TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Rams #32, FWIW.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cowboys #1. What a joke. Talk about bandwagon fans?? I went to a Cowboys/Niners game back in 95, when both teams were powerhouses. Rice scored on a long pass on the 1st series & the crowd was never heard from again. Niners won 38-20, and the crowd thinned out by the middle of the 3rd quarter, maybe sooner. We moved from the nosebleed seats to 40 yard line seats. I came away very disappointed at how uneventful the game was. At least the Cowboy cheerleaders were legit! And I do remember having a phenomenal steak there in Dallas.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/2019/06/24/nfl-fandom-report-2019/

Good for this guy for getting some annual run to his school's website and his personal brand. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cards moved up the rankings next year.

The biggest weight that is weird is the road equity weighting. If a home team's stadium is consistently full of home fans, how would you measure the road attendance? I also have a problem with measuring the social equity as twitter followers; it would seem like Instagram would be a better measure, but maybe they're equivalent.

Anyway, anything to get the ol' outrage machine rolling, right?

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
As soon as Brady and Billicek are gone Pats fans will go back down to the bottom 5, Phoenix has so many transplants from other places that they have their loyalty to other teams instead of coming on and supporting the Cardinals it's kind of pathetic actually

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I worked with the Cowboys Cheerleaders back in '88...overrated.

:cool:

Cowboys fans are ridiculous though...calling them bandwagon fans isn't extreme enough - no loyalty when things get tough.
Two ways to measure it:

1. Intensity among current fans (i.e. how willing are they to jump out the window after a loss? How football-smart are they?

2. How popular is the team on a national basis (i.e. # of fans in other cities)?

I'd agree that Team Felon fans are most obnoxious of the 32, but I'd have to believe there are a lot more of those weasels nationwide.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/2019/06/24/nfl-fandom-report-2019/

Good for this guy for getting some annual run to his school's website and his personal brand. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cards moved up the rankings next year.

The biggest weight that is weird is the road equity weighting. If a home team's stadium is consistently full of home fans, how would you measure the road attendance? I also have a problem with measuring the social equity as twitter followers; it would seem like Instagram would be a better measure, but maybe they're equivalent.

Anyway, anything to get the ol' outrage machine rolling, right?

For the Cardinals? Totally fair.

Chiefs? Way too low.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Sam Bradford is the best oops I mean Josh Rosen is the best ever - oops I mean Kyler Murrey ooops
My butt hurts

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cowboys #1. What a joke. Talk about bandwagon fans?? I went to a Cowboys/Niners game back in 95, when both teams were powerhouses. Rice scored on a long pass on the 1st series & the crowd was never heard from again. Niners won 38-20, and the crowd thinned out by the middle of the 3rd quarter, maybe sooner. We moved from the nosebleed seats to 40 yard line seats. I came away very disappointed at how uneventful the game was. At least the Cowboy cheerleaders were legit! And I do remember having a phenomenal steak there in Dallas.

PA, they're also among some of the most non-confrontational fans ever. I went to a Cards/Boys game in Texas stadium, wore gear all weekend long in the malls, in town, and through the airport when I came in. No one said a word to me. I also stood and cheered obnoxiously anytime the Cards did something good and never got checked for it. Just my two cents on this ranking nonsense.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can attest that even though they're the biggest bunch of knuckleheads this side of the Milky Way and I can't stand the lot of them, IMO Eagles fans belong #1 especially when it comes to loyalty. No matter how bad they are, they sell out the Linc. The most talked about incident in Eagle fans history, the infamous Snowballs at Santa game(over 50 years ago but it's still the standard in which Eagle fans are measured), what no one talks about is that it was week 14 and Franklin Field was standing room only on a cold, miserable Sunday afternoon to watch a 2 win team who just lost out on the OJ Simpson sweepstakes. The only team I can think of with that kind of loyalty are Giants fans and maybe Packers fans.

As for Cowboys fans, back when they were 1-15, you couldn't find a Cowboy fan if you organized a search party but when they started winning again, they started streaming out of the woodwork.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I can attest that even though they're the biggest bunch of knuckleheads this side of the Milky Way and I can't stand the lot of them, IMO Eagles fans belong #1 especially when it comes to loyalty. No matter how bad they are, they sell out the Linc. The most talked about incident in Eagle fans history, the infamous Snowballs at Santa game(over 50 years ago but it's still the standard in which Eagle fans are measured), what no one talks about is that it was week 14 and Franklin Field was standing room only on a cold, miserable Sunday afternoon to watch a 2 win team who just lost out on the OJ Simpson sweepstakes. The only team I can think of with that kind of loyalty are Giants fans and maybe Packers fans.

As for Cowboys fans, back when they were 1-15, you couldn't find a Cowboy fan if you organized a search party but when they started winning again, they started streaming out of the woodwork.

any given Sunday Cards fans can rock the toaster - best I saw was the nfcc against the eagles - but no fans have been tested like cards fans at SDS - where other teams fans out numbered card fans most of the time - we’ve came along way baby - I respect us! Finest metal is forged in the flames of adversity - we appreciate first downs more than most

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

NJ, you speak the truth brother. I hate this team and fanbase with my whole existence, but they are absolutely the best fans in football. Undying loyalty, unwavering pride, and zero tolerance when it comes to disrespect, real or perceived. Just the way I am about the Cards.