Wow. What Joe Thomas said.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I never once said their OL was not going to get drafted, and being drafted does not confirm you are a NFL caliber player till you prove you are one. I said I question whether or not that whole line was that good or if possibly Murray had something to do with making certain members appear to be thought of as so. I think it goes both ways, and Kyler might be responsible for such a large percentage of that line being drafted as much as they played a role for him. One of those what came first, the chicken or the egg

4 of the 5 linemen he played with last season are pro caliber, because they're playing professionally right now.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
4 of the 5 linemen he played with last season are pro caliber, because they're playing professionally right now.

I knew you where going to go there with that one, so let's then be more exact by saying all those guys are probably not going to be great pros and worth their drafting lol

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I think a couple of his quotes are kind of interesting:

"Our offense is all about timing, so we can be in a deep-step throw and the (defensive) guys might think it's a run play," the right tackle said. "But I think that coach Kliff, he does a great job so far seeing that no matter what the down and distance is, he's going to get the ball out. He's going to make sure he has the right call, and the guys are going to feel comfortable."

"Because we're going so fast, we can see everything, we can see the field, it's more so the defense trying to get set," Gilbert noted. "Most of the time they can't get set because we're moving so fast. (Murray) is made for this offense and I think we have to do a lot of catching up to make him feel comfortable and do our job as an offensive line and stay out there and protect K1."

It gives us a small hint of what the offense might be like. The "going so fast" part might scare alot of people and draw more Chip Kelly comparisons.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"We've been loving it as an offensive line," Gilbert said earlier this week, via the team. "Like I said, this offense is offensive-line friendly, just because you don't know what's going to happen ... what No. 1 (QB Kyler Murray) is going to do with the ball

o_O

So basically the OL isn't accountable for anything because they have no idea what is going to happen on a play? "Hey coach, it's not my fault, I had no idea what Murray was going to do"

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
o_O

So basically the OL isn't accountable for anything because they have no idea what is going to happen on a play? "Hey coach, it's not my fault, I had no idea what Murray was going to do"

I think he's saying because the defense doesn't know what's going to happen. That would go back to what Joe Thomas said about the uncertainty buying the OL extra time.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm not sure which side of this debate is worse for me:
  • Waiting for the 1st round knowing Kyler was the best player in the entire draft.
  • Waiting for the season now that we have Kyler.

Everyone needs to chill out..... the kid is going to be a flat out stud.

And I'm convinced he's already going to be ahead of Baker from the jump.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm not sure which side of this debate is worse for me:
  • Waiting for the 1st round knowing Kyler was the best player in the entire draft.
  • Waiting for the season now that we have Kyler.

Everyone needs to chill out..... the kid is going to be a flat out stud.

And I'm convinced he's already going to be ahead of Baker from the jump.
:beer:

I'll have whatever delusions you're having please.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You don't need to be an NFL starter to be "NFL caliber."

Find me another team with 4 draftees in one season. It took Alabama 3 drafts to get to that number, and they're a dominant program at the position. Kyler had them all at once.
Eh his point is that draftability doesn’t equate to being nfl caliber. Buster Davis was drafted in the second round. He didn’t end up being nfl caliber.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
“They’re playing right now” come on, that’s maybe the most disingenuous line I’ve read in a long time. None have played a single down of professional ball. And it’s possible none ever do.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
LOL. “I think my boss is doing a GREAT JOB. I’ve been working for almost two weeks!”

No one should be taking victory laps or counting chickens right now.
Yes, we should keep discounting professionals opinions and believe K9 instead you fools! Why believe joe Thomas and an actual playing offensive lineman who is now familiar with the actual offense?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Eh his point is that draftability doesn’t equate to being nfl caliber. Buster Davis was drafted in the second round. He didn’t end up being nfl caliber.
The point is, they're well regarded enough that an NFL team took a chance on them, against many other players. Sure, they're not necessarily going to be starting NFL players, but it's clear they did enough to be highly regarded.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
“They’re playing right now” come on, that’s maybe the most disingenuous line I’ve read in a long time. None have played a single down of professional ball. And it’s possible none ever do.

It's funny that he faults Murray for this but when I threw out all the really good players Luck played with a Stanford he shrugged it off.

It wouldnt surprise me if NONE of Murray's teammates amount to anything in the NFL. When you go back and look at draft classes 4-5 years later most of the players are out of the NFL.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yes, we should keep discounting professionals opinions and believe K9 instead you fools! Why believe joe Thomas and an actual playing offensive lineman who is now familiar with the actual offense?

I’m still waiting for all that positive press about the Cards offseason you were just about to post.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's funny that he faults Murray for this but when I threw out all the really good players Luck played with a Stanford he shrugged it off.

It wouldnt surprise me if NONE of Murray's teammates amount to anything in the NFL. When you go back and look at draft classes 4-5 years later most of the players are out of the NFL.
You think Luck's talent at Stanford matched Murray's at Oklahoma? Lol.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Uh there are like 8 NFL players on his offense. Go look at the roster...Luck had a ton of NFL talent around him.
Luck actively played in the NCAA for three years, so which year are we talking about?

Kyler’s shared offensive talent was nuts.
And I didn't say "matched"...

#readingcomprehensionfail #yousuckatthisgame
So what’s the point of bringing it up? Part of the concern with Murray is that the talent around him was so great that it’s hard to see how much he can elevate the game of lesser players.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Luck actively played in the NCAA for three years, so which year are we talking about?

Kyler’s shared offensive talent was nuts.

So what’s the point of bringing it up? Part of the concern with Murray is that the talent around him was so great that it’s hard to see how much he can elevate the game of lesser players.

Because Kerouac was comparing him to Luck.

Luck didnt have to elevate talent either because his team was STACKED.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The point is, they're well regarded enough that an NFL team took a chance on them, against many other players. Sure, they're not necessarily going to be starting NFL players, but it's clear they did enough to be highly regarded.
Regard lasts until the first snap of the regular season. Then it’s what have you done for me lately. So let’s not jump to calling them nfl players until they’ve actually proven it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose