Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN 2 praised Coby White as a favorite pick going to the Suns as well as Zion going to New Orleans.

CBS did a mock draft today too and they have us with Hunter. I don't feel strongly enough to have much of a reaction on either player although neither would be my first choice. And I don't feel strongly enough to really care much about my first choice either, this is just a very confusing draft for me.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CBS did a mock draft today too and they have us with Hunter. I don't feel strongly enough to have much of a reaction on either player although neither would be my first choice. And I don't feel strongly enough to really care much about my first choice either, this is just a very confusing draft for me.

You are not alone. This is a very confusing draft from my perspective as well. There are not any sure picks at #6.

At least if the Suns draft a point guard, I feel they are at least adding depth at a position of need. However, the Suns can go a lot of different directions.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I do I detest white, and don’t like hunter.

The suns would be crazy to take white over culver.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are not alone. This is a very confusing draft from my perspective as well. There are not any sure picks at #6.

At least if the Suns draft a point guard, I feel they are at least adding depth at a position of need. However, the Suns can go a lot of different directions.

Yeah, just look at White. Most drafts he goes in the teens and the team that takes him understands that he's a high bust risk but could become a star if someone can tap into his speed and natural gifts. But at 6, he's a higher bust risk than you'd typically expect. He clearly has star potential but his weaknesses are almost as much of a concern as his speed is a strength.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do I detest white, and don’t like hunter.

The suns would be crazy to take white over culver.

I don't detest him but I'd definitely take Culver over White (and Hunter although he'll be a good player in the right system IMO).

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
If he's been asking out it's almost surely to a team that is a real playoff contender, don't you think?

Just because Jrue may want to leave - does not mean he would be happy coming to phoenix.

I'm hopeful that Jrue's strong connection with Monty persists. If so, he's a perfect fit here. If he wants nothing to do with us then I wouldn't make the move. James and Monty could easily use back channels to find out his intentions.

I remain hopeful.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I had to leave during the draft, but I recorded it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Its not confusing to me. Just 100% uninspiring. I can’t recall every being so “meh” about a draft. And definitely not about a top 6 pick. I think other than Zion and to a much lesser degree morant this will go down as one of the least talented drafts ever. There will be a surprise or two, but overall I expect this draft to be essentially ignored in years to come.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, just look at White. Most drafts he goes in the teens and the team that takes him understands that he's a high bust risk but could become a star if someone can tap into his speed and natural gifts. But at 6, he's a higher bust risk than you'd typically expect. He clearly has star potential but his weaknesses are almost as much of a concern as his speed is a strength.
Yup SGA went 11 last year and I’d place him several rungs higher on the prospect list than white. I had hoped that the predraft process would get me as excited about white as I had gotten about SGA, but it’s proven to be just the opposite.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup SGA went 11 last year and I’d place him several rungs higher on the prospect list than white. I had hoped that the predraft process would get me as excited about white as I had gotten about SGA, but it’s proven to be just the opposite.

I still can't believe we traded two firsts(one in what was to be believed to be a loaded draft and another unprotected future) to move up, only to draft ANOTHER SF, when the team was already log-jammed at the position, clearly planning on adding ANOTHER in FA all while a solid PG prospect was still on the board.

Man, outside of the no-brainer pick with Ayton, last summer's coaching decision, use of assets and cap room were just beyond pathetic.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I still can't believe we traded two firsts(one in what was to be believed to be a loaded draft and another unprotected future) to move up, only to draft ANOTHER SF, when the team was already log-jammed at the position, clearly planning on adding ANOTHER in FA all while a solid PG prospect was still on the board.

Man, outside of the no-brainer pick with Ayton, last summer's coaching decision, use of assets and cap room were just beyond pathetic.

Ryan McDonough was an awful GM. Just awful.

At the same time, if they make the same mistake this summer (stockpiling more wings while ignoring gaping holes at point guard and power forward), we know either that the problem is really Sarver or that James Jones is just another McDonough in the making (only with better people skills).

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

Not disagreeing at all , but I do hate the way people always say we traded 2 firsts to move up, they traded one first to swap 1sts , I know I'm nitpicking but it just makes it sounds worse saying it that way

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not disagreeing at all , but I do hate the way people always say we traded 2 firsts to move up, they traded one first to swap 1sts , I know I'm nitpicking but it just makes it sounds worse saying it that way

Agreed. I always think this same thing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would trade 6 for Smart/20 if the board fell that way.

I'd consider it since Smart is on a reasonable contract for a number of years and he can play besides Booker.

The Suns could still draft a player like Ty Jerome at #20 and add a big in the second round or vice versa.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to convince myself to like White if the Suns go that direction.

Admittedly I'm not high on White like I was Shai. However, he stands at 6'5", only 19, athletic and can score the ball. I think there is upside.

A lot of his turnovers seem due to poor decision making. At least there is a chance he can steadily improve his game.

Few of these players in the draft are ready to start outside of Zion so it's a gamble no matter who the Suns select.

This is a draft where if you can trade the pick, it's likely worth considering.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

Admittedly I'm not high on White like I was Shai. However, he stands at 6'5", only 19, athletic and can score the ball. I think there is upside.

A lot of his turnovers seem due to poor decision making. At least there is a chance he can steadily improve his game.

Few of these players in the draft are ready to start outside of Zion so it's a gamble no matter who the Suns select.

I could get behind the pick if it happens I just won't be overly excited, whites decision making makes him look like JJ but as a PG which worries me , but he can at least shoot so that's something we haven't had at the PG position for a few years

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could get behind the pick if it happens I just won't be overly excited, whites decision making makes him look like JJ but as a PG which worries me , but he can at least shoot so that's something we haven't had at the PG position for a few years

I'm the least excited about this draft since I can remember.

I keep repeating to myself White has skills and he is only 19.

If the Suns could trade down or trade it for a player, it would help get the adrenaline flowing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to catch up with Green Room invites.

Jonathan Givony‏Verified account @DraftExpress

Jonathan Givony Retweeted Jonathan Givony

3 more players have been invited to the Green Room, sources say

Brandon Clarke, PJ Washington, Rui Hachimura.

15 players have now received invites (Zion, Ja, Barrett, Garland, Culver, Hunter, Coby White, Reddish, Jaxson Hayes, Little, Langford, Herro) with 5 more still coming.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand the Suns have worked out Luguentz Dort but I'm not sure if it has been posted.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I understand the Suns have worked out Luguentz Dort but I'm not sure if it has been posted.
On other team sites, I have been seeing a lot of interest in Dort. Funny, not so much here in AZ. I think he will be solid. I enjoyed listening to his play on the radio this last year. I was working out of town quite a bit and would catch the games on the radio while driving.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

To me he's kind of like Alfrid Peyton with a better jumper. The best part of his game to me, is his range on the three. Decision making, and changing speeds during a play. He has that young man's go 100 miles an hour all the time. When he starts getting that change of speeds in his game, he will get a lot better.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On other team sites, I have been seeing a lot of interest in Dort. Funny, not so much here in AZ. I think he will be solid. I enjoyed listening to his play on the radio this last year. I was working out of town quite a bit and would catch the games on the radio while driving.

I think there was some discussion about Dort but not much. He is a physical specimen but doesn't have a lot of tangible skills at this point in time but he knows how to get to the free throw line.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose