NBA Draft Combine 2019

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA Draft Combine will happen in Chicago on May 16th and 17th. Zion and Morant are supposed to be in attendance.

Here is an excerpt from CBS Sports:

Among the 66 players are some of this year's top prospects headlined by Duke's Zion Williamson and his teammate, RJ Barrett, both of whom enter next week as projected top-3 picks. Murray State point guard Ja Morant, a near-lock to go inside the top-5 of the draft, is also expected to be in attendance. Of the top 10 players on the CBS Sports Top 100 Big Board, only one -- France sensation Sekou Doumbouya -- is not expected to attend.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...66-players-expected-to-attend-annual-combine/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the interesting things for me is to know Zion's official height and wingspan.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the interesting things for me is to know Zion's official height and wingspan.

And his vertical. His measurements will be the highlight of the combine. I'm not sure how much he'll participate in, he's the clear cut #1 pick but he also seems to love basketball so it wouldn't surprise me if he's involved in all that he can be. Some former top will attend only to get their measurements down but don't partake in the physical activities. Those are more of a risk than anything but in Zion's case I think he'll be looking to shatter some combine records.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And his vertical. His measurements will be the highlight of the combine. I'm not sure how much he'll participate in, he's the clear cut #1 pick but he also seems to love basketball so it wouldn't surprise me if he's involved in all that he can be. Some former top will attend only to get their measurements down but don't partake in the physical activities. Those are more of a risk than anything but in Zion's case I think he'll be looking to shatter some combine records.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If you watch this video, it is clear that Zion's head is several inches above the rim. So if he is 6-7 and the rim is 120 inches, that makes getting his head to rim height a 41-inch vert. So I am thinking that he is getting closer to 45 inches in these clips.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you watch this video, it is clear that Zion's head is several inches above the rim. So if he is 6-7 and the rim is 120 inches, that makes getting his head to rim height a 41-inch vert. So I am thinking that he is getting closer to 45 inches in these clips.

It's crazy how high he can jump. I could easily see a 45 inch vert. I think back to that big block he had where he appeared to get over 15 feet in distance to go with about 38-40 inches in height, at least.

This one...
You must be registered for see images attach

I almost need to quit watching Zion clips because I'm resigned to the fact we won't get the #1 pick now and that's ok but the more I see the more I'll be disappointed when we don't get #1.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's crazy how high he can jump. I could easily see a 45 inch vert. I think back to that big block he had where he appeared to get over 15 feet in distance to go with about 38-40 inches in height, at least.

This one...

I almost need to quit watching Zion clips because I'm resigned to the fact we won't get the #1 pick now and that's ok but the more I see the more I'll be disappointed when we don't get #1.

His jumping ability is insane.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score

This just reminded me of the story of Diaw clearing the rack in his flip flops.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
There was a guy in college in my dorm that was seriously short. Like 5'5". He could jump up and kick the ceiling. We used to put him on the front line in dorm valley ball contests, and the other dorms would match up their tallest guy on him. He stuffed almost every spike they would set up against him! LOL! It was so demoralizing to the other teams to see our "midget" block their best guy!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

This one...

He’s still going up after he swats that. I mean that’s not human.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its not just his jumping ability. It is his ability to get up quick, and anticipation to know exactly when and what to try to block.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am intrigued by Charles Bassey of WKU. Kid is uber talented and atheltic just needs development. Could be this year's Mitchell Robinson worst case. If PHX ends up at #7, I would take a chance on Bassey than another wing or a guy like Garland.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am intrigued by Charles Bassey of WKU. Kid is uber talented and atheltic just needs development. Could be this year's Mitchell Robinson worst case. If PHX ends up at #7, I would take a chance on Bassey than another wing or a guy like Garland.

Tankathon has Bassey going #47 and #19 per NBADraftNet.

The Suns could probably trade down and get him providing they don't land at #1 or #2.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bassey is another kid on my list of guys who were a bit overrated coming into college and are now underrated coming out of college. Bassey has baggage and I actually believe he might go back to college to try and prove people wrong. he measured 2 inches shorter than expected at the combine so even with his reach and athleticism it hurt his stock.

AS I said before I think Romeo Langford and Kevin Porter Jr are the same, a bit overrated out of HS and now underrated because they didn't quite live up to the hype. Langford has to improve his shot and decision making but he can put the ball in the basket and in the right system I think will be better than guys who will go ahead of him. Porter Jr is one of the elite shooters in the class but he takes terrible shots and played for a coach that doesn't have a clue in X's and O's, can develop kids but just rolls the ball out in games, Porter wasn't ready for that. Porter shot over 50% from the floor and 41 from three but just over 50% from the line. Good athlete, good size, missed a lot of time this year with a variety of things and is reportedly very immature. I think he might last into the 2nd round over character concerns and will probably at some point in his career be playing like a lottery pick. Or completely out of the league depends if he matures fast or not.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Code:
Dylan Windler is an American basketball player. He played college basketball for the Belmont Bruins. Wikipedia
Born: September 22, 1996 (age 22 years)
Height: 6′ 8″
Weight: 200 lbs
College: Belmont Bruins men's basketball (2015–2019)
Number: 3
Position: Small forward, Shooting guard

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
They do have him listed two guard. As a back up to Booker that would be OK. 6'8" SG is OK!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They do have him listed two guard. As a back up to Booker that would be OK. 6'8" SG is OK!

I guess, but didn't we already trade away our most valuable draft pick (the unprotected Miami pick) to get Bridges for that role?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I guess, but didn't we already trade away our most valuable draft pick (the unprotected Miami pick) to get Bridges for that role?
LOL. YES! Can't have too many shooters. At least Bridges plays defense. That IS rare for Phoenix!

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
It is a shame that Clarke ended up having alligator arms. I might of been able to overlook all his deficiencies if his wingspan was closer to 7 foot. Unfortunately I just can’t see taking him with the #6 pick even if it’s a weak draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose