Deandre Ayton and Rookie expectations

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think we are looking at an AD or Dwight Howard type center out of Ayton. A guy who wins with skill moves, and not an Embid, Shaq, Wilt power guy. As Suns fans we just have to acknowlege Ayton is not going to be a power center, but more of a skill center.
Dwight Howard + skill = HUH?!? He was a power guy 100%

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think worst case scenario is that Ayton remains a finesse center along the lines of a Brad Daugherty. Best case scenario is that he ramps up the strength, power and intensity and becomes another David Robinson.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Dwight Howard + skill = HUH?!? He was a power guy 100%
Well I only watched him towards the end of his career, and all I saw were jump shots and little hooks. I never saw him dunk unless it was a fast break. That doesn't scream power center to me. I will take your word for it. So aside from nitpicking about Howard, I get you understand what I was saying. Ayton will be more finesse than power.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Well I only watched him towards the end of his career, and all I saw were jump shots and little hooks. I never saw him dunk unless it was a fast break. That doesn't scream power center to me. I will take your word for it. So aside from nitpicking about Howard, I get you understand what I was saying. Ayton will be more finesse than power.

I mean, when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor you knew we were going to enter the war.... ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose