Kyler Murray races 4.31 second 40-yard speed demon Andy Isabella (Video)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What round would he go in fantasy?
asking because I don't do fantasy football but I am curious.

Depends on the league. Some people draft QB real late, some dont. But, he will be behind quite a few quarterbacks for sure. At the same time, running ability is a BIG deal in fantasy, especially running for touchdowns. A high performing mobile quarterback can be a bigger differencemaker than say, a Tom Brady./

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don't remember anyone questioning his speed. I just remember people questioning why he refused to run or be measured.
I am pretty sure he was measured, but just didn't performed any drills or physical tests. That being said I don't really see what he had to gain by performing in those areas and thus that is likely why he didn't do it. Outside of letting everyone know that he was a little bigger than they guessed, he was only going to chance hurting his value by running and throwing.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember anyone questioning his speed. I just remember people questioning why he refused to run or be measured.

I still believe the pick was him from the moment they hired Kingsbury so he knew he didn't need to run.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At the combine, but he refused to be measured at his Oklahoma Pro Day which fueled speculation that he was shorter than he was listed by the school. Made no sense. Just get measured and end the speculation then and there.
So you think they measured him wrong at the combine?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Apparently there is a conspiracy that it was faked.

Was he measured...yes. Did he refuse to do it again. Yes.

What does Charlie think?

You must be registered for see images attach

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What round would he go in fantasy?
asking because I don't do fantasy football but I am curious.
In a standard ESPN, 10-team PPR with people who play the game "by the book," undrafted, most likely, but that's not a "Solar bashing Kyler" thing. It's just that the by the book answer in drafting QBs is generally to only take one, so only 10 QBs, maybe 11 depending on injury, should go in a given draft.

In what I consider more standard formats/play (12 teams/not everyone playing by the book and doing it for fun), I bet he'll go anywhere from the 8th round on, since his rushing upside is huge even if he has a poor passing year compared to others.

Just like Josh Allen had a 5-week span as fantasy's leading QB due to rushing, Kyler will have some real value.

It's funny, even off the board, all of my buddies know I'm not a big Kyler guy, so they'll all be shocked when I take him in all 7 of my fantasy drafts, haha. Everyone will skip on him too, daring me to take him, just for the laughs.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm consistently measured an inch or two taller or shorter - I don't particularly mind, but when Kyler had potentially tons of money on the line, that could be scary for someone to see it be a little different.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I saw mocks that had him drafted between the 8th and 12th round

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still believe the pick was him from the moment they hired Kingsbury so he knew he didn't need to run.

If true, that just makes what happened with Rosen even more head-scratchingly awful. If you're taking Murray with the top pick you do not need any subterfuge. You've got the top pick. No one can steal it from you. You make it publicly know that you are taking him and that Rosen is available to the highest bidder. What happened before and during the draft was an absolute embarrassment.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If true, that just makes what happened with Rosen even more head-scratchingly awful. If you're taking Murray with the top pick you do not need any subterfuge. You've got the top pick. No one can steal it from you. You make it publicly know that you are taking him and that Rosen is available to the highest bidder. What happened before and during the draft was an absolute embarrassment.

I have drug us off topic but I agree here

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose