One Last Off-Season Murray Thread

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
His philosophy was to go no huddle and get the next snap off quickly (if I remember correctly). Obviously that comes with negatives such as a 3 and out means your defense got like a minutes of rest. I don’t suspect the Cardinals will be doing that. Probably plenty of no huddle, but not with the same philosophy for pace.

Yup. Let’s not forget that Chip Kelly doesn’t even run the Air Raid.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
It continues to amaze me that some narrow minded fans seem to blame Rosen for the crap show last season.Cards already have made improvements in several areas and had a good draft(except for the 1st pick,I would have went defense) and Murray has more help already than Rosen had at any time last season. This season is going to be a huge crap shoot...
Who knows how it will go one thing is for sure ..
Murray and KK will get more than one season to succeed and not be railroaded out of town.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I bet a lot of people don't realize that Andre Ware had -144 rushing yards in his collegiate career. The athletism disparity between him and Kyler are substantial.

Chip Kelly's offense struggled because it was pass heavy? I think there's some revisionist history going on there.

2013 Eagles
2nd in total yards,
4th in points per game
1st in rushing yards
9th in passing yards

2014 Eagles
5th in total yards
3rd in points per game
9th in rushing yards
6th in passing yards

2015 Eagles
12th in total yards
13th in points per game
14th in rushing yards
12th in passing yards

2016 49ers
31st in total yards
27th in points per game
4th in rushing yards
32nd in passing yards
You're mixing up Rushing Yards Gained - with Clock Used Up by Calling More Running Plays.

A team could chew up big yardage on a small number of running plays, with less time consumed than if it ran a lot of short-yardage stuff.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
You're mixing up Rushing Yards Gained - with Clock Used Up by Calling More Running Plays.

A team could chew up big yardage on a small number of running plays, with less time consumed than if it ran a lot of short-yardage stuff.

I understand that you meant to talk Chip’s offensive philosophy affecting time of possession, but you’re wrong about his offense being too pass heavy.

Just because his offense plays fast, doesn’t mean he doesn’t run the ball enough. Those Oregon teams were built on running the ball.

Let’s look at rushing/passing attempts of Chip’s NFL teams...

2013 Eagles
4th in rushing attempts
27th in passing attempts

2014 Eagles
7th in rushing attempts
5th in passing attemps

2015 Eagles
11th in rushing attempts
6th in passing attempts

2016 49ers
5th in rushing attempts
29th in passing attempts

Again I agree that his offense played too fast but it didn’t have anything to do with not running the ball enough.

Reaction score
He's by far the better chance at winning a Super Bowl over Josh with KK as the coach.
IMHO the Patriots would have been best served getting Josh to learn under TB for a year or two...then have Josh McDaniels take over and keep the train running.
Miami is as bad as AZ (other than the weather)...Josh's career path will maintain what it was last year....not good.

I wouldn't have taken a free ticket to see the Cardinals this year with Josh at the helm...but I'd pay to see Murray play.

I like your new avatar better than that old one.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand that you meant to talk Chip’s offensive philosophy affecting time of possession, but you’re wrong about his offense being too pass heavy.

Just because his offense plays fast, doesn’t mean he doesn’t run the ball enough. Those Oregon teams were built on running the ball.

Let’s look at rushing/passing attempts of Chip’s NFL teams...

2013 Eagles
4th in rushing attempts
27th in passing attempts

2014 Eagles
7th in rushing attempts
5th in passing attemps

2015 Eagles
11th in rushing attempts
6th in passing attempts

2016 49ers
5th in rushing attempts
29th in passing attempts

Again I agree that his offense played too fast but it didn’t have anything to do with not running the ball enough.
Interesting way the stats fall:

The Pass/Run ratios in 2014 and 2015 border on 50-50 whereas the 2013 and 2016 ratios are definitely run-heavy. What's up with that?

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You’ve now posted this on at least 2 different threads. Would you do me the courtesy of explaining what I did that so damaged my supposed reputation?

I think your reputation is beyond reproach on here, Harry.

I don't always agree with you, but you tend to be right a lot more than not and you obviously have connections in the league. Please just ignore the naysayers.

I don't agree with your previous takes on Murray, because I think more than ever, short QBs can and will be successful in the NFL. I chalk this up to more opportunity. 20 years ago, short QBs weren't given a chance at all. Now with the success of Brees and Wilson, I think the scouting community is starting to open their minds more to the idea that height is overrated for QBs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA