knows it. Not that it would be allowed in a million years.
Sure.

But, why care about that anymore? I mean, I remember this argument about BET. But...it's been like 20+ years. It is what it is.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I looked for the telecast on BET Network.... Nothing :shrug:

Meanwhile, If we're all about racial balance in the league, I anxiously await the summit for caucasian only players.... obviously coming only after the Asian/Pacific Islanders... Non-white Hispanics and the mixed raced bunch have had their say.

NFL Demographics
At the start of the 2014 season, NFL surveys revealed that the league was approximately 68% African-American and about 28% white, with the remaining 4% comprising Asian/Pacific Islander, non-white Hispanics, and those preferring a Mixed Race category.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I looked for the telecast on BET Network.... Nothing :shrug:

Meanwhile, If we're all about racial balance in the league, I anxiously await the summit for caucasian only players.... obviously coming only after the Asian/Pacific Islanders... Non-white Hispanics and the mixed raced bunch have had their say.
Let me introduce you to the Manning passing academy:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Lots of non-racist people say things about the “mixed race bunch.”

OP
OP
ARZCardinals

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let me introduce you to the Manning passing academy:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Lots of non-racist people say things about the “mixed race bunch.”
Difference is anyone can sign up for the passing academy....
If they put Only for Caucasians on the site...now u got a story...
Bringing Peyton into this is classless....he’s been nothing but a stand up guy

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pretty interesting read, even though the author is biased a bit, basically about the perceived desire for more minority coaches on the offensive side of the ball, since most experienced coaches come from a defensive background and there is an emphasis on hiring an and offensive minded coaches.

But it actually states that some of the African American offensive coaches are successful, but are not well known to NFL GMs, and are not recruited for openings in the NFL.

“This book and these names will go back to Baltimore,” said (Ozzie) Newsome as he held up a program from the summit that included all of the attendees. “I didn’t know that it was this many African-Americans that were involved in coaching quarterbacks, and offensive coordinators on the college level. Now I do, and now I can act on it.”

And for those that didn't know, Ozzie Newsome is African American.

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
Honestly as a multi ethnic person I don’t think that a “black only” convention or whatever is acceptable like how people wouldn’t think that a “white only” convention would be acceptable

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Honestly as a multi ethnic person I don’t think that a “black only” convention or whatever is acceptable like how people wouldn’t think that a “white only” convention would be acceptable

Actually, I do not think it is 'black-only', I think that was misrepresented by the original poster. If you read the other articles, the panels are primarily African-American, but that is the intent, does not state anywhere participation is limited.

Reactions: Kai

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose