Would a Preseason game in St Louis ever happen?

USAFMEDIC

Veteran
Reaction score
With the Rams playing a pre-season game in Hawaii, as reported, I started thinking about the possibilities of a Cardinal pre-season game in St Louis. They could play it outdoors at Busch Stadium, and I am sure they would sell out. It would also rekindle an old spark for the Cardinals fans in the city, like me. Michael Bidwill still has strong connections with the city. What are every ones' opinions regarding this? Thanks.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
With the Rams playing a pre-season game in Hawaii, as reported, I started thinking about the possibilities of a Cardinal pre-season game in St Louis. They could play it outdoors at Busch Stadium, and I am sure they would sell out. It would also rekindle an old spark for the Cardinals fans in the city, like me. Michael Bidwill still has strong connections with the city. What are every ones' opinions regarding this? Thanks.

Busch was never designed for football and I don’t know if the playing field is big enough to put a football field on.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Never happen …..ST Louis let 2 NFL teams walk, they will never get a sniff from the NFL again

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Busch was never designed for football and I don’t know if the playing field is big enough to put a football field on.

I think they can. They have had games for Professional Soccer there and dimensions for Soccer fields are larger then Football fields.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I grew up there but the community disdain for Bidwill is too high, even Michael!

Reactions: PJ1

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hate the games and so does every season ticket holder...they’d have my blessings.
Pay full price for not full product stinks

Move preseason to two games

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Rams screwed the SL fans on their Seat Licenses and then moved away. I would be interested in seeing who they would root for. I'm pretty sure they like MB much better than Stan Kroenke.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
It would be cool to have the cardinals play the rams there in the preseason.

that would be some next level trolling by the NFL

some NFL team is laying claim to the STL metro as their territory (KC? Indy? ) and i have to believe that team would be one of them

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
KC vs the Cards in the pre-season would be awesome. As long slas it's outside and not in that damn Edward Jones Dome.

What a poo hole that was.

I think someone should work on winning that market over.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
USAFMEDIC

USAFMEDIC

Veteran
Reaction score
Michael Bidwill has been funding NFL Youth charities in St Louis. The charities the Rams left. St Louis has no problem with M.B. Our issue was with dad, but in fairness St Louis should have built the dome for the Cardinals. Old news... I love Glendale. Just thought a game in St Louis would be great for many of us.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
St. Louis screwed the Cards and not vice verca, than the Rams screwed St. Louis.

But with the actual hype around the Rams, I don't think the St. Louis area would switch to the cards that fast, but in 2-3 years if the cards are a fun team to watch and the Rams don't win it all, than that could be a point were this scencario makes sense for the Cards and the NFL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose