• Rui Hachimura

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There’s a cognitive dissonance between finding the #6 disappointing and expecting to find a good trade. It’s only going to work if another team falls in love with someone we definitely don’t want, but whom Chicago or Atlanta might.

I’m not against trading back, but not for its own sake and only when the Suns are on he clock.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There’s a cognitive dissonance between finding the #6 disappointing and expecting to find a good trade. It’s only going to work if another team falls in love with someone we definitely don’t want, but whom Chicago or Atlanta might.

I’m not against trading back, but not for its own sake and only when the Suns are on he clock.
There will be some good wings available at 6. The third best player in this draft will be picked 6 or later. Its just a likely thing. One of the top 3 will disappoint (my money is on RJ), and there is always a gem later. Now is the time to look for the later gem--Booker, Laurie, Giannis, etc.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted for White and Hunter. I'm hesitant to vote for Garland because of the knee injury.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There will be some good wings available at 6. The third best player in this draft will be picked 6 or later. Its just a likely thing. One of the top 3 will disappoint (my money is on RJ), and there is always a gem later. Now is the time to look for the later gem--Booker, Laurie, Giannis, etc.

I agree. Now is the time to expand the pool of draft candidates rather than just looking at the ones slated to go around #6.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Coby White, and Culver for me. Culver is a bit of a reach at number 6, but he has the most NBA ready game. I see so many guys that want Lavar Ball, and white is better imho than Ball. Just take White with the pick and be done with it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree. Now is the time to expand the pool of draft candidates rather than just looking at the ones slated to go around #6.
It might be interesting to see what kind of common characteristics we see in hidden gems in the draft. Since 2014 here are the players.

SGA, Shamet, M Robinson, Trier, Markkanen, John Collins, Kuzma, Sabonis, Brogdon, Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell, Jokic, Dinwiddie.

Some things I notice about these players. Few are fantastic athletes. All have sufficient size and strength to play their NBA position. They tend to be overlooked because of a more prominent teammate, mid sized school, international, or because they are upperclassmen. All produced decent numbers in one way or another. The production was there. You could see it if you looked.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
In a sh*t draft like this sign me up for a high floor guy like Clarke who’s a fearless rebounder/defender. FTR I think Garland will be off the board by the time he blows up workouts.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In a sh*t draft like this sign me up for a high floor guy like Clarke who’s a fearless rebounder/defender. FTR I think Garland will be off the board by the time he blows up workouts.
Its the safe pick. He is not going to be a bust.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coby White, and Culver for me. Culver is a bit of a reach at number 6, but he has the most NBA ready game. I see so many guys that want Lavar Ball, and white is better imho than Ball. Just take White with the pick and be done with it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest you're talking about some other Ball?

I'm not convinced on Lonzo but I'm not in love with White (yet) and I'm definitely not interested in Culver. I lean towards Clarke but I'm hoping someone wows us in workouts and combine data.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It might be interesting to see what kind of common characteristics we see in hidden gems in the draft. Since 2014 here are the players.

SGA, Shamet, M Robinson, Trier, Markkanen, John Collins, Kuzma, Sabonis, Brogdon, Devin Booker, Donovan Mitchell, Jokic, Dinwiddie.

Some things I notice about these players. Few are fantastic athletes. All have sufficient size and strength to play their NBA position. They tend to be overlooked because of a more prominent teammate, mid sized school, international, or because they are upperclassmen. All produced decent numbers in one way or another. The production was there. You could see it if you looked.
Sounds suspiciously like Coby White.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
'Sorry, but I voted for Other -- meaning trade the pick for a vet.

Why? Do you really want to put the offense in the hands of a rookie?

Why not draft a Power Forward? We have none on the roster? It should be easier for him to fit in
than a Point Guard.
Who's to say that we would have to put the offense in their hands in year 1? They could still draft one of the rookies and bring in an older player to act as a stop gap for a year or two. I don't imagine that the #6 pick in this draft has a ton of value so I don't expect it will be used to get us a great PG anyways.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Trade down and take Charles Bassey. Similar to Mitchell Robinson but with more range. Would say take Bol but foot problems concern me, if given a clean bill of health he would be my pick.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't dislike Culver, but I find it hard to come up with a good reason why the Phoenix Suns would take him at #6.
Me too, barring not resigning Oubre and trading a lot of our guys prior to the draft?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't dislike Culver, but I find it hard to come up with a good reason why the Phoenix Suns would take him at #6.

The reason would be nobody else wants the pick, Garland was already picked, and he is better than White.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The reason would be nobody else wants the pick, Garland was already picked, and he is better than White.
But is BPA the way to go? We need a point guard. Drafting a SG that is destined to only be a backup due to Devin Booker seems counter-productive to me. He's 6'6" so I'm not sure he would be an adequate 3 if that is what you are thinking. Kelly Oubre is 6'7" but I'm not convinced that Culver will be as good or better than him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But is BPA the way to go? We need a point guard. Drafting a SG that is destined to only be a backup due to Devin Booker seems counter-productive to me. He's 6'6" so I'm not sure he would be an adequate 3 if that is what you are thinking. Kelly Oubre is 6'7" but I'm not convinced that Culver will be as good or better than him.

Not really, but it's better than picking White just because he is a PG.

I really don't like white. I would pick someone like Clarke or even bol bol over him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Clarke measured 6-8.25 in shoes with a 6-8.25 wingspan. That is a T-Rex for NBA players. He is going to slide further. Those are not good measurements for him. He also weighed 208.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Culver is the complete head scratcher to me. Average size. Average athlete. Below average 3pt shooter. Okay passer. Okay rebounder. A whole lotta meh.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Hmm, that’s interesting. Maybe jerrett falls into that description.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Remove Brandon Clarke

He measured 6‘8 in shoes with a T-Rex 6‘8 wingspan

He is smaller than TJ Warren...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose