He still got that fire in his belly for 1,000 yards receiving and 1,000 yards rushing

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seems like an RB who can motion to WR and play as well as any WR is gonna thrive in K2O

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have my doubts. Our offense was a train wreck last year, but he didnt seem to have the same explosiveness. I remember his rookie and sophomore seasons, his athleticism and burst jumped off the screen at me. It didn't seem to last year.

Reactions: PJ1
OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Arizona's David Johnson expecting big things in new offense

Arizona running back David Johnson believes it could be a grand year.

Two grand, even.

Johnson came close to having 1,000 yards rushing and receiving once before and believes he can do it under new coach Kliff Kingsbury's high-octane offense.

''I definitely hope that a thousand/thousand is reachable and that's always going to be my goal, with the team coming first,'' Johnson said after organized team activities Wednesday.

https://sports.yahoo.com/arizonas-david-johnson-expecting-big-things-offense-062636966--nfl.html

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You know you're good when you have nearly 1400 yards from scrimmage and everyone's saying you mailed it in.

But yeah, the whole 1000 + 1000 thing is getting old. You'd think by now he would have figured out that nobody wants to hear it. It suggests a lack of self awareness.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I will always have goals like that but after my injury year and last year not going anywhere near I'd like...Right now I just want to focus on winning and doing everything I can to put my team in the position to win. If I can break out again, that is ideal but it doesn't matter if we are not winning"

He needs to change his mindset to something like that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
"I will always have goals like that but after my injury year and last year not going anywhere near I'd like...Right now I just want to focus on winning and doing everything I can to put my team in the position to win. If I can break out again, that is ideal but it doesn't matter if we are not winning"

Lol. I was excited that was a real quote. You got me.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Um,

''I definitely hope that a thousand/thousand is reachable and that's always going to be my goal, with the team coming first,'' Johnson said after organized team activities Wednesday.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stuff like this is hilarious. We had a historically bad offense last year and he still almost got a 1000 yards rushing with the worst offensive line in football and no threat of a passing game and the worst play calling in football

Now he sucks

David Johnson: hey guys I’d like to have a really good year because I hold myself to a high standard

Random fans: that dude sucks and why is he putting himself above the team

Lol

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stuff like this is hilarious. We had a historically bad offense last year and he still almost got a 1000 yards rushing with the worst offensive line in football and no threat of a passing game and the worst play calling in football

Now he sucks

David Johnson: hey guys I’d like to have a really good year because I hold myself to a high standard

Random fans: that dude sucks and why is he putting himself above the team

Lol
DJ is a victim of the " yeah, but" syndrome. He could gain 2,000 yds on th ground and 2,500 yards as a receiver - and there would be cries of "yeah, but how come he didn't gain 5,000 total yards" or "yeah, but we didn't win more games than Seattle."

Cheez!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I’m not convinced that Edmonds isn’t equally suited to this offense. Put the double negatives and poor sentence structure together and you have me thinking that DJ may not be in the long range plan.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not convinced that Edmonds isn’t equally suited to this offense. Put the double negatives and poor sentence structure together and you have me thinking that DJ may not be in the long range plan.
I have seen zero evidence to back that up. Please tell me what you’ve seen that gives you that notion.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Chase Edmonds? lol.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Um,

I should have known. It seems like it happens with every quote now. Like with the Murray/Mahomes comparisons. The reporter already has his headline in mind, asks the perfect question to validate his headline, then as long as that validation is part of the answer, he runs with it and his headline becomes the story. Is that what happened here?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I should have known. It seems like it happens with every quote now. Like with the Murray/Mahomes comparisons. The reporter already has his headline in mind, asks the perfect question to validate his headline, then as long as that validation is part of the answer, he runs with it and his headline becomes the story. Is that what happened here?
And then a bunch of people just read the headline and start making assumptions that guys don't care about winning games. It's a vicious cycle.