The Official US Soccer thread

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Stout

Reaction score
With this thread bumped, I had to go look to see why in the eff our idiotic "GM" STILL hasn't hired a coach. I looked it up and, wow, we'll have one BY THE END OF THE YEAR!!! He said he doesn't want to be effing HASTY!!!

Folks, Ernie Stewart is, indeed, the human snail reborn.

You must be registered for see images attach

Lorenzo

Reaction score
With this thread bumped, I had to go look to see why in the eff our idiotic "GM" STILL hasn't hired a coach. I looked it up and, wow, we'll have one BY THE END OF THE YEAR!!! He said he doesn't want to be effing HASTY!!!

Folks, Ernie Stewart is, indeed, the human snail reborn.

You must be registered for see images attach
what if no one has returned his phone calls and he is just saying that as a cover?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I just viewed the friendly vs. England. far too lazy in their defending all over the pitch. a lot of lacklustre efforts to attack the ball and plenty of jogging. second half was far better. a lot of ominous possession running into the final 3rd just nothing to show in the end. Pulisic played very well and was one of the standouts from either side, but he really should have opened the scoring. I really enjoy to see how calm he is on the ball. it's a sight for sore eyes. overall I thought they looked better than they did against France in their attack, but not much team defending and to be fair to England the States were already down once they started to shine. Brooks at times looked very sharp. his passing out of the back is a lot better than I remember. GUZAN..WTF is he doing getting a look? he literally cannot kick the ball to a teammate.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Horrible defending, but from 35 mins til about 75 mins the US were looking decent.

Pulisic is genuinely very good. Just need to surround him with some other half decent players.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Horrible defending, but from 35 mins til about 75 mins the US were looking decent.

Pulisic is genuinely very good. Just need to surround him with some other half decent players.
Sadly the match vs. England is the best that I can recall the US team playing in quite a while and they were easily dispatched. they were dreadful against Italy. they looked like they were completely inadequate. I don't know what that says about Italy's inability to score goals...whoever the next US manager is....he needs to find a goal keeper that can pass the ball and defenders that can play the ball forward. of corse a holding midfielder is probably the one thing the US men have always lacked and the main reason Michael Bradley remained for as long as he did.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Where the eff is our coaching hire? How the eff can you take this much time "just to get it right?" Fire Stewart!!!
Where the eff is our coaching hire? How the eff can you take this much time "just to get it right?" Fire Stewart!!!
Yeah this is beyond ridiculous. This is now Par for the course for US Soccer. I think we have actually regressed beyond deep into the abyss now.

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah this is beyond ridiculous. This is now Par for the course for US Soccer. I think we have actually regressed beyond deep into the abyss now.

No doubt. I'm serious, fire the idiot and start from scratch. It'll only take 1/4 or 1/8 of the time it's taken him to (not quite) hire our next coach.

Stout

Reaction score
Greg Berhalter has been named

Jesus. I mean, I had heard he was being seriously considered, but I didn't think Stewart was that stupid.

Welp, time to begin managing expectations. We're returning to the good old days of missing World Cups and going insane with joy when we actually make one.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Jesus. I mean, I had heard he was being seriously considered, but I didn't think Stewart was that stupid.

Welp, time to begin managing expectations. We're returning to the good old days of missing World Cups and going insane with joy when we actually make one.
doomed

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Fired after a year and a half at 2nd tier...what was it, Norway? When he's being hailed as the "first American to coach in Europe" as part of his "pedigree?" lol
I think this is their problem. Obviously that in itself is a joke.

anyone who has had success managing in Europe is going to instantly look away from the job unless they are offered a boatload of treasure. Reason being is you see what extremely over-entitled American players and the tribal soccer press did to Jurgen Klinsmann when he tried to make changes to their culture. I take issue with the American players like Alexi Lalas/Taylor Twellman/etc who have never really accomplished anything at the international level yet they have a negative voice over someone like JK who actually had success as a player and a manager at every level in Europe and beyond.

Stout

Reaction score
I think this is their problem. Obviously that in itself is a joke.

anyone who has had success managing in Europe is going to instantly look away from the job unless they are offered a boatload of treasure. Reason being is you see what extremely over-entitled American players and the tribal soccer press did to Jurgen Klinsmann when he tried to make changes to their culture. I take issue with the American players like Alexi Lalas/Taylor Twellman/etc who have never really accomplished anything at the international level yet they have a negative voice over someone like JK who actually had success as a player and a manager at every level in Europe and beyond.

Well, it turned out JK wasn't the guy to take us where we needed to go. In the end, he was stubborn as hell, and not in the good way. I agree about our entitled American players--god, where do they get the GALL? We needed someone to run roughshod over them, with the balls to kick them off the side if needs be, and to form the next gen players. What we got is someone who's going to let them do what they want.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well, it turned out JK wasn't the guy to take us where we needed to go. In the end, he was stubborn as hell, and not in the good way. I agree about our entitled American players--god, where do they get the GALL? We needed someone to run roughshod over them, with the balls to kick them off the side if needs be, and to form the next gen players. What we got is someone who's going to let them do what they want.
I agree about what you said about JK...and he perpetuated a lot of the pre-existing problems that he inherited. rather than changing the culture and living up to the own things that he preached, he often did something else. How long until we bring Lord Vuldemort back? I mean at least he was a premier league coach for a month or so...

Stout

Reaction score
I agree about what you said about JK...and he perpetuated a lot of the pre-existing problems that he inherited. rather than changing the culture and living up to the own things that he preached, he often did something else. How long until we bring Lord Vuldemort back? I mean at least he was a premier league coach for a month or so...

Ugh, please no.

Stout

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but Zack Steffen freaking SUCKS. He's played like dog crap the last two games. I'm SO glad we made a nobody MLS coach with SO little experience our freaking coach. Berhalter? Suuuure he knows how to make the U.S. into a World Class side LOL I doubt he can even win us the Gold Cup!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Berhalter sucks, by the time things are all said and done he will be less thought of than Steve Sampson. I only came back to this thread to say that.

USSF is an organization mired in mediocrity.

Stout

Reaction score
Berhalter sucks, by the time things are all said and done he will be less thought of than Steve Sampson. I only came back to this thread to say that.

USSF is an organization mired in mediocrity.

Can't believe a world class soccer executive like Ernie Stewart would hire him :sarcasm:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh, please no.
+1

JK had his faults, sure. I honestly felt we were heading in the right direction with him in charge, minus the Costa Rica game. I fully believe 100% that if he were still the manager, we would have made the WC.

How about dem ladies? 13-0? Are you kidding me?

Stout

Reaction score
+1

JK had his faults, sure. I honestly felt we were heading in the right direction with him in charge, minus the Costa Rica game. I fully believe 100% that if he were still the manager, we would have made the WC.

How about dem ladies? 13-0? Are you kidding me?

Boy, I sure don't. We were going nowhere fast under JK. Problem is, we had rot in the locker room, and BA didn't shake up the roster. Then, after we missed, we had to get it absolutely right. Then when hire Ernie freaking Stewart...huh?...who takes thirty years to hire Greg freaking Berhalter. WTF?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy, I sure don't. We were going nowhere fast under JK. Problem is, we had rot in the locker room, and BA didn't shake up the roster. Then, after we missed, we had to get it absolutely right. Then when hire Ernie freaking Stewart...huh?...who takes thirty years to hire Greg freaking Berhalter. WTF?

Disagree, losing to Mexico at home at the last minute and losing to Costa Rica on the road where we never play well isn't a dealbreaker at all. Even if it is 4-0. Losing to T&T is embarrassing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose