Kyler Murray in 5 Years

Where will Kyler Rank in 5 Years?

• Total voters

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
What will his career look like in 5 years?

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think there's any way he goes down as average.
It'll either be a great situation, or clearly busted. Nothing about his history, game, or skillset says 'average'.

He's coming into about as good a situation for him personally as is possible. Hopefully he can take the baton and run like wild.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very few QB's are world beater Brees/Brady types so I don't see him going that route. There's more of a chance of him being a bust than being in that class. However, as long as he stays healthy, I see him as a Cam Newton type or even a Jake Plummer who's exciting to watch but won't light the world on fire. Career wise I see him closer to a Phillip Rivers who will keep you competitive. I don't see him as another Matt Leinart either. He'll have a career but whether or not he's successful depends on the tools around him. So, all of that said, I pick somewhere between options 2 & 3 but closer to 2. Remember, you don't have to be a top 5 QB to be a SB QB. There are plenty of examples supporting that.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
One of the reasons teams don’t like to choose QBs in the first round let alone #1 is the high rate of failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The funny thing is, I think "average QB" is just as bad as major bust.

Like, if the guy is a middle of the road starter, we F'd up.
Joe Flacco is an average QB and he has a SB ring. Same as Nick Foles. I also believe Russell Wilson to be a slightly above average QB and his numbers support that and he has a ring and went to 2 SB's. Hell, aside from Brady, players like Aaron Rogers, Brett Favre, Payton Manning, Drew Brees, all who are considered elite QB's all have 1 ring to speak of each. Yes Manning won another in Denver but if you think they won because of him you're nuts. He only won 1 while in his prime. Even the one he won was only because his opposing QB was Rex Grossman. In short, in order to win a title it takes the whole machine, not just one part.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The funny thing is, I think "average QB" is just as bad as major bust.

Like, if the guy is a middle of the road starter, we F'd up.
We may have f’ed up using the #1 pick on. him if he’s only average, but if he’s an average starting nfl qb we are certainly not screwed. In fact, we are still in a good spot (just not as good as we all hoped). I mean, how many years would we have given our left arms for an average nfl qb? The graham, Dave brown, gelbaugh, tupa, Anderson, Skelton, max hall, Blake, gabbert, Stanton, Lindley, Leinart, hogeboom, Schroeder, McMahon, Krieg, case, mckown, king, Navarre, kolb, hoyer, Bradford experiences should have us salivating over an average qb whenever we can get one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No doubt especially considering the hype train around this place.
Actually the hype train has absolutely nothing to do with whether drafting him ends up being a positive or negative to the success of the team.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Joe Flacco is an average QB and he has a SB ring. Same as Nick Foles. I also believe Russell Wilson to be a slightly above average QB and his numbers support that and he has a ring and went to 2 SB's. Hell, aside from Brady, players like Aaron Rogers, Brett Favre, Payton Manning, Drew Brees, all who are considered elite QB's all have 1 ring to speak of each. Yes Manning won another in Denver but if you think they won because of him you're nuts. He only won 1 while in his prime. Even the one he won was only because his opposing QB was Rex Grossman. In short, in order to win a title it takes the whole machine, not just one part.

Uh, sure? Why would I disagree with that? But if we were looking to build a team around an average QB, why not just keep Rosen?

The point of drafting Murray was for a transcendent QB whose talent would mask the inadequacies of the rest of the team, and raise us to another level.

I guess everything overall will be a success if Kyler gets benched for Brett Hundley for the playoff run and then wins the Super Bowl with Jordan Hicks as the MVP, but that's not the expectation.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We may have f’ed up using the #1 pick on. him if he’s only average, but if he’s an average starting nfl qb we are certainly not screwed. In fact, we are still in a good spot (just not as good as we all hoped). I mean, how many years would we have given our left arms for an average nfl qb? The graham, Dave brown, gelbaugh, tupa, Anderson, Skelton, max hall, Blake, gabbert, Stanton, Lindley, Leinart, hogeboom, Schroeder, McMahon, Krieg, case, mckown, king, Navarre, kolb, hoyer, Bradford experiences should have us salivating over an average qb whenever we can get one.

If we don't make the playoffs or are one and done once in five years, are we really going to go "well at least he isn't Dave Krieg?"

The expectations here have to be higher because of the investment, and what we gave away.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If we don't make the playoffs or are one and done once in five years, are we really going to go "well at least he isn't Dave Krieg?"

The expectations here have to be higher because of the investment, and what we gave away.
My desires are always playoffs. But I’m realistic to recognize that with football that’s dependent upon more than one player.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose