Kyler Murray in 5 Years

Where will Kyler Rank in 5 Years?

• Total voters

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This team isn't good enough to guarantee Kyler keeps winning. He's going to have to deal with adversity, whether you like that or not. Regardless of how Rosen handled it, when our defense gives up 48 like Oklahoma did to Bama, Kyler's going to have to stare down the face of a loss.

Time will tell. In the meantime, you should start looking for another team to root FOR. It's all too obvious that the Cardinals will the team that you root AGAINST.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Time will tell. In the meantime, you should start looking for another team to root FOR. It's all too obvious that the Cardinals will the team that you root AGAINST.
Preparing myself by understanding that the worst team in the league last year with a rookie HC and QB are going to have some growing pains is NOT rooting against my team. Thinking we're going to go 16-0 and march straight to the Super Bowl with a Swiss cheese roster is setting yourself up for a ton of disappointment.

I'm just being a realist here.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only one quarterback in the league last year had his defense give up 48 points and won. Goff did against the Chiefs. If our defense gives up 48 point I don’t think the Murray will be the blame unless he threw 3 pick sixes or something.

Of course there is going to be adversity. I’m not to worried how Murray will handle it. How will Bosa handle it if his team goes 1-4 and he has 1 sack? These are professional athletes that have faced adversity their entire sports careers. To get to the NFL they have obviously failed at times and responded or they wouldn’t be here.

God, is it September yet?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Only one quarterback in the league last year had his defense give up 48 points and won. Goff did against the Chiefs. If our defense gives up 48 point I don’t think the Murray will be the blame unless he threw 3 pick sixes or something.

Of course there is going to be adversity. I’m not to worried how Murray will handle it. How will Bosa handle it if his team goes 1-4 and he has 1 sack? These are professional athletes that have faced adversity their entire sports careers. To get to the NFL they have obviously failed at times and responded or they wouldn’t be here.

God, is it September yet?
Well, I mean, that's the issue... Murray really hasn't. Which, more power to the kid, that's incredible, but it's scary. The QB is the general of the team. He's the leader. He touches the ball every single offensive play. If Bosa has a poor game and the 49ers lose, no one is really going to remember. How many of us are sitting here remembering that Chandler Jones had zero sacks and one tackle in last year's 3-17 loss against the Lions? None, but we'll rip the QB for that lack of production.

The last time Kyler walked off the field with an L, he cried. Now, I'm not judging him for that, it was at the time his last game as a football player, and a rough one with a chance to go to the championship game, but how does he react when his career losses have been doubled by week 4? Does he rally the team, or doubt himself and struggle with the media?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I mean, that's the issue... Murray really hasn't. Which, more power to the kid, that's incredible, but it's scary. The QB is the general of the team. He's the leader. He touches the ball every single offensive play. If Bosa has a poor game and the 49ers lose, no one is really going to remember. How many of us are sitting here remembering that Chandler Jones had zero sacks and one tackle in last year's 3-17 loss against the Lions? None, but we'll rip the QB for that lack of production.

The last time Kyler walked off the field with an L, he cried. Now, I'm not judging him for that, it was at the time his last game as a football player, and a rough one with a chance to go to the championship game, but how does he react when his career losses have been doubled by week 4? Does he rally the team, or doubt himself and struggle with the media?
I’ve stated I’m not worried about it. Obviously I know what you think. You have come to the conclusion he cannot and will not handle adversity. I’ll politely say, well let’s put it this way. I’m am not concerned.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I’ve stated I’m not worried about it. Obviously I know what you think. You have come to the conclusion he cannot and will not handle adversity. I’ll politely say, well let’s put it this way. I’m am not concerned.
I haven't come to any conclusion about him.

I'm concerned. That's it. It's not that I don't want him to succeed, I have nothing against the kid and want t watch my team win. I'm just constantly baffled by the insane blinders everyone has put on with him.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL.

One is a winner, one is a wiener.

that is a reach
wilson won a super bowl and was half inch away of getting a second one
even without a great cast around him he did amazingly well

people said he had linch but a great running back never lead a team winning something

adrian Peterson
priest holmes
larry johnson
ck johnson
ladainian Tomlinson

and I dont think wilson ever played with a receiver like tj Hilton

I know many were in love with luck even before touching the nfl field but Wilson did significantly better

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
that is a reach

people said he had linch but a great running back never lead a team winning something

adrian Peterson
priest holmes
larry johnson
ck johnson
ladainian Tomlinson

I know many were in love with luck even before touching the nfl field but Wilson did significantly better
A great running back never led a team? Is this some kind of bizarro NFL?

And Wilson didn't have much around him?
"On February 2, 2014, the Seahawks won the franchise's only Super Bowl Championship, defeating Denver 43–8. The Seahawks' defense performance in 2013 was acclaimed as one of the best in the Super Bowl era.'

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
that is a reach

adrian Peterson
priest holmes
larry johnson
ck johnson
ladainian Tomlinson

I mean, we all or at least should all know Wilson was dealt with a significantly better supporting cast than Luck to start off.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean, we all or at least should all know Wilson was dealt with a significantly better supporting cast than Luck to start off.

I was talking about the offense
Wilson offensive line has been always mediocre( same for Luck) and never had a top receiver, like tj hilton

I just stated the Wilson had a better career so far
arent u agree?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Wilson offensive line has been always mediocre( same for Luck) and never had a top receiver, like tj hilton

arent u agree?
Actually, Wilson started off his career with a Pro Bowl tackle and Center. His line was very solid. It's only the past few years that it's been awful.

And I'll say Doug Baldwin was reasonably on par with Hilton.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Actually, Wilson started off his career with a Pro Bowl tackle and Center. His line was very solid. It's only the past few years that it's been awful.

That line has never been solid. Back then they had two good starters, and Okung wasnt even that great, while Unger was pretty good.

Hilton is better than Baldwin.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That line has never been solid. Back then they had two good starters, and Okung wasnt even that great, while Unger was pretty good.

Hilton is better than Baldwin.
Fine man, whatever, I'm not gonna keep arguing with you over this one. You think Wilson's the best thing ever, and Kyler's gonna be better, I don't, this isn't going anywhere.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

ok, nothing to add, if u see even Baldwin comparable to Tj Hilton

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Haha. it's pretty obvious that Solar7 is way too emotionally invested in Murray failing isn't PACardsFan? :) I feel bad for him. Truly.

However, he did manage to make one salient point, and that is that Murray can expect to lose maybe nine or ten games this year.

And his reaction to that, along with reading NFL defenses, are a couple of the "unknowns", the variables in this situation. A little scary. :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hilton vs Baldwin

You must be registered for see images attach

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Hilton vs Baldwin

I'm not saying you're completely wrong, just that Baldwin is no slouch. Keep in mind, T.Y. Hilton had 156 more targets with one less year of play than Baldwin, so the stats don't quite match up, given that Russell just doesn't have to throw as much as the Colts do. Much better defense.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

arent u agree?
Wilson actually had an average line his first two seasons. Better than Luck was dealt with up until last year.

Luck also never had a top RB like Marshawn to take the pressure off as well.

He has, but Luck is starting to gain back steam after injury & I think he’ll win the big one with the right cast around him now.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Whatever credibility your argument carried was lost when you brought Rosen into the discussion. As the season progressed, you were rightfully watching the Rams, and not watching Rosen completely unravel. I'm not sure what you mean by Rosen handling the mental make up of losing games? As the season progressed, he looked less and less like a QBOTF. The one thing that Murray has always done is WIN. I don't want a QB that mentally handles losing. Murray will continue to win, and some of that will be detrimental to your Rams.
Look, i've got no dog in this Rosen vs Murray fight. Not sure why if i mention his name i lose credibility here. Besides, i watch as many Cardinals games as any of you fans. It's on my television every week.

Rosen's character was publicly questioned after being drafted. I heard the noise, everyone heard it. Once he was thrown into the fire and faced losing, getting beat up, taking hits, not making plays etc...i waited for that questionable "character" to appear. Waited for the finger pointing, the excuses etc and they never came(at least publicly).

Claiming he unraveled as the season progressed could be said of just about any member of that horrid offense. I watched the same games as you did and he looked terrible surrounded by terrible in a terrible system.

You don't want a QB who mentally handles losing?
Losing games, getting sacked, taking hits, throwing INT's is QB adversity. How players respond from adversity is very important. Not sure if you were serious with that statement.

Murray may have ice in his veins and handle all that stuff quite well. Then again he might not. He hasn't faced any to this point so we don't know.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wilson actually had an average line his first two seasons. Better than Luck was dealt with up until last year.

Luck also never had a top RB like Marshawn to take the pressure off as well.

He has, but Luck is starting to gain back steam after injury & I think he’ll win the big one with the right cast around him now.

foresee a throphy doesn't mean he will get one, instaed Wilson won a superbowl and a conference title
or is a point of view too rational?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm not saying you're completely wrong, just that Baldwin is no slouch. Keep in mind, T.Y. Hilton had 156 more targets with one less year of play than Baldwin, so the stats don't quite match up, given that Russell just doesn't have to throw as much as the Colts do. Much better defense.

Baldwin was a decent to good receiver most if his career.

Hilton is definitely a better player though.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We're going around in circles on stuff where we're never going to change each others' mind.

You take anyone's position and keep going to extremes.

For example: You think Wilson is the best thing ever.

Where did I say that? I said Wilson would go #1 overall if the draft was done over. That doesnt mean I think "Wilson is the best thing ever". It means I would take him over Luck.

It's a bad debate tactic and belies a weakness in your argument.

Luck is a great player, but his injury history is his undoing at the present time. He takes big hits even though he runs less than Wilson.

And even though a lot of it can be attributed to team success, Wilson has been more successful. Will this change over time? It may, especially with the current trends of the teams. I think the Colts are an up trending team while Seahawks are down trending.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Another factor to consider about Wilson is that his play elevated Lynch's play and vice versa. Having the threat of a QB who can run helps the overall running game.

The most underrated trait of Wilson is how turnover adverse hes been. He just doesnt turnover the ball often, so his defense isnt put in rough spots.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose