• Rui Hachimura

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Culver is the complete head scratcher to me. Average size. Average athlete. Below average 3pt shooter. Okay passer. Okay rebounder. A whole lotta meh.
I am thinking Garret and Ja off the board by our pick. I honestly don't know that much about Culver except he is supposed to be our range. Doesn't really fit a need for us. I am thinking White still there when we pick. Other than that, package pick or move down for PF?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who did they pick for the Suns? I don't want to subscribe.

DeAndre Hunter - they have Garland going to the Lakers.

Here is their order

1. Zion
2. JA
3. RJ Barrett
4. Garland
5. Reddish
6. Hunter
7. Culver
8. Little
9. White
10. Hayes
11. Clarke
12. Roderick Boone
13. Kevin Porter
14. Rui Hachimura

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
6' 7" 225 lbs. Looks more like a two guard in his highlights. Hunter was definitely playing with a PG.

Actually, he is a combo forward, who should be able to play the 4 if his reported 7'2" wingspan is confirmed.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is really sounding like Garland is going to the lakers. I am going to be sick.

Sounds like they want to play him with Lonzo, which probably works since he is more of a scorer than a distributor.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Hunter sounds like BPA at 6th pick. So if we took him and assume he will be a piece or starting PF:

Tyler Johnson 6'4"
Devon Booker 6'6"
Mikal Bridges 6'6"
Deandre Hunter 6'7"
Deandre Ayton 7'1"

Two things, until we know who our PG is going to be, I put TJ for now. Second, that's a pretty switchable team height wise.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hunter sounds like BPA at 6th pick. So if we took him and assume he will be a piece or starting PF:

Tyler Johnson 6'4"
Devon Booker 6'6"
Mikal Bridges 6'6"
Deandre Hunter 6'7"
Deandre Ayton 7'1"

Two things, until we know who our PG is going to be, I put TJ for now. Second, that's a pretty switchable team height wise.

The Suns really need to keep Oubre. He is the third piece alongside Booker and Ayton.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And they need a veteran point guard. Tyler Johnson cannot be allowed to start at the point.

The idea of Johnson starting until Morant is ready is mostly out the window. It's for sure the Suns need a starting point guard. I'd really like to keep Johnson because he can play both guard positions.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might be interesting to see what kind of common characteristics we see in hidden gems in the draft. Since 2014 here are the players.

SGA, Shamet, M Robinson, Trier, Markkanen, John Collins, Kuzma, Sabonis, Brogdon, Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell, Jokic, Dinwiddie.

Some things I notice about these players. Few are fantastic athletes. All have sufficient size and strength to play their NBA position. They tend to be overlooked because of a more prominent teammate, mid sized school, international, or because they are upperclassmen. All produced decent numbers in one way or another. The production was there. You could see it if you looked.

I think the lesson to be learned, draft players that have skills that will translate to the NBA, e.g., shooting, passing and rebounding.

As you mentioned previously, Shamorie Ponds might be one of those players in the second round.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the lesson to be learned, draft players that have skills that will translate to the NBA, e.g., shooting, passing and rebounding.

As you mentioned previously, Shamorie Ponds might be one of those players in the second round.
Ponds will not go unknown until draft day. He will start to move up draft boards soon. He is too good, too smart.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ponds will not go unknown until draft day. He will start to move up draft boards soon. He is too good, too smart.

Yeah he's already getting a lot of talk and a nod as a draft climber.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
6' 7" 225 lbs. Looks more like a two guard in his highlights. Hunter was definitely playing with a PG.
Are those official measurements? I thought I heard that he backed it of the combine last second so he wasn’t going to be there.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
And they need a veteran point guard. Tyler Johnson cannot be allowed to start at the point.
I guess I a more ready to have a rookie PG. I watched almost every Magic Johnson game. Maurice Cheeks hit the ground running. If you have a good rookie PG there's no reason they cannot take the reigns.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Those are google measurements.
I was bummed when he backed out of the combine. I’ve been super curious about his official height as well as wingspan.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

With not a lot of cream at the top of this draft, this might be the draft to trade down or trade the pick for a future pick.

I like some later picks in this draft.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I guess I a more ready to have a rookie PG. I watched almost every Magic Johnson game. Maurice Cheeks hit the ground running. If you have a good rookie PG there's no reason they cannot take the reigns.

No point guard in this draft, including Morant, Garland and White, is capable of that.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With not a lot of cream at the top of this draft, this might be the draft to trade down or trade the pick for a future pick.

I like some later picks in this draft.

Really? As bad as we need a pg...trade out?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? As bad as we need a pg...trade out?

It's not really an option unless a trade that includes a point guard presents itself.

I'm only saying there is talent later on in the draft. If the Suns already had a starting point guard, I wouldn't be afraid to roll the dice.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose