This Week's OTA's

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda weird that he doesn’t even know if they’ll show up, no?
He seems like a guy that does not discuss personal business and instead deflects.

I have zero issue with it. Ultimately, if the guy ended up not earning a starting spot and hit the bench for missing time, that speaks more than anything he says at a presser.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think it's more about how Kingsbury treats the importance level of them showing up as vets for OTAs, which the vets and coaching staff really do not seem concerned about at all. One might have a point about wanting them to show up with their smiling determine faces but the reality to me is what these cats look like game one, not preseason... and hopefully they do not look like crap because of this absence

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don’t give a damn if vets don’t show up to OTAs, especially 7+ year ones.
More excuses and kool-aid.

When your leaders don't show up for their brand new, new-system installing coach, it's a concern.

I'm not panicking just yet, but when Larry doesn't show up... wtf is going on?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Maybe Kliff is a bit more lenient then previous coaching regimes..
Good for him, awful idea for successful football.

If a 35 year old Larry Fitzgerald had skipped the 4th year of OTAs with Arians, cool, fine, whatever. Watching the greatest player this franchise has ever had, who has basically had zero character issues and is known for his tireless work ethic not show up to get the first snaps he can in a new offense, and work with the rookies?

I'm sure hoping there's a decent reason, and that Larry isn't struggling with the same issues a lot of former players keep bringing up.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

When your leaders don't show up for their brand new, new-system installing coach, it's a concern.

......Who am excusing & whose kool-aid am I drinking?

That applies to any one under any damn coach, new or 10+ years in.

You can get all worked up over a glorified 3 day workout, but I won’t find the time of the day to do so.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
......Who am excusing & whose kool-aid am I drinking?

That applies to any one under any damn coach, new or 10+ years in.

You can get all worked up over a glorified 3 day workout, but I won’t find the time of the day to do so.
It's part of the bigger picture. We've gone at it over enough threads for me to feel like we've got the eternal optimists about Kyler and Kliff, and you've been one of them. If I'm off, let me know, I'm not trying to be an ass.

It just seems like we get a lot of "oh that doesn't matter" and "well I don't care" from people lately on things that are pretty standard football things.

There's certainly no way to paint this as a positive. DJ gets an excuse. Patrick Peterson is being awful and isn't doing anything to show he wants to be here. Suggs is a guy we supposedly signed for his leadership, and he can't be bothered to show up to do that? Larry is the most scary unless he has an excuse, which of course he can hold close to his chest.

Did any key players besides D-Weed miss any voluntary OTAs in Arians' first year?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's part of the bigger picture. We've gone at it over enough threads for me to feel like we've got the eternal optimists about Kyler and Kliff, and you've been one of them. If I'm off, let me know, I'm not trying to be an ass.

It just seems like we get a lot of "oh that doesn't matter" and "well I don't care" from people lately on things that are pretty standard football things.

There's certainly no way to paint this as a positive. DJ gets an excuse. Patrick Peterson is being awful and isn't doing anything to show he wants to be here. Suggs is a guy we supposedly signed for his leadership, and he can't be bothered to show up to do that? Larry is the most scary unless he has an excuse, which of course he can hold close to his chest.

Did any key players besides D-Weed miss any voluntary OTAs in Arians' first year?
I’m not sure what Kliff or Kyler has to do with this. Wilks could still be here & I would say the same exact thing. I’m not painting it as a positive. I’m not painting it as a negative. I’m not painting it as neutral. It’s whatever to the highest form. I know if a certain QB was here, you wouldn’t have had a problem with what I said, though.

It’s a glorified workout for 3 days. I’m sorry I cannot be bothered by dudes not showing up to something that’s not even mandatory.

I don’t care enough to know who missed any OTAs in Arians’ rookie year. Or KW’s rookie year. Or Wilks’ rookie year. You’re probably not even going to remember this in a week.

Hopefully they miss the rest of the OTAs so you can continue to get bothered over something so little.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I’m not sure what Kliff or Kyler has to do with this. Wilks could still be here & I would say the same exact thing. I’m not painting it as a positive. I’m not painting it as a negative. I’m not painting it as neutral. It’s whatever to the highest form. I know if a certain QB was here, you wouldn’t have had a problem with what I said, though.

It’s a glorified workout for 3 days. I’m sorry I cannot be bothered by dudes not showing up to something that’s not even mandatory.

I don’t care enough to know who missed any OTAs in Arians’ rookie year. Or KW’s rookie year. Or Wilks’ rookie year. You’re probably not even going to remember this in a week.

Hopefully they miss the rest of the OTAs so you can continue to get bothered over something so little.
Has nothing to do with the QB. I want all of our guys in the playbook and invested in our new coach.

If the offense sputters out of the gate and we go 0-6 to start, I sure am going to remember all of the names that aren't Patrick Peterson that didn't show.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with the QB. I want all of our guys in the playbook and invested in our new coach.

If the offense sputters out of the gate and we go 0-6 to start, I sure am going to remember all of the names that aren't Patrick Peterson that didn't show.
Do you remember who didn’t show up to OTAs last year when we started 1-6 last season?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Do you remember who didn’t show up to OTAs last year when we started 1-6 last season?
I sure do remember that Sam Bradford sat out most of it because of his busted knee, which was similarly concerning.

In fact, short of him, pretty much everyone participated, even DJ, who was going to hold out for a contract extension.

Are you really trying to defend players not participating?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It’s beyond me how anyone can defend David Johnson, of all people, who got a huge payday and promptly laid an absolute egg — complete with Mental errors that kept him off the field in a 4th down situation — skipping practices.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It’s beyond me how anyone can defend David Johnson, of all people, who got a huge payday and promptly laid an absolute egg — complete with Mental errors that kept him off the field in a 4th down situation — skipping practices.
He's actually the only one I can defend... he just had a kid.

PP? No way.

Suggs and Fitz? I'll believe the best and assume there's something serious and personal that the public doesn't have any right to know.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I sure do remember that Sam Bradford sat out most of it because of his busted knee, which was similarly concerning.

In fact, short of him, pretty much everyone participated, even DJ, who was going to hold out for a contract extension.

Are you really trying to defend players not participating?
So I guess everyone participating didn’t really matter in the long run last year.

You can call it what you want.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
So I guess everyone participating didn’t really matter in the long run last year.

You can call it what you want.
Yeah, I'm going to call it what I want. A front office that is generating a ton of ill will from former and current players, who pushed all of their chips in on the table on a young, previously fired head coach who has exactly one of his top five players attending organized activities. And of all of those top guys, it happens to be one he's probably not even going to bother coaching.

I'm going to call it the early signs of a disaster.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to call it what I want. A front office that is generating a ton of ill will from former and current players, who pushed all of their chips in on the table on a young, previously fired head coach who has exactly one of his top five players attending organized activities. And of all of those top guys, it happens to be one he's probably not even going to bother coaching.

I guess.

Something tells me you’re secretly rooting for it, too.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He will be there

Sent from MrYeahBut's phone using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I guess.

Something tells me you’re secretly rooting for it, too.
The more and more I start to become convinced that Keim is the common link to all of our problems, the more I start to root for a quick end to his era. I loved Keim, and now something seems off. There's a lot of smoke leading me to fire.

He will be there

Sent from MrYeahBut's phone using Tapatalk
I don't doubt it, but I can't help but be concerned when the most dedicated guy this team has ever seen is avoiding the work.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Lord I hope not? It is concerning yes but hopefully they all have a very good reason for not being there? One would think with a new coaching staff, all the players (especially the stars of the team) would want every rep they can absorb in the new system?

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
You heard it here first: DJ Humphries will have a stellar season protecting KM and will stay injury-free for the first time. Gets a big payday somewhere else as the most valuable OL FA at the premium LT position and continues the tradition of being a Cardinals 1st round pick not getting a 2nd contract with us...

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury excited Kyler Murray’s only playing football
Kyler Murray[/a] with the first overall pick in this year’s draft and he earned a good review from one of the guys who will be blocking for him in the fall.' data-reactid="13">The Cardinals had their full team on the practice field Monday for the first time since they selected quarterback Kyler Murray with the first overall pick in this year’s draft and he earned a good review from one of the guys who will be blocking for him in the fall.

D.J. Humphries[/a] said that Murray was “calm, cool, collected and electric” leading the offense on the first day of organized team activities. Being calm, cool and collected is helped by the fact that Murray is familiar with the system that head coach Kliff Kingsbury is running on offense, but there’s going to be more space for the rookie to grow before the season.' data-reactid="14">Tackle D.J. Humphries said that Murray was “calm, cool, collected and electric” leading the offense on the first day of organized team activities. Being calm, cool and collected is helped by the fact that Murray is familiar with the system that head coach Kliff Kingsbury is running on offense, but there’s going to be more space for the rookie to grow before the season.

Kingsbury said on Monday that he’s excited to see how much growth Murray can do now that he’s playing football exclusively rather than splitting time with baseball.
https://sports.yahoo.com/kliff-kingsbury-excited-kyler-murray-102747739.html

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose