Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have discussed forwards T.J. Warren and Josh Jackson in several separate trade packages, as well as the No. 6 pick, league sources said.

(That’s the only blurb about it in Shams article)

https://theathletic.com/1026128/201...ers-for-anthony-davis-plus-more-league-notes/

This was discounted by "NBA sources" in an article by Duane Rankin:

On Monday, The Athletic reported Warren, Jackson and the No. 6 overall pick were on the trading block, which isn't surprising. However, NBA sources told The Republic that the two players and the Suns' first-round pick weren't available.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...rren-josh-jackson-no-6-pick-trade/1481883001/

It's kind of who do you believe. A lot of this stuff is a smokescreen. I do think Warren will be traded.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Gambo read our forum? :wink2:

John Gambadoro‏Verified account @Gambo987

We have said for quite some time that the Suns are looking to move TJ & Josh to clear the wing log jam, it would free up 17 mill in cap space- so reports they are on the block are not new. Most likely trades would be for pick that would be announced on July 6th after cap resets

8:15 AM - 18 Jun 2019

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Gambadoro‏Verified account @Gambo987

We have said for quite some time that the Suns are looking to move TJ & Josh to clear the wing log jam, it would free up 17 mill in cap space- so reports they are on the block are not new. Most likely trades would be for pick that would be announced on July 6th after cap resets

8:15 AM - 18 Jun 2019

He has said that July 6th date a couple times now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the same reason, any trade of Warren for a draft pick would likely wait until that time to be effective...

I wanted another first round pick in this draft even though it is said not to be a deep draft.

I'm wondering if another team might select for the Suns in this draft and the rights be traded later.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The only two Suns players who would work salary-wise would be Josh Jackson and Tyler Johnson. I really don't want to give up on Josh Jackson, but that would be a tough deal for me to turn down, given how desperately we need a point guard and how good of a fit Holiday would be in the back court with Booker.

At the same time, I don't give much credence to this report, particularly since he has another report in his Twitter feed indicating that the Hawks are planning to trade 10 and 17 to move up to 5 to draft...Reddish, while hoping Culver drops to 8 to take with their other draft pick, and while possible acquiring Kevin Love in the process.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

So the Pelicans would keep Ball as their PG? That seems unlikely. And why move up to #2 to take Barrett? Isn't #2 still Morant?

I'd be fine with Warren, Jackson, and #6 for Holiday, but that would be a big salary increase. How much room would the Suns have if they did that deal and then stretched Tyler's Johnson?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So the Pelicans would keep Ball as their PG? That seems unlikely. And why move up to #2 to take Barrett? Isn't #2 still Morant?

I'd be fine with Warren, Jackson, and #6 for Holiday, but that would be a big salary increase. How much room would the Suns have if they did that deal and then stretched Tyler's Johnson?

Warren, Jackson and #6 for Holiday does not work salary-wise under the CBA.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Two things:

First, make this happen James. (I really need to maintain a level head with these rumors)

Second, this could indicate that #2 is for sale so Ja Morant is attainable. If not Jrue then Ja.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This would be a great deal for the suns.

But I have a feeling it is going to be more than the 6 Jackson and Johnson. I think there will be another pick thrown in - like our 32 or the Millwaukee pick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oy I think that’s a big overpay. I like Jrue. And I think we need a steady vet. And he’ll help establish a defensive mentality. But that’s trading a lot of youth (JJ and a high first round pick and even a still relatively young Warren - just 25) for a dude that’s already 29. He’s not going to be here when booker, Ayton, and bridges really hit their stride.

I’d be excited to get Jrue. More excited to see how he positively impacts the rest of the team. But likely lamenting how much we gave up for him. If we sub bridges for either jJ or Warren it’s a disaster imo.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This would be a great deal for the suns.

But I have a feeling it is going to be more than the 6 Jackson and Johnson. I think there will be another pick thrown in - like our 32 or the Millwaukee pick.
If we could swing Warren, Johnson, the 6, the 32 and a future highly protected first for Jrue I’d do it aaaaalll day.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oy I think that’s a big overpay. I like Jrue. And I think we need a steady vet. And he’ll help establish a defensive mentality. But that’s trading a lot of youth (JJ and a high first round pick and even a still relatively young Warren - just 25) for a dude that’s already 29. He’s not going to be here when booker, Ayton, and bridges really hit their stride.

I’d be excited to get Jrue. More excited to see how he positively impacts the rest of the team. But likely lamenting how much we gave up for him. If we sub bridges for either jJ or Warren it’s a disaster imo.

What if it were JJ and Tyler Johnson with the #6? They are the only two players on the roster whose combined salaries would match up with Holiday.