• Rui Hachimura

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Curious to see who everyone is leaning toward initially. I allowed two picks to hopefully get a better idea who is leading the field out of the gate. I know a bunch of posters (me included) would like to trade, but let’s keep this thread to selecting a player at #6.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I can't believe Hunter has 3 votes. WHY? WHY!? Reveal yourselves!

Early thought
1. Garland if James Jones is convinced that Rich Paul and his meniscus are no issues
2. Reddish
3. maybe Garland despite his slender frame, injury, Rich Paul and small sample size?
4. Tyler Herro - I am not even kidding. Drafting a potential JJ Reddick at 6 might be the best thing you can actually do in this draft.
5. maybe reach for White despite his dumb hair? It might seem minor but I don't think a true competitor would play with that kind of hair style. Even if cutting it makes you just 0.01% better.

As for the other options

De'Andre Hunter. A wing player that musters barely half a steal and half a block and rebounds poorly is red flag that he won't translate to the NBA. Like I said not even at 32!

Culver - I dont get the fit at all and hope he is not even on the board

Bol Bol - a project center is the last thing we need

Hachimura - his upside is that he could eventually be a backup imo.

Brandon Clarke - already 23, can't shoot, poor defensive rebounder, destined to be a backup center

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
'Sorry, but I voted for Other -- meaning trade the pick for a vet.
Gotta go with one of the two point guards.
Why? Do you really want to put the offense in the hands of a rookie?

Why not draft a Power Forward? We have none on the roster? It should be easier for him to fit in
than a Point Guard.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
'Sorry, but I voted for Other -- meaning trade the pick for a vet.

Why? Do you really want to put the offense in the hands of a rookie?

Why not draft a Power Forward? We have none on the roster? It should be easier for him to fit in
than a Point Guard.
I don't like the power forwards available at 6. Pretty simple. I think our need for a point guard is more important. And I can't forget that Shai G-A was taken with pick 11 last year, so if we DON'T trade it, then I picked what I picked.

I'm also in the camp of wanting to trade it rather than use it, I just don't think we will.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
“Other” means a player not listed... this is a no trade poll.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I can't believe Hunter has 3 votes. WHY? WHY!?

Early thought
1. Reddish
2. Tyler Herro - I am not even kidding. Drafting a potential JJ Reddick at 6 might be the best thing you can actually do in this draft.
3. maybe Garland despite his slender frame, injury, Rich Paul and small sample size?
4. maybe reach for White despite his dumb hair? It might seem minor but I don't think a true competitor would play with that kind of hair style. Even if cutting it makes you just 0.01% better.

As for the other options

De'Andre Hunter. A wing player that musters barely half a steal and half a block and rebounds poorly is red flag that he won't translate to the NBA. Like I said not even at 32!

Culver - I dont get the fit at all and hope he is not even on the board

Bol Bol - a project center is the last thing we need

Hachimura - his upside is that he could eventually be a backup imo.

Brandon Clarke - already 23, can't shoot, poor defensive rebounder, destined to be a backup center
Why, why Reddish? This is already the most D deprived team in the league. Opposition players would get a woody just landing at Sky Harbor.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I know it's early, and it's Bleacher Report of all places, but they've already posted a mock draft and have us drafting Garland.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can't believe Hunter has 3 votes. WHY? WHY!? Reveal yourselves!

He got one of my votes...first was for Garland.

To be honest, it's not so much a vote of confidence for Hunter as it is a lack of confidence in the other options.

I get your point about the red flags, but he did score 27 and get 9 boards in the national championship. He's a good defender who played in a Virginia system that focuses on defense. He shot 52% from the field. He's got solid size and athleticism. I don't think he's a star, but I like his chances to become a usable rotation player on a good NBA team. He's passed the eye test when I've watched him play.

Garland would be my pick if he's there and we can't trade, but I have concerns on him as well.

I still need to be convinced on White (and might end up talking myself into him for lack of other options). Culver seems like an awful fit for this team. And taking a raw "upside" pick seems like a horrible idea for the Suns at this point. That rules out pretty much everyone else I could even stomach taking at the 6th pick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t get the Jarrett stuff. 6’5 so okay size for a Sg. Not a great 3pt shooter. Poor ballhandler. Not a great athlete. Okay passer. I don’t get it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If I have to pick, I go Garland, Hunter, White, in that order, but since I think Garland will be off the board, I voted Hunter and White.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Garland is really the only interesting possibility that MIGHT be there. I guess maybe White too, although I think you drop a tier with him in terms of upside. After that, the rest of the pickings are equally drab in terms of fit and/or potential, pretty much equally through the remainder of the first round.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To keep the talk more positive here and also to see who people don't want to see selected by the Suns, I made a poll with the same players listed here for who you want the Suns to pass on or you would least like for the Suns to pick at #6.

Thread LINK HERE

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are trading this pick

it's not even valuable enough to get anything worthwhile on the market. Unless it's the pick, plus Warren and another pick or something to that effect. Straight up, this pick is pretty useless. Definitely puts a damper on what I hoped was going to be an exciting off-season.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it's not even valuable enough to get anything worthwhile on the market. Unless it's the pick, plus Warren and another pick or something to that effect. Straight up, this pick is pretty useless. Definitely puts a damper on what I hoped was going to be an exciting off-season.

I don't know. We could use it to clear the space to sign Walker, if New Orleans decides to overhaul and build around Zion then we could use it (and Jackson or something) to get Holiday. Or, out of wild desperation for a legit point guard, we could get really crazy/risky and use it to get Conley.

Or we could draft Garland or White and sign one of the many mediocre (but far better than our current options) PGs on the market.

I think there are still a lot of question marks out there.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe trade down, get a veteran piece or future pick and take Clarke. Clarke has the highest floor of any player we could get at 6 anyway. Not that exited about it but it’s the most sensible move to me.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do we really want to go the Dragan Bender route again?
We drafted 2 PFs that year and one could argue Bender has been the more productive. Granted not a top 4 pick but in a draft like this and picking at 6 not sure what you plan on getting. Every player has a chance to fail , in fact most will as we've seen in years past.

I dated a really beautiful woman a while back and found out she sucked as a person, doesn't mean I'm gonna stop dating beautiful women.

That being said I was just throwing out an option. I want to see a few good vets brought in and cant see where more 18-19 year olds would fit in. Not sure if it's a thing anymore but you used to be able to stash a European guy and let them develop overseas for a year or two.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Trade the pick. If they are set on keeping it, then draft the player who has the highest floor and is ready to contribute now. Not sure who that is, though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose