Vance Joseph and the defense thread

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Going back to a 3-4
down one pro bowler CB for the first weeks of the season.

let's see how he does.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There is an odd silence about this guy. Not being in the draft room, not being talked about, etc.
I thought that was weird also, maybe he knew the Cardinals would take alot of offensive players & didn't feel like he needed to be there? Maybe he had something going on & was excused by the FO?

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is an odd silence about this guy. Not being in the draft room, not being talked about, etc.
Agree about the odd silence... but was Bettcher in the draft room? Previous coordinators? I don't recall, but wouldn't expect it. As long as he was involved in setting the draft board, I don't see why he'd need to be in the draft room.

...dave

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the VJ interview. Very intelligent, well spoken, and low key. He wasn't a great HC, but I don't think he was horrible either. The QB position, or lack thereof, really doomed his chances in Denver. If he can resurrect himself in AZ, I definitely see this guy getting another HC job at some point in time. Our offense will be light years better than last year, so this year's D won't be on the field to the same extent as they were last year. That alone will result in a turnaround on D. Losing PP21 for 6 games sucks, but I like the fact that VJ cut his teeth coaching DB's. If he creates one of the better defenses in the conference, he could be a HC again 2-3 years down the road. I like him, and hope he gets another shot.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
The part I found most interesting was when asked about a player to keep our eyes on, he immediately fawned over Dennis “The Barbarian” Gardeck. VJ mentioned how he’s 6’2”, runs a 4.5, and possesses heavy hands for a backer.

Sounds to me like they expect big things from Gardeck and not all that concerned about ILB depth behind Hicks & Reddick. Let’s not forget they have Joe Walker and also picked up Tanner Vallejo, who was highly desired by several teams on the waiver wire.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The part I found most interesting was when asked about a player to keep our eyes on, he immediately fawned over Dennis “The Barbarian” Gardeck. VJ mentioned how he’s 6’2”, runs a 4.5, and possesses heavy hands for a backer.

Sounds to me like they expect big things from Gardeck and not all that concerned about ILB depth behind Hicks & Reddick. Let’s not forget they have Joe Walker and also picked up Tanner Vallejo, who was highly desired by several teams on the waiver wire.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/pat-tillman-esque-dennis-gardeck-more-than-just-bubble-boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of the Cardinals War Room. I recognized MB, SK and KK. But there were three or four other guys that I didn't recognize, though one might have been Mark Dalton. Does anyone know?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Speaking of the Cardinals War Room. I recognized MB, SK and KK. But there were three or four other guys that I didn't recognize, though one might have been Mark Dalton. Does anyone know?

Grigson was there. He was the one who Keim was talking to after picking Murray. He said something like "Murray is going to light that stadium on fire."

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does director of player personnel compare to assistant director of player personnel and vice president of player personnel?
Director is likely below vice and above assistant.

Sent from MrYeahBut's phone using Tapatalk

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You don't snort crack, fyi

Sent from MrYeahBut's phone using Tapatalk
He was probably snorting Wilks crack lol. He damn sure knew nothing about calling a defense. Poor Browns, they are supposed to be good this yr, but Steve Wilks is their new DC to pin their hopes on. Just wait till they see the deer in the headlights look when the Bengals, Steelers & Ravens are lighting them up lol. I have a good friend whom is a big Browns fan, he wants us to go to a sports bar & watch the Cardinals/Browns game this yr. I agreed but warned him about how terrible Wilks is, can't wait till the game to say "I told you so" lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose