KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Request a trade in middle of season
Publicly apologizes
Cryptic tweets about snakes in grass directed at organization
Busted for PED and masking

What am I missing here?

The Captain wants out, rips team, and gets busted for PED's.

It's all on him.

Crybaby PPat, good riddance, buddy.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He gone in two years anyway, once free agency starts. Unless he screws up again somehow, then he will be gone sooner.

OP
OP
K

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, it seems, a lot of fans default to criticism of organization for not reworking his contract, and Bickley defended him too, welcome back week 7.

Reap what you sow, PPat

He does not want to be here, his trade value is diminished greatly, just a cluster he created.

But he wants to blame others.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it seems, a lot of fans default to criticism of organization for not reworking his contract, and Bickley defended him too, welcome back week 7.

Reap what you sow, PPat

He does not want to be here, his trade value is diminished greatly, just a cluster he created.

But he wants to blame others.

I have not seen anyone criticize the team for not reworking his contract to save him money for failing his drug tests.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who is showing him sympathy? all of his negativity stems from his own actions.
Turn on 98.7.

I made it 5 mins on today’s morning show before I turned it off. Every excuse imaginable was brought up

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turn on 98.7.

I made it 5 mins on today’s morning show before I turned it off. Every excuse imaginable was brought up

I could care less about the morning show hacks. I assumed he meant on this board and I have seen ZERO sympathy on this board.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Turn on 98.7.

Almost as brutal as listening to Gambo breathlessly hype the new Bento Box at Pei Wei, or his "friends" at the Lund Mortgage Team.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
No sympathy unless you are equating not giving him away for pennies on the dollar in trade as sympathy.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't get why PP would think the Cardinals would re-work his contract to cover his suspension costs when he said that he wants to be a FA in two years and refused any talks of an extension.

1. Last year mid-season he demanded a trade
2. Does a 180 at golf tournament claiming he wants to follow Larry's footsteps and be the "Face of the Franchise" (he probably knew then about the PED suspension)
3. Tells Keim to rework his contract so he wouldn't have to take a hit financially for the suspension but won't agree to an extension

PP has made millions from the Cardinals and is showing his true colors with his actions contradicting his words.

Great player, but a narcissistic greedy diva.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There’s not sympathy, there are apologists. Different. Apologists refuse to believe their team can ever do any wrong and perform mental gymnastics to find any way to absolve their team and players of wrong doing.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
There’s not sympathy, there are apologists. Different. Apologists refuse to believe their team can ever do any wrong and perform mental gymnastics to find any way to absolve their team and players of wrong doing.
Of course there is a possibility that PP taking the banned suppliment was simply a mistake, but we also doon't have proof that it was.

He should just accept that he messed up and he should accept that he will lose some money as well.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The league has to approve of all contracts, and would never approve of a coordinated restructuring solely for the purpose of avoiding the financial impact of his fine/lost pay for suspension. He wants to go full Boldin.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The league has to approve of all contracts, and would never approve of a coordinated restructuring solely for the purpose of avoiding the financial impact of his fine/lost pay for suspension. He wants to go full Boldin.

D Wash had the same mentality when he was trying to get back into the league.

I just don't get what PP was thinking.

Reaction score
Of course there is a possibility that PP taking the banned suppliment was simply a mistake, but we also doon't have proof that it was.

He should just accept that he messed up and he should accept that he will lose some money as well.
When you use a masking agent, which Peterson did, it becomes illogical to state "there is a possibility that it was simply a mistake."

These are the facts -
Peterson knowingly used banned substances, then tried to hide that fact. Upon being caught he wanted the Cardinals to lessen his financial penalty, while not willing to give any concession (such as additional years on his contract) in return.

Further Peterson's tone during his "apology" statement was less than forthright, making statements such as, "It's just deeply disappointing that I'm attached to something like this" and "Sorry, what broke out today." He doesn't appear to even be accepting of his guilt in the issue.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you use a masking agent, which Peterson did, it becomes illogical to state "there is a possibility that it was simply a mistake."

These are the facts -
Peterson knowingly used banned substances, then tried to hide that fact. Upon being caught he wanted the Cardinals to lessen his financial penalty, while not willing to give any concession (such as additional years on his contract) in return.

Further Peterson's tone during his "apology" statement was less than forthright, making statements such as, "It's just deeply disappointing that I'm attached to something like this" and "Sorry, what broke out today." He doesn't appear to even be accepting of his guilt in the issue.
yep. Distanced himself from his mistake instead of owning it.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Not sympathetic and I’m obviously disappointed, but I fail to see the need to scold him like the OP and others have done. He did nothing to me personally and I don’t know the full story behind his situation.

Hope he balls out starting Week 7 and signs an extension

Last edited:

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Agree with most of you with he knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he put the PED's in his system...thus the masking agent.

I don't care for his entitled attitude 'as perceived' right now. 6 games is no joke to hang your team out to dry for your selfishness.

Statements made by Peterson at his presser...
'Sorry what broke out today'
'deeply disappointed it had to come out today, but it did'
'deeply disappointed I'm attached to something like this'

He's known about his 'bust' for months according to PP's statement.

Re: 98.7 I listened for years, but about 8 months ago I quit. i couldn't take Wolf's over ego'd opinions on the NFL, his total ignorance on the NBA and how dumb his 'Pantera Call Out' became...or is probably to this date. Doug was alright, but in the end I quit.

If you're looking for a GREAT morning show, look up the podcast 'The Billy Madison Show.' I've been listening every morning for 8 months and it's awesome!!!!! You'll laugh your rear off...and they move quickly through topics. Go download it now

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

These are the facts -

Pro athletes can become delusional pretty quick. I mean how many guys get busted and try to cover their tracks yet call the organization paying them snakes? It’s pathetic and unprofessional but talent is talent so we have to deal with it. Do they teach Diva 101 at LSU or something?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Talk (by the team, the League or the perp) is cheap.

Treat Peterson realistically - no excuses; keep him if it's felt he helps the team; dump him if you feel he'll be a liability - on the field, in the community or in the locker room.

Maybe there's a 2 in 10 chance he gets his act together and will turn out to be worth investing in.

Or not (It's the proverbial "football is a business" deal).

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of look at it as “ let he who is free of sin...”. Truth is he hurt himself more than anybody else. It’s not like the defense will only have 10 guys on the field.

He’s accepted responsibility no matter how sincere it appears to anyone. What matters now is how he acts going forward and quite frankly that hasn’t started out to good, I.e. “ I won’t be at ota’s because I have to be a father first. I have to drive my daughter to school and makes sure she gets there and back safely”.

Really. You make 11 million dollars a year. You could hire a personal limo and body guard if necessary. I’d rather he just come out and say I won’t be attending the ota’s without offering up an excuse. He’ll be at mandatory because missing that will cost him more money.

Bottom line is if he comes back and applies himself then welcome back. If he comes back as his recently diva attitude then get what you can for him and move on.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Not sympathetic and I’m obviously disappointed, but I fail to see the need to scold him like the OP and others have done. He did nothing to me personally and I don’t know the full story behind his situation.

Hope he balls out starting Week 7 and signs an extension

This, as long as he's a pro bowl caliber CB when he comes back, who freaking cares. Geez, say the right thing or the wrong thing after you screwed up is simply irrelevant and a waste of time because he is hired to play corner back, but has already faltered, and public speaking has never been something Peterson has done even sort of decent in my opinion. No, I am not going to waste my energy on contemplating 'the right thing' to say... just play lights out when you come back and do not screw up again

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave