Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tankathon now has Hunter going at #6 but it was reportedly updated 5 days ago. IIRC, they had White going at that slot a day or so ago.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
With Gambo shooting down every potential deal that is brought up, our moves will look like a vet PG at the MLE like Patrick Beverly, MAYBE a Randle and/or Dedmon, then whoever we get at 6 and 32. For my taste, I would hope we get a Hunter, if he's not off the board, then another big at 32.

If you look at Toronto, even Golden State, we lack bigs. Would be nice to match up with the Utahs out west, too. That would be a good start to changing this team. I still think we are a season more of rebuild after this one. That is unless our coach adds to the win total, instead of making guys worse like last season, LOL. I admit I thought Igor with the coaches and places he had been would be a good coach. I have more hope based on Monty having actual experience we can go by to know he has some coaching chops. That alone should get us up into the twenties in win total.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Gambo shooting down every potential deal that is brought up, our moves will look like a vet PG at the MLE like Patrick Beverly, MAYBE a Randle and/or Dedmon, then whoever we get at 6 and 32. For my taste, I would hope we get a Hunter, if he's not off the board, then another big at 32.

If you look at Toronto, even Golden State, we lack bigs. Would be nice to match up with the Utahs out west, too. That would be a good start to changing this team. I still think we are a season more of rebuild after this one. That is unless our coach adds to the win total, instead of making guys worse like last season, LOL. I admit I thought Igor with the coaches and places he had been would be a good coach. I have more hope based on Monty having actual experience we can go by to know he has some coaching chops. That alone should get us up into the twenties in win total.

I think the Suns could dramatically improve if they add a point guard and a power forward. It's ridiculous they played without a point guard the last two seasons. The Suns do need a third piece and I'm hoping that's Oubre. He brings offense and defense to the Suns.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think the Suns could dramatically improve if they add a point guard and a power forward. It's ridiculous they played without a point guard the last two seasons. The Suns do need a third piece and I'm hoping that's Oubre. He brings offense and defense to the Suns.
That would get us basically to a traditional starting five, which we did not have all last season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would get us basically to a traditional starting five, which we did not have all last season.

Having a starting 5 is a huge start.

It's like the Suns should have been running on 5 cylinders and much of the time they were running on 2-3.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

It's like the Suns should have been running on 5 cylinders and much of the time they were running on 2-3.

Playing without a point guard is more like having a car without an engine...

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

I know! Think about how long it took, almost the last month of the season before they started Bender as a PF. They insisted on playing two SFs to start all year. Bender wasn't that great, but they started winning a "few" more games. Just think if we had a real PF even lacking a PG how many games we would have won, if we were winning games when Bender played?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know! Think about how long it took, almost the last month of the season before they started Bender as a PF. They insisted on playing two SFs to start all year. Bender wasn't that great, but they started winning a "few" more games. Just think if we had a real PF even lacking a PG how many games we would have won, if we were winning games when Bender played?

It's amazing how much better the Suns were when they add Oubre and Johnson before the injury bug hit.

This is why I have hope for this coming season if the Suns can solidify the point guard position, keep Oubre and add a power forward.

The Suns do not have to hit a home run... just get some base hits.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It's amazing how much better the Suns were when they add Oubre and Johnson before the injury bug hit.

This is why I have hope for this coming season if the Suns can solidify the point guard position, keep Oubre and add a power forward.

I think that just gets them to the thirties in wins. That's how far I think McD let our talent go. I think this is a two season dig out to get to the 8th seed. I hope I am wrong and coaching is that magic sauce.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

They really weren't that much better. They had one good week, just as they did before they added Oubre and Johnson.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
In the AZ Sports Mock draft tracker today, one guy put Sekou Doumbouya, PF, Guinea at the 6th pick for Phoenix. A work in progress, but the default PF starter barring a free agent veteran brought in. Interesting. Anyone see him that high at 6?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In the AZ Sports Mock draft tracker today, one guy put Sekou Doumbouya, PF, Guinea at the 6th pick for Phoenix. A work in progress, but the default PF starter barring a free agent veteran brought in. Interesting. Anyone see him that high at 6?

If they want to swing for the fences for a Clint Capela type, sure. But he could end up being the next Dragan Bender just as easily as he could end up being the next Clint Capela.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I see a lot of players that could fit at #6. Sekou is one of them.

Wish the Suns could trade down but my guess is Sekou would be gone.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I see a lot of players that could fit at #6. Sekou is one of them.

Wish the Suns could trade down but my guess is Sekou would be gone.
He seems like he has been a big riser in this mock draft season.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, no.

Sekou could become that mid 1st gem like Giannis, but he has A LOT of work to do. My biggest concern with him is his timing. He often mistimes rebounds, close outs, and defensive switches. It's not just the lack of experience that's the problem. His movements are coarse. While he might smooth out over time, the team that drafts him will have to be awfully patient with him. More so than Dragan Bender.

I actually really like the potential (A+) but his production is poor (D-).

He's not a better prospect than Reddish, White or Culver. Which should put him out of the top 10. It's also tough to pass up on the production of Rui or Clarke for his extremely raw potential. And I'd much rather have Kabengele over him who's production is better and potential is equal.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sekou
could become that mid 1st gem like Giannis, but he has A LOT of work to do. My biggest concern with him is his timing. He often mistimes rebounds, close outs, and defensive switches. It's not just the lack of experience that's the problem. His movements are coarse. While he might smooth out over time, the team that drafts him will have to be awfully patient with him. More so than Dragan Bender.

He's not a better prospect than Reddish, White or Culver. Which should put him out of the top 10. It's also tough to pass up on the production of Rui or Clarke for his extremely raw potential. And I'd much rather have Kabengele over him who's production is better and potential is equal.

Yeah, I can't believe we'll be stupid enough to draft Sekou with our first pick. If we had a complete roster and were just looking for a boom or bust pick, he'd be an okay choice but we need to bring in real NBA players not real long shot NBA players.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sekou could become that mid 1st gem like Giannis, but he has A LOT of work to do. My biggest concern with him is his timing. He often mistimes rebounds, close outs, and defensive switches. It's not just the lack of experience that's the problem. His movements are coarse. While he might smooth out over time, the team that drafts him will have to be awfully patient with him. More so than Dragan Bender.

I've been a big fan of Kabengele but those knee braces on both knees have me taking a step back although I still like him.

Supposedly those questions about the braces haven been answered but it still raises questions for me.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
I've been a big fan of Kabengele but those knee braces on both knees have me taking a step back although I still like him.

Supposedly those questions about the braces haven been answered but it still raises questions for me.
I'm guessing that's why he continues to be overlooked in the top 15. His film is far better than many of the other guys, so there must be something keeping teams away. Could be those knees. Strangely enough it doesn't seem to keep teams away from Garland who I have FAR more concerns about.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that's why he continues to be overlooked in the top 15. His film is far better than many of the other guys, so there must be something keeping teams away. Could be those knees. Strangely enough it doesn't seem to keep teams away from Garland who I have FAR more concerns about.

This is what I suspect as well. Without the knee braces I think he would shoot up the charts.

I worry about Garland for similar issues.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I see him before White - and maybe hunter depending on what you are looking for. He's raw - but at least he has potential.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Sekou is a long term project which has a high chance of not panning out, which is something the sun's do not have the luxury to take on right now , I'd be very disappointed if that was our selection at 6

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The 2 guys I like most are Bol & Jerome. I think both will rise up draft boards in the next couple of weeks. If ARZ had 2 picks in the teens then both could be had and would be great value. Bol’s health issues make him a huge gamble at #6 but he would provide the spacing that would compliment Ayton and the shot blocking we covet. Jerome I feel would be our starting PGOTF.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2 guys I like most are Bol & Jerome. I think both will rise up draft boards in the next couple of weeks. If ARZ had 2 picks in the teens then both could be had and would be great value. Bol’s health issues make him a huge gamble at #6 but he would provide the spacing that would compliment Ayton and the shot blocking we covet. Jerome I feel would be our starting PGOTF.

Agreed, I would love to partner up with Atlanta. I hope there is a guy they really like at 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA