Do you think Arians was more at fault for the last few drafts than Keim?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think Keim's goals may have shifted, but I don't blame Arians necessarily. In the Arians years, we were looking at a strong roster with very few holes - we had very few positions open, and therefore taking a risk on a guy with amazing measurables was much more sensible than some guy with basic football fundamentals who was just going to end up being a backup. Not to mention, we had to focus on the few positions where a guy might see the field, since we didn't have the cap room to fill some of the holes we had.

In the past few years, we've been talent-less, and now everything is a hole. That makes it easier to just take whoever fell to your spot.

This may very well have been true so it makes me wonder why they didn't try to swing some trades that would have position them to select better prospects to fill holes that would have been happening down the road and keeping the roster filled with better players who would be ready to set in when the time was right. Draft less players but get better overall talent.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This may very well have been true so it makes me wonder why they didn't try to swing some trades that would have position them to select better prospects to fill holes that would have been happening down the road and keeping the roster filled with better players who would be ready to set in when the time was right. Draft less players but get better overall talent.
:shrug: I mean, in my opinion, we did that big time with Chandler Jones. The team still needed a good amount of young players for depth, since we were always right up against the cap. Can't have everything.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
:shrug: I mean, in my opinion, we did that big time with Chandler Jones. The team still needed a good amount of young players for depth, since we were always right up against the cap. Can't have everything.

I am not arguing against your position, I am just saying the team could have taken a better route instead of drafting high risk guys with amazing measurable they could have tried to position themselves by trading draft choices for either quality young vets or better skill players available in the draft.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I started watching football in 1964 (right after the Cardinals beat the Yankees in the WS). I was 6 years old at the time. In my heart of hearts, I agree 100% with what you're saying. Many on this board are non-committal towards Murray. And that's OK. Hell, most of my friends that have football savvy, are also non-committal about his chances in the NFL. Honestly, there has never been anyone that is quite like him before. He's almost a combination of Tarkenton (elusiveness, accuracy, field vision), Marino (quick, effortless release), Mahomes (multiple arm angles, baseball arm strength), and Wilson (uncanny ability to make something out of nothing).

No one has quite pinpointed some intangibles that I believe he possesses that will ultimately define just whether Murray ever gets to that "special" level. Everyone could/can see the "burn in the belly" that guys like Brady, Brees, Kelly, Elway, and Favre possessed. Then you had the cerebral & talented guys like P Manning, Unitas, Rodgers, Aikman, and Montana. I truly believe that Murray possesses both of these qualities above. He may not wear his emotions on his sleeve like Mayfield, but Lincoln Riley has said many times that Murray is every bit as intense as Mayfield is. Riley has also indicated that Murray is the most cerebral & prepared QB he has ever coached at any level. Time will tell.

Might as well just anoint him the new Jesus Christ.

At least put a strong IN MY OPINION before these kinds of posts. Good God almighty. About as realistic as when Mitch would post "Why don't we trade our equipment manager for Tom Brady and Bill Bellicheck" trade ideas.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

At least put a strong IN MY OPINION before these kinds of posts. Good God almighty. About as realistic as when Mitch would post "Why don't we trade our equipment manager for Tom Brady and Bill Bellicheck" trade ideas.

It is his opinion.

LOL why do you get so bent out of shape over stuff like that.

Kyler Murray is going to be the best Pope ever!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I am not arguing against your position, I am just saying the team could have taken a better route instead of drafting high risk guys with amazing measurable they could have tried to position themselves by trading draft choices for either quality young vets or better skill players available in the draft.

But studies done on the draft show it's better to draft MORE players at lower picks, since every pick is essentially a gamble and having more opportunities to pick means more chances for success.

You see Baltimore trade down. Seattle does it. New England does it. Those are three of the better drafting teams.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Fyi, there is only 1 Jesus Christ.

Stout

Reaction score
Fyi, there is only 1 Jesus Christ.

Yep, and KM ain't him. And only the late great JC would be talented enough to live up to what you already claim KM is.

It is his opinion.

LOL why do you get so bent out of shape over stuff like that.

Kyler Murray is going to be the best Pope ever!

Okay, 5/5 for the pope joke :)

Why? Because if anybody dares question KM's imminent HOF career, they get roasted, but calling KM a combination of a bunch of best evers before his first preseason is perfectly cool. Yeah, no. I have severe doubts about KM, and he sure in the hell ain't in the HOF yet. Instead of the KM lovers collectively going down on him, perhaps we should, you know, let him play first.

Look, I get it. We sucked, and people want to grasp at everything to hope we'll be better. I hope we're better too, that we can improve enough to make the playoffs and someday win the SB. Unfortunately, this is a place of extremes. If you dare question that we're going to be a transcendent offense under KK and KM, you're horrible. Call me horrible, then, because it's a 100 percent risk, and can easily blow up in our faces. I am not optimistic, but I'll hope I'm wrong.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh, and actually, no. He made a statement without qualifiers, flat out saying it is so.

Since he hasn't played a single game for the Cardinals, EVERYTHING said is an opinion. Just because I didn't add the IMO bs, doesn't mean squat. Look, if you don't like my optimism, then don't read what I write. You can go ahead & be a Debbie Downer. That's your choice. If we're 10 games into the season & Murray is completing 45% of his passes & thrown 20 interceptions & I'm still comparing him to great QB's, then you can complain or laugh at my posts. Until then, you only sound bitter. And at this stage in the season, as fans, there should only be room for optimism. Certainly not the anti-Murray pessimism that you spew.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BA wanted the 2 Temple alums & SK bowed down to him, that's what happened IMO. We could've made some trades & acquired Mahomes. I'm not sold on Prescott, I just don't think he's elite like some do. As a Kentucky fan, I watched him torch us time & again except for one game we won in Lexington on a 51 yd FG to end the game. Most of his damage he did against us at Miss St was running, not with his arm. I remember thinking when the Cowboys drafted him, "what, he's not a passing QB, what are they smoking"? He's about to get paid though, next season he's gonna get a huge payday, not sure he's worth all that but it's the going rate for starting QB's these days.
It's not all BA. SK has deep northeast PA roots also.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I would have to say that was one of the shortest, oddest retirements I’ve seen. Something was awry. It’s hard not to draw the conclusion that he was asked to retire for one reason or another.

This.

I think the Keim/Bidwill combo saw the flaws in BAs coaching style and told him they wanted to move on. I think Bidwill wanted to pick the next guy, and wanted less of a loose cannon type. That's why Keim was safe after last years fiasco, Bidwill took the blame for it.

But they were never even considering going back to BA once they knew they were moving on from Wilks because they know that BA has deep flaws.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
This.

I think the Keim/Bidwill combo saw the flaws in BAs coaching style and told him they wanted to move on. I think Bidwill wanted to pick the next guy, and wanted less of a loose cannon type. That's why Keim was safe after last years fiasco, Bidwill took the blame for it.

But they were never even considering going back to BA once they knew they were moving on from Wilks because they know that BA has deep flaws.
I liked BA but I don't see TB being in the Super Bowl under him

Stout

Reaction score
Since he hasn't played a single game for the Cardinals, EVERYTHING said is an opinion. Just because I didn't add the IMO bs, doesn't mean squat. Look, if you don't like my optimism, then don't read what I write. You can go ahead & be a Debbie Downer. That's your choice. If we're 10 games into the season & Murray is completing 45% of his passes & thrown 20 interceptions & I'm still comparing him to great QB's, then you can complain or laugh at my posts. Until then, you only sound bitter. And at this stage in the season, as fans, there should only be room for optimism. Certainly not the anti-Murray pessimism that you spew.

Not comparing KM to multiple HOFers isn't being a Debbie Downer, just like you don't have to compare him to multiple HOFers to be optimistic. I get that you like the pick and think he's going to be a great QB. Cool, enjoy reveling in that optimism. You're not just being optimistic, though; you have ALREADY made him the GOAT with your comments. Your comments equate him to being BETTER than Brady. And anyone that doesn't agree is made out to be a Debbie Downer. Any post that makes him out to be an amalgamation of all those HOFers deserves to to be brought down. The QB that you describe could walk on water, which is preposterous on every level. Sorry, not sorry.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not comparing KM to multiple HOFers isn't being a Debbie Downer, just like you don't have to compare him to multiple HOFers to be optimistic. I get that you like the pick and think he's going to be a great QB. Cool, enjoy reveling in that optimism. You're not just being optimistic, though; you have ALREADY made him the GOAT with your comments. Your comments equate him to being BETTER than Brady. And anyone that doesn't agree is made out to be a Debbie Downer. Any post that makes him out to be an amalgamation of all those HOFers deserves to to be brought down. The QB that you describe could walk on water, which is preposterous on every level. Sorry, not sorry.

Again, I have to agree with Stout. The Mitch comparison is apt. Every thread is basically stating everything as fact, and if anyone dares question it, you're either a troll or just not letting people be optimistic.

So frustrating to hear that Kyler is this can't-miss, perfect generational QB in every single thread, when six months ago, the talk was that he might be drafted in the third round.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your "hatred" for awful players is on record

What ever will I do?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I will just kiss their ass despite all evidence to the contrary

Oooh I have a good idea Rosen lovers. Let's give him a Participation Trophy

Yay Josh. You did it!!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
This.

I can’t get the draft dynamic out of my head. I could be making it up, but it parallels so much of what I see at work that I can’t help but think that it was a problem.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have I moderated your opinion in any way?

What does me being a moderator have to do with my opinion on Josh Rosen?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Again, I have to agree with Stout. The Mitch comparison is apt. Every thread is basically stating everything as fact, and if anyone dares question it, you're either a troll or just not letting people be optimistic.

So frustrating to hear that Kyler is this can't-miss, perfect generational QB in every single thread, when six months ago, the talk was that he might be drafted in the third round.

Drafted in the third round because of baseball.

Mahomes was initially a third round pick too. Plenty of players jump up once people really start looking.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Meh , really 3rd rnd picks Joe Montana ----- Ken Stabler ------ Ken Anderson ----- Dan Fouts ------ Joe Thiesman ------- etc. --- etc !

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose