Kyler Murray in 5 Years

Where will Kyler Rank in 5 Years?

• Total voters

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course you're right here Krang. You look at each players production over their careers, and its not very close.

If you're point is that, "with hindsight, who would you pick, Luck or Wilson?". Of course the answer is Wilson.
You can't believe this because, quite frankly, it's nonsense. Luck is a far superior QB than Wilson. You put Luck on Seattle and the Seahawks would have won multiple Super Bowls. Even the one Seattle won with Wilson was due to their defense. Seattle scored 43 points. Wilson had 206 yards passing. Not exactly mind bending. He's such a stellar QB that he had playoff games with such staunch numbers as 187 yards passing, 108, 142. The year they won the Super Bowl, in 3 games he threw for a combined 524 yards. I'm not saying he's a bad QB but to say you'd take him over Luck is laughable.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's lost in all these comparisons to other short QBs of the past is that Murray is a top
1% athlete.

That's why, with his elite passing ability he has a chance to be great.

If he were 6'5, he would be the best QB prospect EVER to come out. Ever. Ever.
Now you're just being facetious and a troll.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
You can't believe this because, quite frankly, it's nonsense. Luck is a far superior QB than Wilson. You put Luck on Seattle and the Seahawks would have won multiple Super Bowls. Even the one Seattle won with Wilson was due to their defense. Seattle scored 43 points. Wilson had 206 yards passing. Not exactly mind bending. He's such a stellar QB that he had playoff games with such staunch numbers as 187 yards passing, 108, 142. The year they won the Super Bowl, in 3 games he threw for a combined 524 yards. I'm not saying he's a bad QB but to say you'd take him over Luck is laughable.

A. Luck career QB rating = 89.5

R. Wilson career QB rating = 100.3

A. Luck career rushing yards = 1,590

R Wilson career rushing yards = 3,651

A. Luck career TD/Int = 171/87

R. Wilson career TD/Int = 196/63

Tell us more, NJCardFan, about how Luck is "far superior" to Wilson. It's really interesting.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I have a question about his height & his "electric ability" as compared to other college QB's his height. In other words, were there better college QB's 5'10" that had a better college career and more potential than Murray has?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I look at NE. Many of Brady's passes are short quick passes that go for a lot of YAC. From what I am reading this will be part of the Air Raid offense. I also watched a lot of the Pistol at UNR, especially when Kaepernick was there, and the offense was spread like that, and they set a bunch of rushing records while there because when they did run, there was a lot of space for the running backs to roam. Essentially both offenses beat you up with the pass, then make a read to go run, and end up ripping off long runs. I know a lot is made of the passing in the Air Raid, I am eager to see David Johnson get to run in open space. It will happen, and lets see how well the other team tackles when it does.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Tell us more, NJCardFan, about how Luck is "far superior" to Wilson. It's really interesting.
Looks pretty compelling to me. Luck and his injury prone career so far also makes this a slam dunk for me comparison wise. But that's jmo.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

NJ just throws stuff out there sometimes with no basis in reality.

It's like a spider monkey flinging feces.

In Luck's defense, the Colts have bee a disaster most of his tenure there, but you cant argue results.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Wilson's played 112 games to 86 for Luck, so spare me whoever has the higher stack of numbers, because it's not a fair comparison. Show me the averages.

Luck: 2.15 TDs Per Game
Wilson: 1.89 TDs Per Game

Luck Passing Yards Per Game: 275
Wilson: 229

Luck is also simply asked to do more to keep them in the game, thus attempts per game:
Luck: 38
Wilson: 29

Luck has to work much harder with less talent to keep them in games. Russ is undoubtedly talented, but without Andrew Luck, that Colts team is useless.

Luck Win %: 62%
Wilson Win %: 67%

Damn close for two teams where Luck has to do a whole hell of a lot more with less.

Not to mention, when it comes to rushing, despite having played 26 less games than Wilson, Luck's only two TDs behind in rushing.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have a question about his height & his "electric ability" as compared to other college QB's his height. In other words, were there better college QB's 5'10" that had a better college career and more potential than Murray has?

No. Murray is a freaking unicorn.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

OK...and I won't cherry pick stats. I'll just put them out there:

Andrew Luck
Games-86
W/L-53-33-0
Attempts-3290
Completions-2000
%-60.8
Yards-23671(4 seasons of 4,000+ yards)
TD-171
INT-83
Ave. YPG-275.2
And he missed most of 1 season as well as the entire 2017 season.

Russell Wilson
Games-112
W/L-75-36-1
Attempts-3261
Completions-2095
%-64.2
Yards-25624
TD-196
INT-63
YPG-228

Wilson has played in 26 more games and yet has 29 less attempts and only 95 more completions and 50 YPG less meaning a lot of his passes are short to midrange passes. Also, Luck never had a Lynch to run the ball and never had a defense to back him up. As I said, Wilson isn't a bad QB but to say he's better than Luck is laughable. You put flip them both and Seattle wins at least 2 more Super Bowls. Luck also threw for 4500 yards after missing an entire season with a shoulder injury that nearly ended his career.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Luck has to work much harder with less talent to keep them in games. Russ is undoubtedly talented, but without Andrew Luck, that Colts team is useless.
With Luck the Colts are 53-33 and average 10 wins a season(removing his injury plagued 2015 season). Without him they went 4-12 in a full season. But watch, Solar, some troll might accuse you of flinging feces.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Now you're just being facetious and a troll.

I dunno if Krang is talking about Wilson or Murray here, but Wilson definitely would have been an elite prospect if he were of prototypical size. He completed more than 70% of his passes at Whisky and started three seasons.

There’s a weird disconnect between the opinions about Murray on the board and among most national writers. I can’t explain why Murray wasn’t really considered a top prospect until basically Kingsbury was hired — and maybe not even then. I feel like Murray was an oddball until basically the Combine, and then people started writing these weird stories about how he was going number one, but then kind of shrugging about it.

IMO, if Murray was full size, he’d have been a consensus top pick — a better prospect than Darnold or Baker. If he’d had another season as a starter with similar production , he would be one of the best prospects of all time.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fran Tarkenton took the Vikings to 4 Super Bowls and please correct me if I'm wrong he was like 5'11" or so,so it definitely is not unheard for sub 6 footers to succeed unlikely yes impossible Hell No
Ummm.......... F T drafted 3rd round 1961,
He's 2 1/4" taller with slightly longer arms. Do you seriously think that makes a huge difference?

Baker was 6' 3/8" and 216 pounds and Murray is 5' 10 1/8" and 208 pounds.

Murray is like the subject of a fish story. The one in which the fish gets bigger with every telling.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being to 2 Super Bowls isn't any kind of barometer. If winning a SB makes a QB then we should expect the HOF induction of Trent Dilfer and Jim McMahon at any moment? Truth is, neither time Seattle went to the Super Bowl was it done on Wilson's back.
Marshawn Lynch and Legion of Boom.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Ummm.......... F T drafted 3rd round 1961,

Murray is like the subject of a fish story. The one in which the fish gets bigger with every telling.
If by that you mean people suggesting he is shorter every time than I agree. Not sure how anyone came to the conclusion that Murray is 4" shorter than Mayfield when their measurements are available to do a simple search for.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I voted journeyman, but not because he sucks. He has a chance to be very good and i think he will be pretty good early. I just see these type of QB's as having a shorter shelf life. Injuries, getting schemed down etc.

IMO he'll be electric at times but also make those typical rookie QB boneheaded mistakes. I'm also glad my Rams won't see him until December when there's ample film on his game.

I don't think he'll take the pounding after about 30-40 games. Then there's the mental make up of losing games. Rosen handled it. You just never know how it's going to affect these young QB's who haven't faced true adversity.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I voted journeyman, but not because he sucks. He has a chance to be very good and i think he will be pretty good early. I just see these type of QB's as having a shorter shelf life. Injuries, getting schemed down etc.

IMO he'll be electric at times but also make those typical rookie QB boneheaded mistakes. I'm also glad my Rams won't see him until December when there's ample film on his game.

I don't think he'll take the pounding after about 30-40 games. Then there's the mental make up of losing games. Rosen handled it. You just never know how it's going to affect these young QB's who haven't faced true adversity.

Whatever credibility your argument carried was lost when you brought Rosen into the discussion. As the season progressed, you were rightfully watching the Rams, and not watching Rosen completely unravel. I'm not sure what you mean by Rosen handling the mental make up of losing games? As the season progressed, he looked less and less like a QBOTF. The one thing that Murray has always done is WIN. I don't want a QB that mentally handles losing. Murray will continue to win, and some of that will be detrimental to your Rams.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Whatever credibility your argument carried was lost when you brought Rosen into the discussion. As the season progressed, you were rightfully watching the Rams, and not watching Rosen completely unravel. I'm not sure what you mean by Rosen handling the mental make up of losing games? As the season progressed, he looked less and less like a QBOTF. The one thing that Murray has always done is WIN. I don't want a QB that mentally handles losing. Murray will continue to win, and some of that will be detrimental to your Rams.
This team isn't good enough to guarantee Kyler keeps winning. He's going to have to deal with adversity, whether you like that or not. Regardless of how Rosen handled it, when our defense gives up 48 like Oklahoma did to Bama, Kyler's going to have to stare down the face of a loss.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose