Waiting to reserve judgement by game five

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Maybe it is....maybe it's not. Who knows?

If you buy all the rumors of teams I interest in players, you are gullible as hell. Half of that info is put out to drive players contracts up.

And people like you get duped by it and quote it as gospel. Yeah this is silly.
You're a good poster for the most part, but man are you bad at discussion. Your response to everything is basically "it doesn't matter to me, so it's not an argument."

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You're a good poster for the most part, but man are you bad at discussion. Your response to everything is basically "it doesn't matter to me, so it's not an argument."

No that's not what I said.

I said we dont know and you are spouting off on this nonsense like it is fact.

And you fail to address any of the points I made. Dont debated me the person, debate my argument.

You fail to do so.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Someone really underestimated the Bills last year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Bill's are going to be solid. 2nd place AFC East. 8-8ish. Jets 3rd. Dolphins dumpster fire.

Josh Allen played better than expected last year. He had awful receivers and got hit a lot.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think the Bill's are going to be solid. 2nd place AFC East. 8-8ish. Jets 3rd. Dolphins dumpster fire.

Josh Allen played better than expected last year. He had awful receivers and got hit a lot.
The Bills are an incredibly well coached team. Despite the Peterman nonsense.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No that's not what I said.

I said we dont know and you are spouting off on this nonsense like it is fact.

And you fail to address any of the points I made. Dont debated me the person, debate my argument.

You fail to do so.
I've debated your arguments point by point. Some I've let fall off because you and I aren't going to see eye to eye, like the Suggs argument. There's no debating with someone who refuses to acknowledge that even the greatest players in the world slow down with age, so why keep going?

But it's still ridiculous to say we had no offer out to Cousins when it's been reported by multiple outlets. Essentially you're saying that no sports journalism can ever be trusted unless we have it on videotape for you to review. Which is bogus.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've debated your arguments point by point. Some I've let fall off because you and I aren't going to see eye to eye, like the Suggs argument. There's no debating with someone who refuses to acknowledge that even the greatest players in the world slow down with age, so why keep going?

But it's still ridiculous to say we had no offer out to Cousins when it's been reported by multiple outlets. Essentially you're saying that no sports journalism can ever be trusted unless we have it on videotape for you to review. Which is bogus.

No....do I need to type this again because you clearly dont understand? Maybe if I type one word per line you will get it?

We dont know if it's TRUE. The information came from his agent who had a reason to drive up his price.

You claim that it's TRUE. I claim that we dont know if it's TRUE for the above reasons. You blindly accept the words from his agent who has a few reasons to leak this info.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No....do I need to type this again because you clearly dont understand? Maybe if I type one word per line you will get it?

We dont know if it's TRUE. The information came from his agent who had a reason to drive up his price.

You claim that it's TRUE. I claim that we dont know if it's TRUE for the above reasons. You blindly accept the words from his agent who has a few reasons to leak this info.
Okay, so, it's not 100%, lock it in stone, true. But can't you admit there's a VERY GOOD chance, with a lot of evidence pointing to it, that Keim pursued and offered an extraordinarily large, if not fully guaranteed, contract to Cousins, because multiple trustworthy sources reported it?

I'm not being Mitch here and pretending Keim and Bidwill dislike each other because Keim's eyebrow raised funky in a press conference, I am referencing multiple sources from an industry that is paid to do this professionally.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I mean, here's even an article about Cousins on the official team site, claiming we "missed" on Cousins. This article would read a lot differently if we never had interest in Cousins.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/missing-on-kirk-cousins-paved-cardinals-path-to-josh-rosen

The article does make Keim look like a dufus. In it he's gushing about Rosen and how he hasn't been this excited about a QB in 20 years and he goes on and on and then this year he makes similar comments about Murray. Makes me believe Keim has no idea on how to judge a QB and he isn't capable of picking a good QB.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The article does make Keim look like a dufus. In it he's gushing about Rosen and how he hasn't been this excited about a QB in 20 years and he goes on and on and then this year he makes similar comments about Murray. Makes me believe Keim has no idea on how to judge a QB and he isn't capable of picking a good QB.

In Keims defense, QB evaluation is tough.

Bill Walsh gushed about Giovanni Carmazzi and passed on Tom Brady.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Okay, so, it's not 100%, lock it in stone, true. But can't you admit there's a VERY GOOD chance, with a lot of evidence pointing to it, that Keim pursued and offered an extraordinarily large, if not fully guaranteed, contract to Cousins, because multiple trustworthy sources reported it?

I'm not being Mitch here and pretending Keim and Bidwill dislike each other because Keim's eyebrow raised funky in a press conference, I am referencing multiple sources from an industry that is paid to do this professionally.

There is a chance. I've literally said that 4 or 5 times.

But it's not guaranteed.

And quoting the Cardinals website is laughable. Their writers know nothing more than you and I and what they see occasionally. It's one of the more frustrating aspects of being a Cardinals fan, the insiders don't know much.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There is a chance. I've literally said that 4 or 5 times.

But it's not guaranteed.

And quoting the Cardinals website is laughable. Their writers know nothing more than you and I and what they see occasionally. It's one of the more frustrating aspects of being a Cardinals fan, the insiders don't know much.
Okay, it's not guaranteed, but pretending like I'm a jackass for saying Kirk Cousins was someone I wanted, when it's pretty clear the Cardinals wanted him too, is silly. In the context of the argument, which is Keim's evaluations of QBs and whether or not he was just being savvy enough to know Kyler was going to be the best, I'm just trying to tell you we came very close to a situation where Keim would have been completely stuck not taking your boy.

I guess I'm really just saying, just because I once liked Cousins (and still think he'll rebound), doesn't mean you can dismiss my football knowledge. Our team was very likely prepared to make him the future, and it would have been a big mistake.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Okay, it's not guaranteed, but pretending like I'm a jackass for saying Kirk Cousins was someone I wanted, when it's pretty clear the Cardinals wanted him too, is silly. In the context of the argument, which is Keim's evaluations of QBs and whether or not he was just being savvy enough to know Kyler was going to be the best, I'm just trying to tell you we came very close to a situation where Keim would have been completely stuck not taking your boy.

I guess I'm really just saying, just because I once liked Cousins (and still think he'll rebound), doesn't mean you can dismiss my football knowledge. Our team was very likely prepared to make him the future, and it would have been a big mistake.

It's not pretty clear the Cardinals wanted him. Holy crap. It was RUMORED.

Rebound? He's never been a winner. What we saw from Cousins is his career arc.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's not pretty clear the Cardinals wanted him. Holy crap. It was RUMORED.

Rebound? He's never been a winner. What we saw from Cousins is his career arc.
Dude, it’s not “rumored” when the Cardinals website talks about it, and when multiple sources go so far out of their way to explain that it’s a fully guaranteed contract matching the Vikings. You’re failing to see the difference between one guy on a message board saying Adrian Peterson is going to be traded on a Tuesday, and multiple plugged in, professional reporting sources putting their reputation on the line to say an offer was made but ultimately Cousins chose someone else.

That is reporting. These aren’t farces someone pulled out of their ass.

As far as Cousins “rebounding,” clearly you’ve forgotten they were a top 5 offense to start off the season and tailed off, resulting in the loss of their OC. Cousins is not a terrible QB. He’s in the middle of the pack, and not worth that contract, but it’s not like he’s Max Hall.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It would really be awesome if the pro-Murray and anti-Murray guys could all get together for a game of flag football, or basketball or something.

Get some pushing and shoving going.

It'd be fun, and we wouldn't dislike each other so much afterwards. :)

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

When you take a look at our cap last year I think any offer to cousins was pure window dressing.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
When you take a look at our cap last year I think any offer to cousins was pure window dressing.
We had the room to make the move. That was also covered. We restructured players and the way it worked out was to shift some of the money to this year.

We wouldn’t have gotten anything else but rookies and would have been terrible, but it would have worked.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had the room to make the move. That was also covered. We restructured players and the way it worked out was to shift some of the money to this year.

We wouldn’t have gotten anything else but rookies and would have been terrible, but it would have worked.
Perhaps. But how much success would Cousins have had last year on this team. And imagine the limited cap space we would have this year.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Perhaps. But how much success would Cousins have had last year on this team. And imagine the limited cap space we would have this year.
Oh, it would have been terrible. I would have been SO wrong. But keep this in mind, I was also convinced we couldn’t get a QB besides the 5th in the draft, and I thought last year’s team still had a good amount of talent.

I was wrong, no doubt. But with the mix of dead cap money between Bradford and Rosen, we’re still in pretty bad shape.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, it would have been terrible. I would have been SO wrong. But keep this in mind, I was also convinced we couldn’t get a QB besides the 5th in the draft, and I thought last year’s team still had a good amount of talent.

I was wrong, no doubt. But with the mix of dead cap money between Bradford and Rosen, we’re still in pretty bad shape.
I wanted Cousins too. And the minute we signed Glennon and then Bradford I personally wrote off the season. I think Rosen would have benefited sitting for a year but that experience will probably help him in the long run.

Looking back Cousins had thielan, Diggs and Randolph to go along with a decent o- line and couldn’t get them to the playoffs. He probably wouldn’t have made it thru the year here.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes a lot of us would have been wrong. The big difference is you’re going to be wrong two years in a row! Lol! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose