Next man up is Brock? Not Murphy.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this time, I would assume that unless the rookie shows in camp that not only is he better athletically but he understands the scheme better and executes better.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between the 2 new FA and the rookie, I expect they will be cb1, cb2 and slot.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would think that Murphy who has been slotted for the slot CB position, will stay in that role. Brock, or someone else will be tried in the PP position. If we were expected to compete for the NFC West title, maybe we'd do things differently.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Prediction for our secondary until Week 7:

You must be registered for see images attach

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who knows at this point. Training camp and the preseason games will determine who starts.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Double edge sword if they start Murphy, since almost all rookies, no matter the talent, get burned early and often, but they have to play to learn

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Double edge sword if they start Murphy, since almost all rookies, no matter the talent, get burned early and often, but they have to play to learn
Ehh idk, Denzel Ward, Marshon Lattimore, Jaire Alexander, William Jackson III, & Jalen Ramsey are all recent CBs that had really good rookie seasons. I think Murphy will fall in that same boat.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Instead of scoring 35 pts/games, we’ll average 45! KM can handle that. It’ll be just like his OU days.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Ehh idk, Denzel Ward, Marshon Lattimore, Jaire Alexander, William Jackson III, & Jalen Ramsey are all recent CBs that had really good rookie seasons. I think Murphy will fall in that same boat.

There is something about his size, not just his height but overall bulk, which concerns me when covering the outside where pro WRs are physical... he also does not have the speed DRC had at a weight disadvantage

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Alford's good. Brock is good. Baker is good. Swearinger is good. We'll be fair back there.

I think Alford without having to battle the sprain last season will be good, Brock is average at best, Baker is average for now playing his actual position but yet to be tested at it at the pro level, and Swearinger is the best of the bunch at his job... but I have the same perception, we will be a average NFL secondary

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That punk not attending OTAs after this just sucks.

I would be tantamount to an apology and the right thing to do. I think he gets traded next offseason or before next offseason's deadline.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Plenty of teams have average CB's. Hell the Panthers started two rookies a few years ago. One player does not make a DF.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
At this time, I would assume that unless the rookie shows in camp that not only is he better athletically but he understands the scheme better and executes better.
So what your saying is he needs to be better!

J/k

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose