2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can say is, I have seen people, no matter their motives, wear hoodies and NOT appear to be gangsta, even if that's what they were trying for. I notice millienials wear them a lot, and it's usually for keeping warm or for shade. Older people tend to wear hats. I think it's kind of a fashion thing.

Like Durant I have lost some hair(lots). If you see me outside and it's sunny I will either have a baseball hat, a ski cap, or if it's cool a hoodie. I've even been known to wear a buff(very popular in fishing). In my case not gangst at all.

I don't do it indoors but then I'm not playing basketball at a high level and then sitting down drenched in sweat.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I also cannot believe how little of the Durant fallout is blowing towards the Warriors medical staff and trainers. The idea that he strained his calf and then, as a total coincidence, tore his achillies immediately upon returning is a stretch.

Kerr said he was cleared by the GS staff as well as KD’s own doctors. I feel bad for KD but he’s a grown man who made the decision to play.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This post was reported and a warning issued

noted. shouldn't have called him a moron. my apologies to @LoyaltyisaCurse and the board.

but let's get back to the topic at hand shall we @LoyaltyisaCurse . Tell me who the 4 HOFers were that were on the team when Kareem went to the Lakers. Also tell me how him going to the Lakers is anything like KD considering the Lakers TRADED for him and KD just went and joined up with the team that he just choked away a 3-1 lead to.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't stand any player who deliberately tries to hurt the opposition. You can find plenty of posts from me on the Cards board about my dislike of Docket for the same reason, I thought he was dirty and I was worried that his antics were going to get one of his teammates hurt.

Green is dirty and player like Zaza was nothing more than a hit man and should have been thrown out of the league... that Warrior fans bathe those dudes in affection makes their crying foul over the actions of other fans seem really thin, it also makes opposing fans very unsympathetic.

To be clear I don't know a single fan who was doing that with Zaza. Most of us wished he was a better player to better replace Bogut. To be honest I was not that familiar with his prior career so I had no idea his rep was dirty until people started saying it. He only played 2 years with the team I was glad to see him go. And I didn't like the play against Kawhi. I would say claiming he tried to break his ankle was too far but it looked to me like he tried to step on his foot and did and that was intentional enough I would call it dirty.

With Green it's different, most of the fans who cheer Green are cheering the good stuff he does. He's more like Artest than Zaza, actually a very good player who just happens to be unable to contain his temper and who loses his mind sometimes with cheapshots. I wish he didn't but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate what a good player he is. I think sometimes we judge players like Green harsher simply because he IS good. If he were just a lousy hack enforcer it would be one thing, he's more like say Laimbeer in his prime where he was actually a very good player but he was such a dirty player it got lost. I hope draymond gets past that.

But I would submit nobody stops cheering for a team just because they have a dirty player. I was VERY outspoken about Dockett too, but that didn't mean I couldn't still want the Cards to win.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have already stated Zaza is a dirty player, but I also do not believe his intention was to injure Kawai. Again, players on every team in the NBA have someone who purposely steps in a shooters landing zone and you know full well why that takes place.

Lol. Aren’t you the one who literally just argued against the “but both sides do it” argument? LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I GIVE HYPOCRISYISACURSE!!!

And NO, “every team” does not have a guy that purposefully consistently stands in landing zones. In fact I’m willing to bet that most posters on here are familiar with those that were the regular violators of that ethical standard by name.

Uh oh, I misstated Kareem timeline that must be Trumpian! LMAO.

Much easier to just own up to being wrong and realizing and owning up to the fact that you lost that argument. Also makes you look like less of a jerk.

You claim I have a bias regarding your side argument about Zaza because of my love for the Dubs while ignoring your own bias because the Suns are garbage and the Warriors not. If the suns had drafted a fantastic core and added an additional Hall of Famer you would not be crying and whining about it being “unfair” or “cheating the league” or being a “***** move” by the player. You would be jumping up and down just like every other Dubs fan. You just hate them because the Suns ain’t them.

What does the suns sucking have to do with your claim that Zaza somehow always accidentally found his feet in shooters landing zones? Really looking hard for your nexus here.

If Dubs lose this series, the better team won. It certainly doesn’t mean I’m happy for those ******* fans.

(Psst, guess what, I don’t think they care what you think about them)

I am content with 3 titles and 5 consecutive finals appearances. It made the previous 30 years worth it. If this is the beginning of the end of the dynasty I am thankful to have had a dynasty to cheer for. Perhaps you may get to someday and lose your irrational haterism.

You’ve clearly gotten to experience a terrific ride. And yeah we’re jealous. If we ever get to experience that I sure as hell hope I’m not as insufferably arrogant as you are. In fact, for the life of me I can’t understand why you post in a suns forum during games instead of a warriors forum.

#GoDubs

See bold above.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably not unusual but apparently after Toronto went on that 10-0 run by Kawhi, workers backstage went to work getting the back ready to celebrate their title complete with trophy. And then had to undo it.

I would imagine it takes awhile to setup so probably not the first time it's happened.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh Cheese, the king of histrionics.

you're about to go off on another long rant, after pages and pages of rants and I'm the king of histrionics? Lol. Don't worry... I won't report that personal attack. :)

Again , are you telling me you’re going to stop cheering for your favorite sports team because they have a dirty player on the roster? My guess is the Cardinals, the Suns and any other team you follow currently has or have had in the past a very dirty player on the team and yet you still wholeheartedly cheer for your team and celebrate their successes. So you bringing that up is complete bunk.

I never said I'd stop cheering for that team. So, thanks for making up even more BS like the rest of your argument. But i sure as hell wouldn't bitch and complain if I got served a little of my own medicine if I did support a dirty team like you do. My problem is cheering for a team who has dirty players who try to injure others and crying foul about something another team... or it's fans do. I could care less what other fans do.

Again , you are trying to equate actions of a player with actions of fans and if said dirty player commits a dirty play that results in an injury that is a separate occasion from fans celebrating vociferously said injury.

You defending players who intentionally hurt others is the issue. You do it all the time... vociferously and it's no different than fans cheering injured players on. Y

I have already stated Zaza is a dirty player, but I also do not believe his intention was to injure Kawai. Again, players on every team in the NBA have someone who purposely steps in a shooters landing zone and you know full well why that takes place.

Thank you for once again proving the point I just made. Everyone KNEW Kawhi was on a bum wheel, and your goon made sure he could optimize trying to injure it more. And it worked. And yet you're still defending him, putting you in the exact same league as the people who cheered on KD's injury.

Next, I don’t care if nobody else agrees with me or not. That’s why it’s my opinion.

It is very easy to judge a crowd reaction to a players injury and again, that crowd had two opportunities not to cheer for the injury.

If you want to give Toronto crowd the benefit of the doubt for cheering the first time Kevin went down, fine.

Uh oh, I misstated Kareem timeline that must be Trumpian! LMAO.

you didn't mis-state anything. You just made something up completely to boost your argument. That is the definition of Trumpian.

It's okay to just say you were wrong and that part of your argument was baseless.

You claim I have a bias regarding your side argument about Zaza because of my love for the Dubs while ignoring your own bias because the Suns are garbage and the Warriors not. If the suns had drafted a fantastic core and added an additional Hall of Famer you would not be crying and whining about it being “unfair” or “cheating the league” or being a “***** move” by the player. You would be jumping up and down just like every other Dubs fan. You just hate them because the Suns ain’t them.

Clearly, the Warriors need Kevin Durant because —under Steve Kerr— the Dubs have a losing record in the NBA finals when Kevin Durant is not part of the team ( especially since they are so top-heavy the past two seasons).

If Dubs lose this series, the better team won. It certainly doesn’t mean I’m happy for those ******* fans.

I am content with 3 titles and 5 consecutive finals appearances. It made the previous 30 years worth it. If this is the beginning of the end of the dynasty I am thankful to have had a dynasty to cheer for. Perhaps you may get to someday and lose your irrational haterism.

#GoDubs

I'm now an irrational hater who's the King Of Histrionics. Continued good form.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
you're about to go off on another long rant, after pages and pages of rants and I'm the king of histrionics? Lol. Don't worry... I won't report that personal attack. :)

I never said I'd stop cheering for that team. So, thanks for making up even more BS like the rest of your argument. But i sure as hell wouldn't bitch and complain if I got served a little of my own medicine if I did support a dirty team like you do. My problem is cheering for a team who has dirty players who try to injure others and crying foul about something another team... or it's fans do. I could care less what other fans do.

You defending players who intentionally hurt others is the issue. You do it all the time... vociferously and it's no different than fans cheering injured players on. Y

Thank you for once again proving the point I just made. Everyone KNEW Kawhi was on a bum wheel, and your goon made sure he could optimize trying to injure it more. And it worked. And yet you're still defending him, putting you in the exact same league as the people who cheered on KD's injury.
First and foremost, I don't report. Secondly, I don't defend Zaza, I don't believe his dirty play was done with the intent to hurt, that is an important distinction.

Fans celebrating career altering or ending injuries belong in the class of Philly fans, IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First and foremost, I don't report. Secondly, I don't defend Zaza, I don't believe his dirty play was done with the intent to hurt, that is an important distinction.

right... I totally remember Zaza doing that to other Spurs in that game and not just doing it to the guy who was on a bum ankle and the admittedly dirty player wasn't trying to make that ankle worse by putting his foot under it when he came down.

You are literally defending Zaza right now with the above rationalization.

denial ain't just a river in Egypt. When you defend indefensible actions that deliberately were meant to injure the other teams star, you're no better than those cheering on injury to one of yours.

Fans celebrating career altering or ending injuries belong in the class of Philly fans, IMO.

the idea that those fans knew it was an achilles injury is laughable. The first thought EVERYONE had in that moment was that he re-injured his calf muscle... you know... the thing the Warriors told everyone was the problem. It wasn't until up close replays came in that people started talking about a possible Achilles tear. But maybe in your mind half of Canada owned delorean time machines and already knew what the future held and were cheering on the achilles injury. That makes as much as sense as everything else you're saying.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
See bold above.
I don't need to go into a dissertation about a misstatement (not a misrepresentation, a misstatement). So I made a mistake big deal...

Second, I become "insufferable" when I view others as being "insufferable." Apparently, you take trash talk more seriously than I do. Second, I'm technically not posting on a "Suns Forum." The title of this thread is, wait for it...."2019 NBA Playoff Discussion"

I bring up the Suns suck to point to my perception of why Cheese seems to be so biased vs. Dubs while he is irrationally insinuating my bias in favor of Dubs means I celebrate dirty plays, which I do not. It is not the same thing as celebrating life altering injuries.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't need to go into a dissertation about a misstatement (not a misrepresentation, a misstatement). So I made a mistake big deal...

Second, I become "insufferable" when I view others as being "insufferable." Apparently, you take trash talk more seriously than I do. Second, I'm technically not posting on a "Suns Forum." The title of this thread is, wait for it...."2019 NBA Playoff Discussion"

wait for it... that thread is literally and technically in the Suns forum. There's a smack shack for the type of Suns blast you threw in because people kept proving your stances completely wrong.

I bring up the Suns suck to point to my perception of why Cheese seems to be so biased vs. Dubs while he is irrationally insinuating my bias in favor of Dubs means I celebrate dirty plays, which I do not. It is not the same thing as celebrating life altering injuries.

you DEFEND dirty plays which could severely injure people.. and did in the case of Kawhi.

and again, EVERYONE initially thought KD hurt his calf because... you know... that's what he was bothering him for the last month. The idea that all of those people in the moment were celebrating the possible end of his career is the exact type of "histrionics" you're falsely accusing me of.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
you DEFEND dirty plays which could severely injure people.. and did in the case of Kawhi.

and again, EVERYONE initially thought KD hurt his calf because... you know... that's what he was bothering him for the last month. The idea that all of those people in the moment were celebrating the possible end of his career is the exact type of "histrionics" you're falsely accusing me of.
Again, they had two opportunities to show their true colors... Most fans realize non-contact injuries are serious. And, lets just indulge in the notion they thought he re-injured is calf. That makes it acceptable??? Luckily, Toronto players are significantly more classy than their fans and it was so bad they had to tell many of their own crowd to knock it off...

I was vociferously disgusted with Mr. Steven (the partner with the Warriors) and called for him to be forced out of organization. Pushing a player is much more serious than reveling in injury, but I am not such a homer that I celebrate that kind of behavior.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, they had two opportunities to show their true colors...

You mean like when the overwhelming majority of the crowd started chanting KD! KD! in support as he limped off the court?

Most fans realize non-contact injuries are serious.

Sure... same way fans realized KD's previous injury to his calf was non-contact. The idea that people knew it was something different this time around and potentially career ending when it just looked like he popped his calf again is completely unfounded and unrealistic.

And, lets just indulge in the notion they thought he re-injured is calf. That makes it acceptable??? Luckily, Toronto players are significantly more classy than their fans and it was so bad they had to tell their many in their own crowd to knock it off...

Again, I NEVER said it was acceptable. I'm saying people who defend their players for intentionally injuring others (which you have repeatedly done) are hypocritical for getting huffy when opposing fans celebrate injuries.

Would have been nice for the Warriors and their fans to tell Zaza and Green that what they routinely did to others was unacceptable. Since they and you don't/didn't, bitching about someone else not doing the same makes no sense.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It is very simple: Cheering for your team who happens to have a dirty player is not endorsing said dirty player. Not believing a dirty player is trying to ruin somebody's career is not celebrating said dirty player. And not believing said dirty player was trying to end a career is not the same thing as cheering when another player is seriously injured.

Unless you can point to me celebrating Leonard's injury years ago, it is completely moot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is very simple: Cheering for your team who happens to have a dirty player is not endorsing said dirty player. Not believing a dirty player is trying to ruin somebody's career is not celebrating said dirty player. And not believing said dirty player was trying to end a career is not the same thing as cheering when another player is seriously injured.

Unless you can point to me celebrating Leonard's injury years ago, it completely moot.

again, denial ain't just a river in egypt.

were you calling for them to get rid of Zaza? Do you think they should get rid of Green who continually tries to injure players? if not, you're just as much of the problem as the fans who were happy to see Durant go down. Passivity in the face of your team injuring players is no different than Raptor fans cheering to see KD go down... why? because both fans benefit from the actions and they both know it.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
again, denial ain't just a river in egypt.

were you calling for them to get rid of Zaza? Do you think they should get rid of Green who continually tries to injure players? if not, you're just as much of the problem as the fans who were happy to see Durant go down. Passivity in the face of your team injuring players is no different than Raptor fans cheering to see KD go down... why? because both fans benefit from the actions and they both know it.
No, it's not. That's okay you believe what you want, clearly we aren't going to change eachother's minds. That is okay. Really, it's okay...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
KD is one of the top players ever for me that I like to watch. I don't get involved in KD drama, etc. I just like watching him play. No one I have ever watched in basketball has been perfect. I grew up watching Wilt. I became a Dr. J fan. Then I started watching some kid in college named Magic. I read about a guy in Sports Illustrated at Santa Clara named Steve Nash and started watching him. Diana Taurasi gives me joy watching her game. I have been watching KD whenever I could. I cannot believe how Devin Booker keeps improving. Just some players their game you just get joy watching. I think KD can come back from this. No doubt. It's going to suck not seeing what was going to develop for him this off season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
KD is one of the top players ever for me that I like to watch. I don't get involved in KD drama, etc. I just like watching him play. No one I have ever watched in basketball has been perfect. I grew up watching Wilt. I became a Dr. J fan. Then I started watching some kid in college named Magic. I read about a guy in Sports Illustrated at Santa Clara named Steve Nash and started watching him. Diana Taurasi gives me joy watching her game. I have been watching KD whenever I could. I cannot believe how Devin Booker keeps improving. Just some players their game you just get joy watching. I think KD can come back from this. No doubt. It's going to suck not seeing what was going to develop for him this off season.
Yeah as much as I think KD is mentally soft his game was beautiful to watch. I hated all the whining that’s developed later in his career. But man his game is beautiful to watch.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm shocked that a guy who works for the Warriors is staunchly defending the people he works for.

Kerr's reaction makes it pretty obvious that the decision for Durant to play was hardly unanimous and it is almost impossible to believe the injury is unrelated to the "calf strain". I'm not condemning the Warriors for it, but this dude acting like they're above scrutiny is a joke.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm shocked that a guy who works for the Warriors is staunchly defending the people he works for.

Kerr's reaction makes it pretty obvious that the decision for Durant to play was hardly unanimous and it is almost impossible to believe the injury is unrelated to the "calf strain". I'm not condemning the Warriors for it, but this dude acting like they're above scrutiny is a joke.

According to Kerr everyone was involved in the decision including Durant’s agent and independent doctor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA