Star Wars - Vader vs Obi Wan Duel Reimagined

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my biggest complaints has always been the original Obi vs Vader scene in the first Star Wars. They looked like old men pushing sticks around. The scene was the weakest IMO in all of the movies based on all depictions of the Jedi/Sith throughout all the films.

Then Rogue One came out and showed Vader as this badass which then made this scene look 100 times worse knowing how Vader looked in the final scene of Rogue One.

Here is a fan made re-imagined scene which not only fixes it but blows the original out of the water. Sure there are some quirky things in the CGI and I wouldn't want this to be a final cut or anything but I would love if they would redo that scene in a similar way and put it in the original film.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my biggest complaints has always been the original Obi vs Vader scene in the first Star Wars. They looked like old men pushing sticks around. The scene was the weakest IMO in all of the movies based on all depictions of the Jedi/Sith throughout all the films.

Then Rogue One came out and showed Vader as this badass which then made this scene look 100 times worse knowing how Vader looked in the final scene of Rogue One.

Here is a fan made re-imagined scene which not only fixes it but blows the original out of the water. Sure there are some quirky things in the CGI and I wouldn't want this to be a final cut or anything but I would love if they would redo that scene in a similar way and put it in the original film.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

:thumbup: This popped up in my feed last week and I thought it was great! I meant to post it but got sidetracked.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting..... and very, very well done. Heavy on the action without losing the emotion.

My only tiny little beef with it is that it makes Obi Wan appear weaker. Age seems to have little to do with the ability to utilize the force, as is evidenced by Yoda, who was nearly 900 years old when he faced off against the emperor and this new video seems to play on that. The original battle from A New Hope seemed better balanced between the two rivals, as did the battle from Revenge of the Sith (Anakin only lost because he let his arrogance and anger overpower his fighting skills). Anyway, this fan is nonetheless an outstanding piece. 4.9 out of 5.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting..... and very, very well done. Heavy on the action without losing the emotion.

My only tiny little beef with it is that it makes Obi Wan appear weaker. Age seems to have little to do with the ability to utilize the force, as is evidenced by Yoda, who was nearly 900 years old when he faced off against the emperor and this new video seems to play on that. The original battle from A New Hope seemed better balanced between the two rivals, as did the battle from Revenge of the Sith (Anakin only lost because he let his arrogance and anger overpower his fighting skills). Anyway, this fan is nonetheless an outstanding piece. 4.9 out of 5.

I think the exact opposite. In the original Obi looks like a frail old man not fighting with a lightsaber but pushing a stick around. In fact they both do. It's the worst fight sequence of all the movies.

Rogue One made that scene much worse. If you watch the end of Rogue One Vader looks all powerful as described in so many expansion stories. Then when you watch that scene in Star Wars it doesn't appear to be the same bad-ass character. I think that entire scene plays down to Alec Guinness's age. Even the later duels with Luke in the original trilogy make it clear Vader should have polished off Obi an instant in that first movie.

Obi in this versions is less frail and still powerful in the force. The one scene I was not to keen on was when Vader through him up against the wall. I don't think Obi at his age regardless is coming back from that. That seemed over the top for me but still minor complaint on this badass version.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose