Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Precisely why I am hoping we trade with Atlanta for the 10 and 17 and take Clarke at 10

I know he's projected in the teens by many by I just don't believe it. IMO Clarke goes in the top 8, easy, and may even be gone when we draft. AFAIC he'd go 2nd if he had ideal wingspan even though he lacks range on his shot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who missed the ESPN televised mock draft.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know he's projected in the teens by many by I just don't believe it. IMO Clarke goes in the top 8, easy, and may even be gone when we draft. AFAIC he'd go 2nd if he had ideal wingspan even though he lacks range on his shot.

Lol we are yet again aligned

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well we are probably a good fit for him because Ayton can provide spacing

Yeah I think Ayton has a much better chance of becoming a great 3 point shooter than he does a great rim protector. Clarke despite his height and wingspan should help a lot at the rim and he can't be ignored down low on offense either.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah I think Ayton has a much better chance of becoming a great 3 point shooter than he does a great rim protector. Clarke despite his height and wingspan should help a lot at the rim and he can't be ignored down low on offense either.

Just remember that as we saw in Tucson and last year, Ayton is far better down on the block than on the perimeter.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just remember that as we saw in Tucson and last year, Ayton is far better down on the block than on the perimeter.

Ultimately you can have a player stronger on one side of offensive or defensive dvoa as long as the positive outweighs the negative.

It's why you like Bridges

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And also the sooner the expectation of this drafts pick is "solid starter or six man" the sooner you start thinking strengths over weakness

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why I have been a strong advocate of Hunter at 6.

I like Hunter but I've been assuming he'll be gone before we pick. If he falls to us though I'd play him at the 3, Ayton at the 4 and trade for Deandre Jordan to play center.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like Hunter but I've been assuming he'll be gone before we pick. If he falls to us though I'd play him at the 3, Ayton at the 4 and trade for Deandre Jordan to play center.

I see Hunter as an ideal stretch 4 to play next to Ayton with ability to play minutes at the 3 if needed.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see Hunter as an ideal stretch 4 to play next to Ayton with ability to play minutes at the 3 if needed.

Yeah he's clearly a stretch 4 for us. We have enough small forwards, I was making fun of the idea of adding another Deandre (or 2).

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah he's clearly a stretch 4 for us. We have enough small forwards, I was making fun of the idea of adding another Deandre (or 2).

Ah, well in that case, bring D'Angelo Russell here, and you can add a D'Angelo to go along with our DeAnthony and three Deandres...:p

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can't believe after such an atrocious season, I'd salivate over the chance to take Deandre Hunter or Garland... and the likelihood is we still get neither.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Something I found interesting. Hunter's blocks per game are unimpressive, but if you take a closer look, he actually held opponents to 32.6%FG at the rim. He plays tenacious, fundamental defense.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bol Bol getting a lot of positive attention and comparison to Porzingis. He could move up.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Something I found interesting. Hunter's blocks per game are unimpressive, but if you take a closer look, he actually held opponents to 32.6%FG at the rim. He plays tenacious, fundamental defense.

Yep. I believe that the Suns would be extremely foolish to pass on Hunter if he is available at 6.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose